A Lap Dance, A Thief, A Flasher, and other Magical Moments....

Miz Diz

<font color=darkorchid>I'll give up anything, as l
My family has been to Disney many times and we all agree that this was the best trip EVER!
This TR has it all – photos, humor, love, drama, fun, abandonment …. But don’t be scared. I know this is a family board and I promise to keep this TR rated G (-ish).

Spoiler – we were not granted any dreams by any dream team members.

Why was it the best trip EVER? Because instead of our usual family of 4 trekking to the World, we were a family of 7! Since I did not do a Pre TR, I’m going to do a little backing up.

I’ve always wanted to try Beach Club, so several months ago, I booked BCV. Then, they announced free dining. Now I am one who LOVES a good deal. How could I miss out on free dining? But staying at BCV, I can’t get free dining. So I decided to book ASMu for 3 nights. I reason with DH – we would be getting our 3 nights for about the same amount of money that 3 days on the dining plan would cost, plus we would be able to save those DVC points for another trip later. Then I called my niece and asked if she and her husband wanted to meet us there. She said yes! :wizard: We always have a good time with them. Our husbands together are a riot. She says they are like peas and carrots. I say they are like beans and franks. (She’s a vegetarian).

Meet the Freaks
Gifts - Tie Dye Mickey Shirts!
Getting there & a funny video of Mr Diz
Capn Jacks, Once Upon a Toy
Day 1 MK morning. Mr and Miz Diz have an argument
Little Ones Travel Time morning
A Magical Moment (page 6)
We changed our name! (page 7)
MK EMH(page 8)
Abandoned at MK?(page 9)
Mr Diz's version of "Abandonment"(page 10)
Day 2: The Incredibles. Mr Diz tries to make some new friends (page 12)
Day 2: The Incredibles in Epcot (page 12)
Mr Diz explains (page 14)
Day 2: Cinderella's Gala Feast pics and video (page 15)
Day 3: Animal Kingdom (page 17)
Day 3:AK - THE LAP DANCE (page 20)
Day 3:AK - THE LAP DANCE photo (page 20)
Day 3:AK - Mr Diz says: THE LAP DANCE (page 21)
Day 3: Leaving AK (page 22)
Day 3: TMI and Dinner at Le Cellier (page 23)
Day 4: MGM and a nosy lady (page 25)
Day 4: AK EMH and Southern accents (page 27)
Day 4: AK THE THIEF!!! (page 28)
Day 4: AK. Miz Diz is Mad and more EE (page 30)
Day 4: Beaches and Cream (page 31)
Day 5: Back off Lady! (page 33)
Day 5: The Kitchen Sink - For Real! (page 34)
Day 5: Stormalong Bay photos (page 35)
Day 5: The Flasher(page 35)
Day 5: Illuminations Cruise(page 36)
Day 6: Ohana's(page 37)
Day 6: End of Day 6(page 37)
Day 7: The last day. Characters, pics, videos(page 39)
Day 7: Final Post and video (page 40)

With a title like that this should be good. Even got pictures wow. I have decided I need to really start reading all these TRs. So count me in and can't wait for the post were you met the real nice but scattered DISer who gave you Faolan.

So I decided to book ASMu for 3 nights. I reason with DH – we would be getting our 3 nights for about the same amount of money that 3 days on the dining plan would cost, plus we would be able to save those DVC points for another trip later.

Now who could argue with logic like that. He is a lucky man to be married to such a wise woman.

Thanks all for coming by! The "lap dance" is the funniest part of the trip, in my opinion. I don't want to give any more spoilers away.

So let me introduce you to the freaks - err cast of characters.

Miz Diz – that’s me. Loves Disney – but you already know that. Usually not a planner, but when it comes to Disney, I plan. I know about 6 months in advance where we are eating, what park we will be at on what day, etc. I am not as bad on the planning as some Dissers I know, but I did bring along a spreadsheet this trip. Usually I bring along post it notes. Did I forget to tell you I am VERY organized?

Mr Diz – my DH. He has a name on the disboards is 999Frights He rarely posts. I invited him to join in on this TR. How else is he going to defend himself? Oh – you are going to hear some great Mr Diz stories. Mr Diz loves the Haunted Mansion and POTC and he loves Disney. He also loves to sing and dance - I never said he was any good, but funny – YES! Mr Diz is OCD – as in has to check everything in sets of 5, as in, has to have everything planned in advanced, as in all the light switches in the house have to be a certain way. When his parents come to visit, he has to tell them what time to get here and what day and time they have to leave. He is not allowed to do that with my family. Just to drive him crazy, I mess with all the light switches in the house. But for some reason when it comes to Disney, he wants no plan. :scared1: Something happens to his OCD. I know – it’s scary!

Funny Mr Diz story – well not so funny to him. When we first got married we were in college. He worked until midnight and I worked until 9pm. Being newlyweds and young, I would actually wait to eat dinner with him. He has to check everything by touch, in sets of 5. The door will be closed, but he still has to put his hand on the doorknob and push that door in 5 times. I would tell him he didn’t have to check the stove, because he could look at the stove and tell it was turned off. But did he listen? Noooo. So one night he did the hand touch on the stove and I had actually cooked that night. It was the last time he ever did a hand touch on the stove.:rotfl2:

Ham Boy – this is my DS6. I would not call him Ham Boy, except for the fact that he told me he wanted to be called Hamster on the Disboards. Why? Because he is 6 and he wants a hamster. Why does he want a hamster? Because he says he wants a pet, even though we have a dog, but apparently she doesn’t count because she won’t fetch and she is old. Ham Boy is very smart and serious, but when it is just the 4 of us, he is quite a ham and funny. He doesn’t like showing this side of him to many people. He went the entire year last year at the bus stop without talking to a single person – including his friends. You know how at Disney, they try to get the kids involved? He won’t ever join in.:sad2:

Baby Girl – DD2. When you ask her what her name is, sometimes she says Girl and sometimes she says Baby. She is the opposite from Ham Boy. High Maintenance, Says “Hi” to everyone in the grocery store, loves to dance and sing. Won’t watch tv because it requires sitting still – but she will watch the Doodlebops and about half of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. At Disney – she likes the characters, but only at a distance, except for the Evil Queen. On our last trip, she was the only character Baby Girl would take a picture with. Baby Girl even talked to her.

Mandy – my niece. Easy going. Will go with the flow. As I said, she is a vegetarian, but because she doesn’t like the taste, so she doesn’t judge the rest of us meat eating people. As a child, I could not understand how anyone could not like McDonalds, but she hated those hamburgers. She is a Dental Hygienist and too busy for the disboards, but I may try to sway her over.

Jason – M’s husband. Very laid back. Funny. Will make fun of you to your face and you will laugh with him. Is getting physical therapy because of knee and hip problems, but yet carried his DD6 all around WDW on his shoulders and even carried my DD2 around.

Princess J – 6 year old princess. She wore a Princess Jasmine costume almost the entire trip. Gorgeous girl. Not a shy bone in her. You know how at Disney, they try to get the kids involved? She always wants to join in.:cheer2:

Gifts - Tie Dye Mickey Shirts!

I say they are like beans and franks.
Ok--I'm trying to read that with my G rated glasses on--but the PG-13 rated ones think it's funny and want to know which one is the beans and which one is the...well, never mind.......:lmao:

Miz Diz – that’s me. Loves Disney – but you already know that. Usually not a planner, but when it comes to Disney, I plan. I know about 6 months in advance where we are eating, what park we will be at on what day, etc. I am not as bad on the planning as some Dissers I know, but I did bring along a spreadsheet this trip. Usually I bring along post it notes. Did I forget to tell you I am VERY organized?

I gotta dig through my photos of you all.....

Mr Diz – my DH. He has a name on the disboards, but I can’t remember it. It is not Mr Diz.
Really? Even if mine had an interest--I would discourage it entirely as it's kinda MY WORLD!!" "oh sure honey.....you're welcome to read the posts....today we discussed the merits of potty training by age 2 and the importance of bleach in front loading washing machines.....":lmao: BTW--the bleach idea is great whoever mentioned that!!:thumbsup2

But for some reason when it comes to Disney, he wants no plan. :scared1: Something happens to his OCD. I know – it’s scary!
Mine either--he never wants to jump in and plan prior to the trip but when we are there he will say "oh.....I thought we were going to Bomas.......oh, well, never mind....":headache:

Princess J – 6 year old princess. She wore a Princess Jasmine costume almost the entire trip. Gorgeous girl. Not a shy bone in her. You know how at Disney, they try to get the kids involved? She always wants to join in.:cheer2:
I want to borrow her sometime!

Great start Mary! (but then I KNEW you were a great writer cause you've won prizes for your stories!!!)
What DID you ever do with the Sprint phone?:confused:

Now who could argue with logic like that. He is a lucky man to be married to such a wise woman.
I keep telling him that, too!
Great intros! :thumbsup2
Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was too wordy.

Great family> Are you and your neice close in age?
Yes. She is 5 years younger than me. She and my younger brother are only 11 months apart. There is a 20 year span between my youngest sib and oldest sib. I don't know how my parents handled it.

Ok--I'm trying to read that with my G rated glasses on--but the PG-13 rated ones think it's funny and want to know which one is the beans and which one is the...well, never mind.......:lmao:

I did say G ish.

Great start Mary! (but then I KNEW you were a great writer cause you've won prizes for your stories!!!)
What DID you ever do with the Sprint phone?:confused:

They sent me $300 instead. It is being used to pay for a part of our trip - you'll see.

Great intros. It sounds like a great combo with your dd and your nieces dd. And yes please show no mercy when telling dh stories. I do not have on of those but I hear they can be quite funny to have around.

the title's a great hook.
I'm in!
Can't wait to read this TR! you seem like a fun bunch

While I am not OCD, I do tend to get obsessive sometimes. I decided to make Mickey Tie Dye shirts. I made everyone a tshirt and they all came out terrible, so I had to try again. I made everyone a new shirt and they came out great! I spent about 2 weeks tie dying and Mr Diz was getting aggravated about it. I did a total of 20 shirts (good thing I quit my job otherwise when would I have had the time?), 11 of them came out great! (I did go back and try to fix the ones I messed up) They were going to wear these shirts whether they liked it or not!

Here are some photos of the gifts for Mandy, Jason, and Princess J.
You’ll notice the tie dye shirts. I also got them each an Incredible shirt and tiaras! And a lanyard and pins for Princess J. Princess J also got a princess castle that came with 5 princesses that Mr Diz bought her at the Disney Store (no pic of that one).

shirts.jpg

stitch.jpg

Here are the shirts I made for my family.
tiedye.jpg

Getting there & a funny video of Mr Diz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter