A New Idea for Autographs

Your local office supply store, such as Staples, OfficeMax, Office Depot, should be able to provide spiral binding services. I created autograph books for our April 2009 trip and had them bound at Staples.

How long does it take them to bind a book. We leave in 10 days, and I have everything printed out, I just don't have it bound yet.

Just when I thought I was set, I read posts like this! I love it!!! I'm ordering two today and hoping they arrive in time for me to rush through Kinkos and jump on the plane! Ha!! Thanks for sharing this great idea and pictures.

Just returned and wanted to provide an update on the book. It worked out great! It wasn't too big to lug, just threw it in my bag which hung on the stroller, along with the kitchen sink :lmao:

My daughter loved looking at the pages while in the lines. The characters got a kick out of it too. ElastaGirl & Mr. Incredible signed their pages and then held up the line actullay leafing through the pages. I was like, we love your antics, but I've had a 33lb 2yo on my hip for the past half hour waiting for you, can we move this along (I almost told them where to buy one). :scared1:

We didn't get many autographs cause spoiled 7yo didn't want to wait in line. She was the queen of the fastpass this trip (her first strollerless trip to the World). We didn't even see Mickey, who does that?!! What I decided was to keep the book handy and we'll just add autographs each trip we take. :thumbsup2

To those who have purchased, I am curious about size.
Typically the bag I carry to the parks is a miniature backpack; it could not hold a full size spiral notebook, for instance. Is this book large?

I ordered one on Sunday... I am PRAYING we get it in time!!! It still hasn't shipped, so I am not holding my breath!

I ordered my two this past Sat, it's been in 'prepared to ship' mode for three days. I called today, on hold a llloooonnnnggg time and was told it might ship by tomorrow . Hope so, we leave Tuesday and I want to get them bound like suggested. Let's all keep our fingers, toes and anything else crossed for each other ;)
Stay well,
AnnMarie

I ordered my two this past Sat, it's been in 'prepared to ship' mode for three days. I called today, on hold a llloooonnnnggg time and was told it might ship by tomorrow . Hope so, we leave Tuesday and I want to get them bound like suggested. Let's all keep our fingers, toes and anything else crossed for each other ;)
Stay well,
AnnMarie

Mine is too and we leave Tuesday as well... Fooy!!!

Great idea ,I just order one for my daughters.Now I can't wait to go back to WDW to use it .Good excuse for a another trip( Like I need excuses)

To those who have purchased, I am curious about size.
Typically the bag I carry to the parks is a miniature backpack; it could not hold a full size spiral notebook, for instance. Is this book large?

Yep! It's too large to fit in your backpack if you can't put a spiral notebook in it. Sorry!

Does the book have Princess Tiana? When was it published?

Tiana isn't in the book. Sorry. Forgot to look and see when it was published. If you really need to know, let me know. Otherwise I would rather not run back down in the basement and dig them out of the Christmas gifts again! :rotfl:

For those that took the book to Staples.Can blank pages be added to the book ??I want to add a few extra pages for those characters that are not in the book ( like the playhouse Disney characters which my DD loves )if so how much do they charge.

For those that took the book to Staples.Can blank pages be added to the book ??I want to add a few extra pages for those characters that are not in the book ( like the playhouse Disney characters which my DD loves )if so how much do they charge.

I don't see why not. What they do is cut off the binding with a laser cutter, punch the holes in the paper and insert the coil. I would suggest, though, that you use glossy & sturdy paper (possibly glossy photo printing paper) to match the rest of the book.

I didn't think to add extra pages (great idea), but when characters were not in the book, we used the inside covers (front and back).

Tiana isn't in the book. Sorry. Forgot to look and see when it was published. If you really need to know, let me know. Otherwise I would rather not run back down in the basement and dig them out of the Christmas gifts again! :rotfl:

No need to go back and look for the published date. Thank you VERY MUCH for answering the Tiana question.

cojimera said:

This was exactly my own thought. I think I'm going to get this book, bring it to Staples, and have them add some extra sheets. What I might even do is by the appropriate card stock and print illustrations of the missing characters on them, and then insert them in alpha order in the book, and then have it spiral bound. Then I'd add a few extra blank pages on the end.

What I might even do is by the appropriate card stock and print illustrations of the missing characters on them, and then insert them in alpha order in the book, and then have it spiral bound. Then I'd add a few extra blank pages on the end.

Now THAT is an awesome an idea!

Great idea.I think I'm gonna be the one in line for the characters,jeje .Like my husband always say about my obssesion with WDW." Is that really for the girls?".At least here in the DIS everybody share the feeling.

I just got my book yesterday!! Is better that I imagine,it has a page of stickers at the end of the book.My dd was so excited that she fell sleep "reading"the book.
Thanks for such a great idea and for sharing.

I ordered 3 books and it took abc forvever to ship. i finally got them but I was sweating that they would not come in time. staples has a quick turnaround time for binding (thank goodness). the books are fantastic though...even DH was impressed!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter