• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

a late arrival query

Rosabelle

Mouseketeer
hi all

i haven't posted in a looooong time so hello again :wave2:

i'm looking at booking either the SL or Cheyenne from wednesday 13th feb to saturday 16th. i'm working wednesday morning and the smallies are in school so we can only take the AL flight at 6.30pm arriving into CDG at 9pm. add in transfer time of maybe an hour and it means it'll possibly be after 10pm by the time we get to the hotel :sad2:.

however im being charged for 3 nights/4 days stay at the hotel. fair enough they don't know when I arrive!

so my query is this, is there any way i can book the hotel but not tickets for wednesday or would it even make a price difference?

would i be better off staying at a cheaper hotel for wednesday night and keeping disney package for thurs-sat.

or would i be better off just getting the first plane from Dublin at 6.30am on Thursday morning?

:confused3

any and all input is really appreciated. :thumbsup2

btw im getting prices of €696 for the cheyenne for 3 adults 1 child.

thanks a lot everyone :goodvibes

You could maybe look at booking the first night room only via Expedia or Alpharooms etc and then the rest with tickets via Disney.

Then you could request a week or so before going that your bookings be combined so you'd keep the same room.

Might work out cheaper :goodvibes

Having a look now on Expedia and for 3 adults( over 18) and a child (under 18) I've got that night at 82.40€ at the Cheyenne and 159.10€ at SL with free cancellation :thumbsup2

if 2nights/3 days package is more than 100 euros cheaper compared with 3nights/4 days then I'd do the 2 nights/3 days package with Disney, and room only through Expedia for your first night.

Wow that is A LOT cheaper!
Thanks for researching that for me guys :-)

I didn't know I could combine the room and package so thanks for that info too :-).

Dlp daft I think you're right, if it's working out that much cheaper then it's definitely worth doing!

D'ye know how many days I've been trying to figure out what seemed so complicated yet you guys have made simple :-D!!

Thanks again

R x

We're doing the same thing. Arriving late (but not so late as you) and I booked Cheyenne via expedia with no tickets. I planned to stay in Kyriad for overnight, but Cheyenne worked out cheaper.

were on that flight but in march were staying at the novotel at cdg and getting the tgv nxt morn. It a sat night so not getting those cheap room only rates for a on-site hotel. Tho it suits us as i prefer the tgv.

were on that flight but in march were staying at the novotel at cdg and getting the tgv nxt morn. It a sat night so not getting those cheap room only rates for a on-site hotel. Tho it suits us as i prefer the tgv.

I also was thinking about that, but I want to do EMH and it would mean getting up earlier, much earlier.

I also was thinking about that, but I want to do EMH and it would mean getting up earlier, much earlier.

are ye staying in the cheyenne as part of ye disney package also?
were staying in the new york so too expensive to stay there on the sat night.
our plan is get the tgv at 7am , check into d new york, hav brekkie in the dlh and bn in the park for 9am. wouldnt even bother with emh but want to que at the pavallion.

Arghhhh!

I cannot find the price and availability I originally had for ¬696 :-/!
I've searched but it's gone! Cheyenne seems to be booked out for our trip?
Earlier I was getting 2 nights in the SL for ¬554 and I was all ready to book till I noticed its for a Lodge room with two queen size beds and not bunks!

This doesn't suit us as my mam is coming with me, dd 19 and ds 9. At least with bunks ds and mam have their own bed but I don't think this will work at all :-(.

What's the chances of booking this room then being able to change it later do you think?

I didn't even know the SL did rooms without bunks!

Arghhhh!

I cannot find the price and availability I originally had for ¬696 :-/!
I've searched but it's gone! Cheyenne seems to be booked out for our trip?
Earlier I was getting 2 nights in the SL for ¬554 and I was all ready to book till I noticed its for a Lodge room with two queen size beds and not bunks!

This doesn't suit us as my mam is coming with me, dd 19 and ds 9. At least with bunks ds and mam have their own bed but I don't think this will work at all :-(.

What's the chances of booking this room then being able to change it later do you think?

I didn't even know the SL did rooms without bunks!

most of the Sequoia Lodge rooms are without bunks - in fact I've never seen any of the onsite rooms apart from the Cheyenne as bookable with bunks, the usual description of all the the other onsite standard rooms is 2 doubles. There are a few rooms with bunks in the Sequoia Lodge and Santa Fe (not sure about the other hotels) but you can't reserve them specifically, you can make a request for them but its not guaranteed.

Ah yes now I remember, we requested a w/chair accessible room the last time in the SL so they put a set of wheeled bunks in a room with a double bed.

I'm mixing it up with the Cheyenne thinking it mostly had bunks :-D!

I'll have to remember how I managed to get that now as we had booked through a TA that time.

daiseyirl said:
are ye staying in the cheyenne as part of ye disney package also?
were staying in the new york so too expensive to stay there on the sat night.
our plan is get the tgv at 7am , check into d new york, hav brekkie in the dlh and bn in the park for 9am. wouldnt even bother with emh but want to que at the pavallion.

No, I booked via expedia for overnight stay, just the room and very happy with it. Moving to SL next morning and coming back after for overnight stay. Last year we did the same and were in park around 8.30 am.

No, I booked via expedia for overnight stay, just the room and very happy with it. Moving to SL next morning and coming back after for overnight stay. Last year we did the same and were in park around 8.30 am.

just read ur TR from this yr as i noticed you were at the new york similar dates to when we go nxt march. really enjoyed it your boys are adorable:goodvibes. you have made be reconsider staying closer to disney for our 1st night now the kyaraid looks lovely.

daiseyirl said:
just read ur TR from this yr as i noticed you were at the new york similar dates to when we go nxt march. really enjoyed it your boys are adorable:goodvibes. you have made be reconsider staying closer to disney for our 1st night now the kyaraid looks lovely.

Kyriad was good, room small, but lovely. Busses run every 20 mins. We booked for 81 eur, but this year price has gone up to 110. Lucky with Expedia booking. You might want to check it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter