A review of DAS

MeganMango

Mouseketeer
Im an AP holder at WDW.

For the first time I requested a DAS pass. I just talked to a CM at guest relations, explained my needs, and the process was easy.

Being in tight spaces, in between so many people for more than 40/50 minutes, etc is enough to give me severe chest pains, stomach aches to the point of being sick, and bring on panick attacks. Which is enough to ruin my trip, sadly. I usually just skip the long lines and utilize fast passes but my dad came along with me and I wanted him to experience it all with me.

I can't even begin to say how helpful this was. While this was not my first trip to wdw, this was the first trip where I truly was able to feel relaxed and not have to worry about experiencing any of that. I utilized my fast passes and DAS pass when needed, and the difference in my mood the entire trip was incredible.

It makes all the difference in the world for our family. I don't do well in large crowds with lots of noise, and DD is a fidgeter. On her first trip to WDW she wedged her leg between the rails of the Winnie the Pooh ride and needed CMs to "unstick" her (she got her knee stuck between the rails). On our next trip I noticed the rails were much closer together, but that's a different story lol.

So glad you had a wonderful trip!

I'm so glad to hear this. We are taking our kiddo for the first time since he got his disability (it's a processing/social disorder secondary to epilepsy, so he didn't need accommodations on our last trip pre-epilepsy), and I am terrified both of asking for the DAS and whether it will be enough to keep him okay. Good reports give me courage and hope.

I'm so glad to hear this. We are taking our kiddo for the first time since he got his disability (it's a processing/social disorder secondary to epilepsy, so he didn't need accommodations on our last trip pre-epilepsy), and I am terrified both of asking for the DAS and whether it will be enough to keep him okay. Good reports give me courage and hope.
If you have not read it, this thread should answer all your questions about DAS at WDW. It is stuck near the top of this board.
ONLY the first post is up to date. The rest of the thread is discussion from just before and just after DAS came into use.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

If you are going to Disneyland instead of WDW, there is a thread stuck near the top of this board discussing DAS at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter