A solo day at Epcot?!

klacey1

DIS Veteran
So I'll have a few solo hours my arrival day in June. I'll be flying down to meet my boyfriend, who will already be in Orlando on business. While he's wrapping things up on his final day of a conference, I'll be on my own from about noon (flight lands at 9 am) until 5 pm-ish. I mulled around a few options in my mind, considered Disney Springs, just hanging out at my resort (the Poly)...what I eventually landed on, however, was Epcot! The World Showcase is my favorite place in the World and honestly the idea of wandering around with no one to rush me, no one else's preferences to consider...sounds like heaven! Soooooo....
1. As a solo traveler, would you book a TS lunch (I've always wanted to try Via Napoli!) or just snack (and drink!) around the World?!
2. What are your favorite things to do in Epcot solo? I of course have my favorite things to do in both the World Showcase and Future World, but I'd love to hear yours and see if it sparks anything that I, a first-time solo park goer, hasn't thought of :)

Epcot will hot and humidity in June - not as bad as July or Aug. I think they have more live shows in the summer. So would definitely get a schedule at the Polyn and see what it has that you might enjoy.

I still actually love the rides solo....

don't like to eat at restaurants - but if you do - go for it!!!

You could do lunch at Biergarten, where they will seat you with other groups at communal tables, if that appeals to you. I think Teppan Edo does the same with the hibachi tables. It can be lots of fun!

something I enjoy doing when I'm solo is taking a snack or meal, usually from the France crepe place, over to the Beach Club solarium. It's a very relaxing area & you can rest, people watch & get out of the heat.

So I'll have a few solo hours my arrival day in June. I'll be flying down to meet my boyfriend, who will already be in Orlando on business. While he's wrapping things up on his final day of a conference, I'll be on my own from about noon (flight lands at 9 am) until 5 pm-ish. I mulled around a few options in my mind, considered Disney Springs, just hanging out at my resort (the Poly)...what I eventually landed on, however, was Epcot! The World Showcase is my favorite place in the World and honestly the idea of wandering around with no one to rush me, no one else's preferences to consider...sounds like heaven! Soooooo....
1. As a solo traveler, would you book a TS lunch (I've always wanted to try Via Napoli!) or just snack (and drink!) around the World?!
2. What are your favorite things to do in Epcot solo? I of course have my favorite things to do in both the World Showcase and Future World, but I'd love to hear yours and see if it sparks anything that I, a first-time solo park goer, hasn't thought of :)
If you "always wanted to try Via Napoli", get an early lunch reservation. It's better in June to get a table inside to enjoy the air conditioning instead of snacking at outdoor kiosks. Enjoy the world showcase at your own pace. There is so much to see and you don't need to worry that you are holding someone up. The movie in France is in a comfortable sit down theater, and is a nice break on a hot day. Try a cold treat in the French Ice cream shop. The crunchy macaron ice cream sandwich they serve is so different and delicious. Get a fast pass+ for Soarin, and be sure to see The Pixar Film Festival for another break from the heat. It is VERY special and well worth your time. ENJOY!

Epcot will hot and humidity in June - not as bad as July or Aug. I think they have more live shows in the summer. So would definitely get a schedule at the Polyn and see what it has that you might enjoy.

I still actually love the rides solo....

don't like to eat at restaurants - but if you do - go for it!!!
Oh yes, I've been all of the summer months and am well familiar with that heat! Thankfully it doesn't bother me!

I think I may try to get a Frozen Ever After FP+...not sure yet how I feel about doing rides alone, but I do know that's one my boyfriend would have zero interest in doing later in the trip!!

You could do lunch at Biergarten, where they will seat you with other groups at communal tables, if that appeals to you. I think Teppan Edo does the same with the hibachi tables. It can be lots of fun!
We're going to have dinner at Biergarten the following night, actually! I can't wait--some of my favorite food.
TBH, I'm not sure I want to spend my solo time with others in a communal setting?! Is that weird? I'd almost rather just be alone in my own thoughts.

something I enjoy doing when I'm solo is taking a snack or meal, usually from the France crepe place, over to the Beach Club solarium. It's a very relaxing area & you can rest, people watch & get out of the heat.
I'll only have a few hours solo, so I'll probably stay in Epcot but that does sound like a heavenly option for another time! Dying to stay at Beach Club this summer!

If you "always wanted to try Via Napoli", get an early lunch reservation. It's better in June to get a table inside to enjoy the air conditioning instead of snacking at outdoor kiosks. Enjoy the world showcase at your own pace. There is so much to see and you don't need to worry that you are holding someone up. The movie in France is in a comfortable sit down theater, and is a nice break on a hot day. Try a cold treat in the French Ice cream shop. The crunchy macaron ice cream sandwich they serve is so different and delicious. Get a fast pass+ for Soarin, and be sure to see The Pixar Film Festival for another break from the heat. It is VERY special and well worth your time. ENJOY!
I am still very tempted by booking a Via Napoli ADR!! Mmmm, I haven't been to the French ice cream shop in years but I can see myself very much enjoying a hazelnut ice cream on my own during a hot afternoon! I'll need to look into the Pixar Film Festival--I've never heard of it??

Thanks, everyone!

I did a similar thing a few years back while my husband was at a convention. I absolutely love doing disney with him but I also greatly enjoyed touring myself. I got kids meals at some of the different counter service in epcot to try different things. I loved sitting in the bench by thr water and people watch. I did all of the parks solo and enjoyed every second of it. Have a great time!

We're going to have dinner at Biergarten the following night, actually! I can't wait--some of my favorite food.
TBH, I'm not sure I want to spend my solo time with others in a communal setting?! Is that weird? I'd almost rather just be alone in my own thoughts.

It's not weird at all. Not everyone would go for that. I like Biergarten so much I don't mind where they seat me, but since you're having it the next night, then all's good!

I'll need to look into the Pixar Film Festival--I've never heard of it??

Pixar Short Film Festival was new to Epcot in December 2015. It's in the same building as Figment's Journey into Imagination in the old Captain EO theater. Check it out. I promise you'll be glad you did. It's really incredible.

Pixar Short Film Festival was new to Epcot in December 2015. It's in the same building as Figment's Journey into Imagination in the old Captain EO theater. Check it out. I promise you'll be glad you did. It's really incredible.

Yes. It's so great! The shorts are adorable and you get to spend 10-25 minutes (depending on your wait time) sitting down in the AC :P

I find QS to be very easy at Epcot solo, but usually when I go to Disney I'm not in "vacation" mode so I tend to try to save a bit of money on food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter