A teens view... 4 night on the dream

chaseg03

Wishing I was on a cruise
Ok, instead of doing day by day I will do each kind if thing and talk about it. Example, Dining, Entertainment, etc.

Embarkation- Easy, we were group 17 so it wasn't to bad. We got on, went to cabanas and our room was ready, great and easy 5/5.

Our room (8138) It was great! No complaints, room attendant was great. Nothing unusual about this room, very quiet and spacious. This room is bigger than some suites on Royal Caribbean. Very nice! 5/5

Dining- This where I was slightly disappointed. The food itself was ok. I really need think I need to try other things than steak as an entree. I think i would feel better about dining in the MDR. One thing I will remember was the seafood and escargot. Good stuff, that was my favorite. rotation: AEER 3.8/5

Entertainment- Disney always has something going on, whether it includes singers in the atrium or shows at night. I only watched one show, Mike Super. He was top notch. I could only watch half on his show though :( Ill explain later. 4.5/5

Edge- GREAT, I like it. Activities are great, especially Gaga ball. I met a few friends, including one from canada. Most kids get included, but some don't just click. This results in the same kids being there the whole time. Some practically live there. If your kid doesn't like it the first time, they won't like it the rest of the trip.
I think its really cool how its in the funnel too! 5/5

Things to do- If your never bored, they did a good job. Theres too many things too do! I was disappointed I could only ride the aqueduck a few times because of weather. The putt putt is good, sports simulators, everything, its great. I even spend a few minutes a day talking to a vanellopes worker. Francisco, he is great! He remembered me from my last cruise. Rembered incredible things like how I got braces and how Ive grown. Thats amazing! He remembered my name and my usual order. Crazy. 5/5

Pros

Big rooms
Endless activities
GREAT service
Good shows
Good desert and appetizers
Just being on a disney cruise itself
Great room service

Cons

Although food was still good, it wasn't as good as last time
I got sick mid way through, throw up and everything. I talked to my room lady and said if you feel fine you don't need to go to the doctor. I felt fine by the at sea day. That why I missed some shows.

Tips
aqauduck at 6:45, NO lines
Take advantage of room service\
They do about anything for you.

This is an unusually short trip report. I missed so much but I just can't do stuff like this and be able to pay attention. Disney cruises are great! So fun. Weather kind of sucked for this one. I could talk for hours about this cruise. It was still great though. Any questions and I will be more than happy to answer. Thanks for reading!

Glad you had a great time! Thanks for the info about Edge. Will keep it in mind for my DD...

That's a huge sailing group - 17 people! How did you all keep in touch throughout the cruise? Did you meet for dinner/meals all the time or did you pretty much do your own thing? When I used to sail with a teen, my one rule was we had to have dinner together. Other than that, she was off doing her own thing, usually in Vibe.

That's an interesting point that if someone doesn't like the Clubs on the first day, they won't like it the rest of the time.

That's a huge sailing group - 17 people! How did you all keep in touch throughout the cruise? Did you meet for dinner/meals all the time or did you pretty much do your own thing? When I used to sail with a teen, my one rule was we had to have dinner together. Other than that, she was off doing her own thing, usually in Vibe.

That's an interesting point that if someone doesn't like the Clubs on the first day, they won't like it the rest of the time.
Im sorry, I meant we were group 17 in the boarding group. We were a group of 7 on the cruise. I commonly would meet with my family and eat breakfast, lunch, dinner. I eat A LOT on a cruise. This would explain why I threw up on CC night. The reason I say kids who don't like the clubs when they come the first day they won't like it at all. I always see the exact same kids, always. Its a hit or miss IMO. How did your daughter like vibe? On my next cruise (alaska), I will be 15 so I will be in vibe. Ill be in the middle age group. Was she on dream or magic class? What was her favorite thing? Just trying to figure it out. Thanks!!!

How did your daughter like vibe?
She loved Vibe. She stayed there until it closed. We did a 3 night on the Dream and then a 7 night on the Wonder and she enjoyed both, but it sounded like Vibe on the Dream was much larger and had more things to do. I think her favorite part was hanging out with the CMs who worked in there. Sounds like some of them can be quite entertaining.

Thanks for taking the time to post from a teenager's perspective-I suspect it will help parents out there who aren't sure how their kids will feel about cruising with Disney.

The reason I say kids who don't like the clubs when they come the first day they won't like it at all. I always see the exact same kids, always. Its a hit or miss IMO. How did your daughter like vibe? On my next cruise (alaska), I will be 15 so I will be in vibe. Ill be in the middle age group. Was she on dream or magic class? What was her favorite thing? Just trying to figure it out. Thanks!!!

I agree that the group dynamics are pretty well set after the first night. My DD is now 16 but when she was in Oceaneers Lab/Club/Edge I always made sure she went the first night. She knows by now that's how it works and is off to the Vibe as soon as she can! Most of the times she enjoyed it so much the only time I saw her was dinner (our family rule too!). She was pretty nervous when she was aged out from Edge to Vibe but has enjoyed her 2 cruises as a Vibe teen. Her favorite things are similar to Edge: scavenger hunt, gender wars, gaga ball (I think...she's usually so tired when she comes in I get very little information from her...I'm sure your parents can relate). Alaska is a great cruise, I hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks for taking the time to post from a teenager's perspective-I suspect it will help parents out there who aren't sure how their kids will feel about cruising with Disney.

I agree that the group dynamics are pretty well set after the first night. My DD is now 16 but when she was in Oceaneers Lab/Club/Edge I always made sure she went the first night. She knows by now that's how it works and is off to the Vibe as soon as she can! Most of the times she enjoyed it so much the only time I saw her was dinner (our family rule too!). She was pretty nervous when she was aged out from Edge to Vibe but has enjoyed her 2 cruises as a Vibe teen. Her favorite things are similar to Edge: scavenger hunt, gender wars, gaga ball (I think...she's usually so tired when she comes in I get very little information from her...I'm sure your parents can relate). Alaska is a great cruise, I hope you enjoy it :)
Good to know about your daughter! I hope I will enjoy too. Thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter