A long trip or a few short ones?

NeverlandClub23

AKV & OKW DVC Member
I was thinking how nice it would be to go to WDW and stay 20 or more days. But then I started wondering if I would rather split that up to 2-3 smaller trips during the year or go on one long trip. What would you do? :Pinkbounc

And this is all hypothetical as it will be a long time until I'm able to afford 20 or more nights anywhere! (they need a broke smiley :teeth: )

We used to do one long trip a year, now we do several smaller ones. It just depends where you are in your life at the time, I guess.

I would say split it into two 10 day trips. Here's why. First off, absence makes the heart grow fonder (although I'm pretty sure I could pull off a 20 day trip with out getting tired of the place). Secondly, you could experience WDW at two different times of year, with perhaps one of the trips being at Christmas time - a great time of year to go, and one time when the weather is a bit warmer, for better swimming etc.

Also, although we do it sometimes, we like to try to avoid split stays, and we would rather have two different trips down there, than split one vacation between two resorts. But I think one reason we feel that way is that we have two little ones and packing up & moving to another hotel room is a bit of an ordeal for us.

Personally, i think i would do 3 trips of 7 days vs one long trip of 21 days.... Just my opinion..
Wait.............. maybe 2 trips of 10 days!! Ya, that might be better! LOL

I am currently booked for a 21night, 21day trip in Sept/Oct. I would prefer two ten night trips. However the long drive to the airport, the 9hour non-direct flight from the West Coast of Canada, plus the cost of airfare from Canada, makes the 21night trip the most economical for me.
I used to take 14 day trips and those 14days seemed the best to me: two days to get over work, ten days to relax and two days to worry about going home.

:thumbsup2

I keep thinking about this too.

But be warned, once you start going every 3-4 months it really is hard to think about going every 6 months.

I would go for two 10 day trips myself. If I only did one big trip a year it might be hard because I enjoy the F&W and I also enjoy escaping the MN winters.

I have to say that I think I would do 3 seperate trips over a years time. I would go every couple of months and stay someplace different each time. I can always dream.

I have to agree with some of the others - two trips, 10 days for each trip. Sounds like heaven.

You would get to experience different things - Food & Wine, Halloween, Star Wars, Christmas festivities, etc. And the different seasons - we usually travel in February which we thought was perfect, until we delayed a trip and arrived in May. We loved being able to enjoy the warmer weather in the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter