A newbie here and I'm already so overwhelmed!

brandycaviness

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm a newbie here as well, and have recently learned that Disney will drain the life out of you! :rotfl2:

We are trying to get the most bang for our buck so to say... Our trip will consist of 3 adults and 2 kids (5&5). Is it best to use a travel agent or AAA. Or should I just try and do it all on my own??

Where do we stay? What dates are considered off season or slow?

Any tips for a first timer would be greatly appreciated!

First of all breathe and welcome! Disney can be very overwhelming when planning your first vacation.

The first thing I would ask you is: Do you enjoy the planning process? Not just of a Disney vacation but of any vacation? Do you enjoy the process of researching hotels, restaurants, etc. If you enjoy all the work and planning that go into the fine details of the trip then I would recommend spending some time on this site and the parent site (www.wdwinfo.com) and doing some research. Check out the crowd calendars, the resort threads, the pictures of the resorts, the restaurant menus, etc. There is also a board that will help you figure out if there are any discounts or promotions when you are going to be there.

If the answer to your question is I really don't like all the detail work that goes into planning ANY vacation then visit this website: www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com They will handle EVERYTHING for you. They can help you choose a resort, they will book it for you, they will get you the best available price as of today and they will track any and all discounts that might be applicable to your stay. They will book your tickets and your dining reservations. They are very much a hands on, take care of everything for you agency. There is no cost passed on to you the consumer for their service.

If you enjoy planning: Then start asking us questions! We are all willing to help.

Welcome to the boards, you will be arguing with people in no time :)

There are lots of resources on here, you will stumble on bits of information here and there.

Biggest piece of advice I could give is try several things.

Never hurts to shop around like anything else. See what price a TA can get for you, see what you come up with and then throw some ideas out on the boards and see what kind of feedback you get.

Remember you can always have multiple trip scenarios with different plans and ideas, see what fits your budget, what everyone seems to like and then take bits from each plan and mash up some amazing vacation that everyone will remember.

11.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter