A Magical 4 night Cruise- 4/12/2013

Yes, yes, yes to decorating the stateroom door. I will definetely keep it to less than 10 magnets total. I know I want the captains ears and then probably one magnet for each of us. Not sure???

I will update the lists this evening when I get home if anyone else has changes. Currently at work and being sneaky. :surfweb:

Okay so i just went back and tried again.

I first searched for 2 adults and had availability in every area (inside, ocean view, verandah) except concierge.

I then searched two adults and two kids and nada, zip, zero availability.

It looks like all the rooms for 4 are gone. :confused3

Blame me. I just decided on Monday to look at cruises for the long weekend/snow day we have on 4/12. Is your DD in LISD?
I originally could not find any room for 4 but yesterday around noon one popped up and w/ KSF- it was a no brainer.

I am doing this cruise 100% different than the others we have done:
Never have driven before but no reason to fly to Galveston since so "close".

Not obsessing over planning- I did book and pay in full so I was able to book Palo brunch and dinner and the excursion we wanted in Cozumel.

Not participating in FE - 2nd cruise had over 350 rooms (yes that's right) and 5th cruise had over 250 (reunion cruise of people that cruised together on 2nd crusie)

May not even eat in MDR - definitely not every night.

We are just going to have a total laid back cruise. Can't wait. :cool1:
I am Coral
DH- Bill
DD 16- Megan
DD 13-Miranda

350 rooms for a FE! That is crazy! On the ones where we have participated, if the FE group got above 40-50 rooms, it was separated into more than one group. You still had the option of participating in all the FE groups, but if you didn't want to, it was still manageable.

If y'all would like, I can take point on the FE list. I'll start a google doc and people can add their info.

Also, for those that are on the fence about participating, it is so much fun!! Your gifts do not have to be homemade. In fact, we have never given something homemade. We usually give personalized (with cruise info) stadium cups. The cups by the drink dispensers are so small, they hardly hold anything.

If you are on Pinterest, you can search "Fish Extender" and a lot of ideas come up. (For both gifts and the things you hang outside your door.)

A word of warning though, if you order from Fairy Tale Embroidery on Etsy (for the hanger) order early! She usually runs late with her shipping:confused3, but she does really nice work.

So excited we might be on a full cruise!

350 rooms for a FE! That is crazy! On the ones where we have participated, if the FE group got above 40-50 rooms, it was separated into more than one group. You still had the option of participating in all the FE groups, but if you didn't want to, it was still manageable.

If y'all would like, I can take point on the FE list. I'll start a google doc and people can add their info.

Also, for those that are on the fence about participating, it is so much fun!! Your gifts do not have to be homemade. In fact, we have never given something homemade. We usually give personalized (with cruise info) stadium cups. The cups by the drink dispensers are so small, they hardly hold anything.

If you are on Pinterest, you can search "Fish Extender" and a lot of ideas come up. (For both gifts and the things you hang outside your door.)

A word of warning though, if you order from Fairy Tale Embroidery on Etsy (for the hanger) order early! She usually runs late with her shipping:confused3, but she does really nice work.

We were on a 15 day cruise so it was a little easier to deliver over several days.
The cruise last June had over 250 and it was a 7 day. My DH and kids put the FE gifts in rolling cases and got them over w/ the first day.
That's funny about the cups. That was our FE gift last summer too. I can't remember where I got them from but the name was on here but was not on Etsy. Since I had almost 600 cups, it took 3 big suitcases once they were packaged.I heard a lot of "Never again" from my family.
We needed 2 of the 3 suitcases to bring back the FE gifts we rcvd. This was also on the Fantasy and it's REALLY a pain cause that ship is so big.

We are looking forward to being on the smaller legacy ships. The Dream and Fantasy are a little too big and things are in non-logical places to me.
It's been 5 years since I cruised the Magic so I am going to have to re-familiarize myself with it.

Blame me. I just decided on Monday to look at cruises for the long weekend/snow day we have on 4/12. Is your DD in LISD?
I originally could not find any room for 4 but yesterday around noon one popped up and w/ KSF- it was a no brainer.

I am doing this cruise 100% different than the others we have done:
Never have driven before but no reason to fly to Galveston since so "close".

Not obsessing over planning- I did book and pay in full so I was able to book Palo brunch and dinner and the excursion we wanted in Cozumel.

Not participating in FE - 2nd cruise had over 350 rooms (yes that's right) and 5th cruise had over 250 (reunion cruise of people that cruised together on 2nd crusie)

May not even eat in MDR - definitely not every night.

We are just going to have a total laid back cruise. Can't wait. :cool1:
I am Coral
DH- Bill
DD 16- Megan
DD 13-Miranda

Hey Coral,

I think we may have met before in person at the old DIS lunchers or maybe the GKTW fundraiser last year.

So glad you got a stateroom. I really wish they were doing some more 4 nights out of Galveston next fall.

Hey Coral,

I think we may have met before in person at the old DIS lunchers or maybe the GKTW fundraiser last year.

So glad you got a stateroom. I really wish they were doing some more 4 nights out of Galveston next fall.

I forgot I was going to ask you that too. :) How fun!
It was the DIS luncheon- maybe at La Hacienda? or Logan's Roadhouse?

I forgot I was going to ask you that too. :) How fun!
It was the DIS luncheon- maybe at La Hacienda? or Logan's Roadhouse?

Uggg, I just locked up my computer keyboard and had to get my ipad out so I could get to the HP website to figure out how to unlock it. I have only had this computer for about 1 1/2 months. Oh well, guess I learned something new this evening. :goodvibes

Yes, I went to both LaHacienda and Logans. Wow, time has just flown by. I remember when I first started going everyone's kids were so small and now my Skylar is 16 and people who had babies there now in elementary.

Skylar goes to Lewisville High School, she's a junior this year. I am hoping when I meet her teachers next week that they are understanding about her missing the Monday and Tuesday and let her make her assignments up.

She is excited but nervous also. I think she is going to love cruising and hopefully summer 2014 we can do a WDW/DCL vacation for her graduation, or maybe Hawaii.....

Just too many possibilities.

I would love it if you would start the google doc. I think most people are pretty new so maybe if you could just tell us how google doc works once you set it up.

I am sure it's pretty simple but I know anytime I use something for the first time I am always a little nervous that I will do something wrong and mess things up. pirate:

Cruise List:
dallastxcpa Lorrie - + DH Dave, DD Skylar (16), DM Phillis
trwprid
nancyelex - 4 cabins with 7 adults and 3 (4 year olds)
KurlyStarr - + DH, DD (2 almost 3), and DS (6 months)
Ana-N-Joseph - + DH, DS (3), DMIL, DFIL, & DM
hnstep - + DH, DS (5), DS (3), DD (3m); parents & brothers family
BellaKruz - + DH, DS (6), DD (4), DM & DD
SsMom - + DH, DS (6), DS (1.5)
Skayrobe - + DH, & DD, DDsDH, DDDS, DDDS
Maymiel - + DH Shannon, DS (11), DD (10), & DS (7)
sherrief - + DS (8), DS (5), & DD (4)
courti1 - + DH, DD (5), and DD (3)
M&M'smom Coral - + DH Bill, DD Megan (16), & DD Miranda (13)

I need to update my signature! I've been suppressing it 'cause it's old.

It's me, DH, DS (6) and DD (almost 3).

Uggg, I just locked up my computer keyboard and had to get my ipad out so I could get to the HP website to figure out how to unlock it. I have only had this computer for about 1 1/2 months. Oh well, guess I learned something new this evening. :goodvibes

Yes, I went to both LaHacienda and Logans. Wow, time has just flown by. I remember when I first started going everyone's kids were so small and now my Skylar is 16 and people who had babies there now in elementary.

Skylar goes to Lewisville High School, she's a junior this year. I am hoping when I meet her teachers next week that they are understanding about her missing the Monday and Tuesday and let her make her assignments up.

She is excited but nervous also. I think she is going to love cruising and hopefully summer 2014 we can do a WDW/DCL vacation for her graduation, or maybe Hawaii.....

Just too many possibilities.

My DD, Megan goes to Marcus- we live very close and she is in the band (State 5A Marching Champions but that's another story ;)).
My DH is the PTA President at DD-13 Middle School and we found out something interesting about kids missing school, which allowed us to go on this trip. I will PM you.

OMG I could hear my DH's mouth now if I signed up for an FE with some 200+ people in it. He isn't going to "get it" about the FE anyways so I don't plan on explaining until later :rotfl2:

Just put reservations on hold with Disney. We will have 2 staterooms. Disney is not allowing 2 adults and two kids in the same room. We are taking my daughter, son in law and two of her boys. We had to register one of the boys in our room. So each room has two adults and one child. I will finalize on Friday. I will let you all know. Dh and I are leaving February 1st on the 4 day Disney cruise with our granddaughters. I am sailing as much as I can while there is a Disney ship 45 minutes from my house. :cool1: Sherry

I will give you all the info when we finalize on Friday.

Just put reservations on hold with Disney. We will have 2 staterooms. Disney is not allowing 2 adults and two kids in the same room. We are taking my daughter, son in law and two of her boys. We had to register one of the boys in our room. So each room has two adults and one child. I will finalize on Friday. I will let you all know. Dh and I are leaving February 1st on the 4 day Disney cruise with our granddaughters. I am sailing as much as I can while there is a Disney ship 45 minutes from my house. :cool1: Sherry

I will give you all the info when we finalize on Friday.

Now, Sherry,

Since you are going on the 4 day in February we expect you to come back here and share all the details. :yay:

I just booked this cruise for our family - me, DH, DS-12 & DD-8. This will be our second Disney cruise :banana: We just sailed on the Magic for a week in December :cool1:. I didn't think we would cruise again so soon, but with kids sail free I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Plus with Disney pulling out of Galveston soon, I figure we should cruise as much as we can while they are still close enough for us to drive.

Count us in on the FE group!

Any plans to start a Facebook group for the cruise? I realize not everyone uses Facebook, but there was a Facebook group for our last cruise and we all found it to be a bit more user-friendly and it was quite active.

According to my Disney Countdown Clock on my phone, we have 85 more days till the cruise.....:cool1:

What's up with having to look at the 2nd page for this cruise.. Let's get trip planning people! :lmao:
What is everyone thinking about excursion wise in Cozumel?
We were just there in June on the Fantasy but we did not even get off this stop. Costa Maya temple tackling was so excessively hot that we just were not up to doing anything in Cozumel. At least this time we will be able to enjoy the port.
We are doing the Segway & Beach trip. It's something for all 4 of us.

not sure yet, with three little ones, my options are limited. I'm thinking of just hanging on the beach for a few hours and then a little shopping

Since we have a toddler and an infant, I initially thought about just staying onboard and taking advantage of the ship being somewhat empty.... to check out different things and let DD have fun in an uncrowded pool.

But, she came home from daycare last week talking about she wants to go to a beach and do the hula -- :rotfl2: --- so I think it may behoove us to do the beach for a little while we are there. She's never been on a beach before, so I think she would get a kick out of it. We shall see.

Hooray! I rechecked everyone's schedule, checked on elderly parents(did get trip insurance) and booked this cruise! We are so excited! It will be Dave and I in one cabin and our Dd , her husband and two boys in the other cabin. We are definitely in on the Fe. And would love to do a meet and greet onboard the day we sail. So excited!

Oh Dd is Kellie, her husband is Rich, Alex is 6, and Josh is 3. Thanks Sherrypixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter