• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A quick trip with amazing food! 2/8 to 2/11/07

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
What a great weekend to get away! The weather was very nice, a bit cool at night but sunny and 71 in the day time. Stayed at the Swan for the first time and loved it! THE location to be at IMHO.

DAY 1

We arrived at 7:30 on 2/8 and headed over to Epcot for a bite to eat. Tangerine Cafe where DH ordered the rotisserie chicken, saffron rice and a side of marinated olive salad. The chicken was amazing as was the olive salad but the rice was very bland, no taste at all.

I headed to Germany for a braut with kraut and a pretzel (which DH and I shared). The braut was so good, the bun was super soft and delicious. The pretzel was hot and buttery.

We took a stroll to Norway and shared a school bread and some coffee. The school bread custard was delicious as always but the bun and the coconut was a bit stale though so we did not finish it and DH was still hungry so he got a lefse...gross. This is the worst thing we have every tried.

DAY 2
We woke up early and walked to Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club. We arrived at 7:45 am and were seated right then and there. There was only 4 other tables eating so we had the place to ourselves. By the time we left at 8:30 am the place was getting packed so my advice is to go right when they open. This is the best breakfast buffet we have ever been to! There is a yogurt bar with the most amazing raspberries, strawberries and blueberries (they were the size of nickels!), granola, almonds, bananas, some type of nut bread and chocolate chips. Great stuff! There was bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, sausage gravy with biscuits, potatoes with onions and peppers, Mickey waffles, grits and oatmeal, croissants, chocolate croissants, bread pudding, bagels, all kinds of muffins, cinnimon buns etc. There was watermelon, cantalope, honeydew, pineapple, oranges and blood red grapefruit, all was amazing. Our server brought us coffee, OJ and Grapefruit juice and we never had to ask for refills, he was right on top of things. Not one negative thing to say about this breakfast, it was out of this world and worth every penny. We saw Minnie, Chip and Dale and Goofy. They had crayons and paper on the table and the characters came around many times to "play a game" with us.

We head over to MGM and were one of the first people in the place. It was a very slow day there and everything was walk on, no waiting. Around noon we head over to the Commissary and shared a veggie lo mein. It was very bland but the veggies are cooked perfect so we picked at it a bit. We then go back to Epcot and shared egg rolls from China, hop over to France and shared a chocolate/hazelnut whipped mousse dessert...wow was this ever good and very light too.

Back to the room for a break and then to DTD for shopping and dinner at WPE. I had the pesto chicken salad (fantastic but too much food) with herb fries and DH had the caesar salad with a 4 cheese pizza. Very good stuff at this place.

NEXT UP: CP for breakfast and our new best place to go to for dinner!

DAY 3

We got up early and took a cab from the Swan to MK for our 8 am reservation at CP. DH and I did this back in December for the first time and liked it very much. We were the first 12 people in line that morning and had Main Street to ourselves, it was so nice and quiet. We were seated right away and the server went to get coffee, OJ and grapefruit juice. We had bacon (did not like it this time, too smokey) sausage, scrambled eggs, sausage gravy with biscuits, puffed french toast, the wonderful breakfast lasagne, cheddar potatoes (did not like this) and regular potatoes, bagels, croissants, cheeses, corned beef hash (way too salty), they had omelets and pancakes, nut breads, muffins, raspberry cinnamon bread, the best watermelon, strawberries and fresh whipped cream, cantelope and honedew melon. The place was packed with people by 8:20. The characters were great and we were out of there by 8:40.

MK was great until 11 am. We walked on all the rides with no waiting, it was fantastic! Around noon it was getting very busy so we hopped back to Epcot for a bit. We went to get a bite to eat at Sunshine Seasons. We shared a caesar salad and corn chowder (this was cold and tasted like smoked bacon soup instead of corn chowder) and the strawberry shortcake, this was wonderful. Over to Japan to share a melon and strawberry Kakigori.

We went back to the room to relax and DH decides that he doesnt want to go to the Yachtsman for dinner, he wants to try something else so I called to check if the Cape May Clam Bake had any openings. We got in at 5:30 and were seated right away. DH headed to the little necks and was very happy to see they had plain and ones with the garlic/tarragon butter. There were mussels, corn on the cob (very good), boiled potatoes, peel and eat shrimp, clam chowder (this must have been very good because they were always refilling it), tomato bisque (very good), ambrosia, potato salad, cole slaw, caesar salad, garden salad with all the fixings, fruit salad, red skin mashed potatoes (awesome), fresh sting beans, broccolini, baked ziti, sausage with peppers and onions, the best roasted chicken, steak tips with mushrooms (very good), excellent ribs, the best corn bread, sliced beef, mac and cheese, mini hot dogs, chicken fingers, Parkerhouse rolls, but the best was the dessert. Oreo bon bons, cheesecake bites, sugar cookies, Toll House cookies, flan, key lime tarts, brownies and peanut butter chocolate chip blondies! The place was slammed within 10 minutes and the line was wrapped around the buffet twice! We were not rushed at all and ate a ton of food! This is the best buffet on WDW that we have been to (for dinner). I highly recommend it and, we cannot wait to go back.

UP NEXT: Spoodles breakfast and Le Cellier for lunch

Everythign sounds delish- Been to CP but I think we will try Cape May for dinner for the next trip!

Thanks for sharing:goodvibes

DAY 4

Departure day and the weather is very cold. We checked out of the hotel and head over to Spoodles...we arrive at 7:45 to a very empty restaurant. Now DH wanted to go back to Cape May Breakfast again but I told him not to because we were having lunch at Le Cellier and you dont want to get full from eating too much at breakfast. I should have listened to him. For $10 more we could have gone to CMB and had much better food.

We are seated right away and the server brought coffee, OJ and Grapefruit juice. DH ordered the All American plate with sausage (like a little rubber wheel), greasy bacon, tiny little potatoes and scrambled eggs...also had a super greasy and hard biscuit. I had the sausage and cheese frittata (horrible and overcooked) with the same itty bitty potatoes and a greasy croissant. Like I said, for $10 more we could have had a much better breakfast. We will not eat here again.

We make it over to Epcot and are let in the back way at 8:50. Over to Soarin and since we were both still hungry (since breakfast was a huge bust) we shared a fruit bowl, chocolate croissant and a cappuccino.

Our reservation for Le Cellier was at 12:50 but when we checked in at 12:30 they seated us right away. The server was super nice and brought iced tea right away and asked us if we would like the mixed bread or just pretzel bread (just the pretzel for us and it was super hot and fresh, just wonderful!). DH ordered the cheese soup (always a winner) and I had the appetizer size caesar salad (just ok, they forgot the parm cheese on top). DH ordered the petite filet with cream cheese mashed potatoes and asked to have it with the maple BBQ sauce like at dinner (they said no problem). I ordered the tenderloin tips with Uni noodles, sauteed veggies and soy sauce. The portion was huge and the food was amazing, DH wished he ordered this too, there was more beef in my dish then his. Le Cellier is just as good for lunch as it is for dinner. We were too full for dessert but we made a pit stop to England for a few chocolates to eat on the car ride home.

Hope you enjoyed the reviews!

Wow, thanks for all the info! You must have been taking notes; I can't believe all the details. CM sounds awfully good. We may have to make an effort to have breakfast there on our next trip.

Wow, thanks for all the info! You must have been taking notes; I can't believe all the details. CM sounds awfully good. We may have to make an effort to have breakfast there on our next trip.

Thanks!

I try to be as descriptive as possible to help other diners out ha ha. I have read some fabulous reviews from other Dissers, this has lead me to try many things I would never have know existed, and I want to return the favor.

Thanks for the great reviews. We're trying Cape May Buffet in August so I was excited to see that you really liked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter