A Question of Pools...

malacajo

Mouseketeer
We have a pin code that expires on Feb 16-that being said, we have to make our minds up about our Disney trip within two weeks basically...The pin is a really good one, it would enable us to afford a deluxe resort-that is AKL or WL. I have read pros and cons for each resort, I know WL offers boat ride to MK, so I guess one big question I have is about the pools. We really are those people that will use our pools-we are going in Sept, perfect pool weather! Which pool do you prefer? For that matter, which resort do you prefer?? We would do standard room at either resort..Thanks!

I probably won't be much help because my response is you really can't go wrong with either one as they are both great. WL has an edge for us since we love the MK area and we always enjoy taking the boat to MK. But with that said, we also love AKL and don't mind the buses. They both have great CS options as well as great TS choices. If you want a little more peace and quiet and don't mind taking buses everywhere, AKL would be a great choice, IMO. If you want to be close to MK and have another transportation option, go with the WL. Good luck deciding, but I don't think you would be disappointed in either one.

only have stayed at AK -- both Kidani and Jambo. both are great...

we prefer Kidani - a little more quiet
the kids love the pool there. At night they play a movie, dh and I take adult beverages and hang out while the kids swim. :)

Have been to AKL and WL and found the pools to be similar. The DVC pool for AK was not there at the time.

We loved the animals at AKL, but overall we liked WL much better. Much more to do, better location, boats and trailsto fun places.

We had had enough of AKL after a couple of days. Far out from the parks (AK the exception), and lacking in activities not related to the animals. Just my opinion.

If I were doing a weekend with DW, I'd do AKL for the feel and the restaurants, but for a family week, I'd do WL.

Out of the two i have only stayed at akl kidani. The regular akl pool os not that good but the lidani one is very nice. There is a great slide and huge childrens water area at kidani. Wl like u aaid has the perk of the mk but the i have seen pictures and the pool looks ok but there is a very small slide. WL has better food options though while all are ok IMO.

-FantasiaMagic princess:

I ADORED the Animal Kingdom Lodge! It's not nearly as "far out" as everyone seems to think it is... I didn't think it took that long to get to the parks. The exception, of course, was Magic Kingdom (but even that didn't seem too bad).

The pool at AKL is fantastic - zero entry, super big, great slide, and right next to the quick service location (and the flamingos!).

I'm sure either resort would be fantastic, but my :love: is with AKL.

Good luck in your tough choice!

I ADORED the Animal Kingdom Lodge! It's not nearly as "far out" as everyone seems to think it is... I didn't think it took that long to get to the parks. The exception, of course, was Magic Kingdom (but even that didn't seem too bad).

The pool at AKL is fantastic - zero entry, super big, great slide, and right next to the quick service location (and the flamingos!).

I'm sure either resort would be fantastic, but my :love: is with AKL.

Good luck in your tough choice!

Thank you so much! I feel at this point, AKL is the one we're leaning towards, I love the zero entry pool idea, didn't know about that! Plus now the kids are saying this would be their first choice...Thanks everyone for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter