A newbie with a few questions

MomWith2Cinderellas

I wished upon a star and was granted the 3 loves o
Hi all!

I am so excited to be going back to Walt Disney World after a ten year hiatus!! This time I am going with my DH, DD who is 3, and my other DD who is 21 months!

My kids and I tend to get sick at the drop of a hat. We will be taking Airborne and Airborne Jr prior to our flight, but my question is are there doctors at each resort? We are staying at the Carribean Beach Resort.

Does anyone know the price range of a Cuckoo Clock from Germany?? LOL I know a strange question, but I have always wanted one!

We are going from 5/19 to 5/30 is there anything that we need to know about going that time of year?

With the hype on the news about Bed Bugs (YUCK!!!), anyone have any issues with them when they stayed at WDW?

I think that is it for now, but I may have more later.

Sorry some of them are strange, but my anal side needs to know these things!!

Welcome.gif

Thank you for your warm welcome! Congratulations on your weight loss! It is a very hard thing to do and I am always struggling with it.

Karen

Momw2Cinderellas, we're going in May also (1st timers) and I'm so glad I'm not the only one obsessing about the kids getting sick! I have two little pirates and I've never tried that airborne stuff but I had it in my hands today at the supermarket. Do you recommend it? Every night I say a little prayer just to keep them healthy for those 7 days! Germ-phobic that I am, I've already stocked up on antibacterial wipes, purell and sample size Lysol! Now, what is this about bed bugs??? As if I didn't have enough keeping me up at night?

Welcome to the boards. I've never heard of doctors at the resorts, there are RN's at each theme park, and guides mention transportation to walk-in clinics off property available. I'm going this week-end and if I see that clock I'll check the price. May should be a perfect time of year to go, weather, and crowds should be great. Epcot will be having flower and garden festival, and MGM will be having star wars week-end. AND lastly I've always slept tight and never got a bed bug bite :rolleyes2,and I sleep there a lot but I will be checking between my sheets a little better.

mouseplanner said:
Momw2Cinderellas, we're going in May also (1st timers) and I'm so glad I'm not the only one obsessing about the kids getting sick! I have two little pirates and I've never tried that airborne stuff but I had it in my hands today at the supermarket. Do you recommend it? Every night I say a little prayer just to keep them healthy for those 7 days! Germ-phobic that I am, I've already stocked up on antibacterial wipes, purell and sample size Lysol! Now, what is this about bed bugs??? As if I didn't have enough keeping me up at night?

LOL! My doctor did say that Airborne for me and Airborne JR for my girls would be fine. He said it would help to protect us against viral illness. I am going to try it. My youngest daughter is very prone to sinus infections and throat infection. We had ear tubes put in and her adnoids removed in hopes of lessening these infections, but to no avail. She really is the one i am concerned with.
I also called WDW and asked them if they could tell me if there is a doctor on call if a child or myself get sick. The representative said that this is the first time he had this questioned asked. He went to ask a higher up and they told me there are a few options if someone gets sick. The first is to go to first aid or to your resort to catch a shuttle to the nearest hospital. That shuttle will also pick you up once you are diagnonsed and ready to come back. He also said that you can call down to the front desk and they will giveyou the number to East Coast Medical Center. ECMC will have a doctor (a ped if necessary) come to your room diagnose you and give you a prescription if necessary. They will also give you the appropriate forms to submit to your insurance company. They also except most major credit cards and I think he said travelers cheques. The front desk also has the number to a pharmacy that will delivery prescriptions right to your door.
I was very pleased to hear that this was available. We are not renting a car and were worried if someone got sick what would we do.
I am also going to ask my doctor give me a presciption for antibiotics for me in case I get sick (have a heart issue, so it never hurts to play it safe.).
As for the bed bugs. The anal person I am was listening to the news and heard that they are on the rise and I was hoping someone here would be able to put my worried mind at ease :-) lol :rolleyes:
I really need to stop worrying!!! LOL
We will be there from May 19-May 30 at the CBR. When and where will you be?
Hope the above helps you a bit too!
Karen

MomWith2Cinderellas said:
Hi all!

Does anyone know the price range of a Cuckoo Clock from Germany?? LOL I know a strange question, but I have always wanted one!

The prices were between $250.00 & $1800.00, for those clocks. 250.00 being a small natural colored cuckoo clock. 1800.00 for a darker clock with lots of different things that moved all around. $700.00 would get you a very nice clock.

jcriket said:
The prices were between $250.00 & $1800.00, for those clocks. 250.00 being a small natural colored cuckoo clock. 1800.00 for a darker clock with lots of different things that moved all around. $700.00 would get you a very nice clock.

Thank you very much! I now know what I probably WILL NOT be getting...LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter