A message from Volcano Bay

I read about that on Sunday.
It is now Thursday and guess you missed the blurbs on the shocking news when it first was reported.

No injuries and that was a good thing.

I just heard about it today. Hope they get it sorted out soon. We loved Volcano Bay. Great park.

A poster on Facebook forum for another group was one of the people shocked when it happened... They were told by manager at the time they weren't shocked, that it was just hot concrete. The poster argued with the manager while warning other park goers to stay clear of the area.
The sanitized Universal release doesn't mention the delay in addressing the sever safety issue. Hoping that management gets some remedial safety training.. still concerning, as seems there may be a design flaw as any electrical problem in a water park should immediately shut off power in that area.

I think it was good they put out something with some facts, but honestly, I thought any problem with the electricity should have thrown a breaker or something immediately.

My hair dryer can do that and I only paid $15 for that.

Luckily no one was seriously injured, but they certainly could have been.

As for the worker not addressing the problem straight away. That was a very poor call, but even the workers that WERE being shocked, did nothing. That shows a lack of maturity in my opinion. The minute I felt a zap I would have immediately hit the shut down button. But I am sure I have quite a few more years of knowledge than the VB workers. I am not excusing them, but I seriously wonder if anything like that came up in training. I bet it does now.

Well at least they've narrowed down the cause of the shocks as something electrical and not something like seeing a dude wearing a Speedo far too small.

Yeah, I heard the reports that they tried to report it and they wouldn't believe them. I think that was a huge mistake and very concerning. This type of issue has happened in other water parks and has even caused death. It's not impossible for something like this happen. Your feet burning and you getting shocked are two completely different feelings. I also thought it was kind of concerning how someone was in the water and was scared to move, because if you move / leave your post you get fired.

Which I would imagine there couldn't be some circumstances in which you could leave if there is an emergency, but wonder if she was never told that, or even might have been told regardless they cannot move. Some work places are like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter