A la Carte Dis Wedding

Honeybee

Earning My Ears
Hi, it's my first time on the board!! I have a question for those of you who have been/have planned a Disney wedding. I'm sure I probably already know the answer, but I have to ask anyway. My boyfriend and I would love to get married IN Disney World, but we really don't want or need the entire wedding package. All we want is a location, an officiant and some music. Does anyone know if Disney offers a small a la carte wedding or do I have to fork up the money for the package and get stuff I won't use??
I really appreciate any answers I get from you guys. Or any other advice I can get from ya!
Thanks!

You do have to go with the package and from what you are saying it sounds like you would be needing the intimate package. However, you can get the intimate package without room and tickets so it is quite a bit less. If you haven't already you might want to go to yourfairytale.com They have a lot of great advice for disney weddings.

I'm having a custom wedding and I don't have any packages. I'm getting married at the Pavilion and the organist is included (there are many other beautiful locations, too). My reception is in one of the function rooms at the Contemporary ($3000, but this is the big room with the MK view and there is a small, less expensive one....plus, my wedding is at night, so if you have it early the price goes way down). We're not having a DJ or anything like that. We did go with Disney's photo services, but you don't have to, you can get someone else. We're also using Rev. Jack Day, but, again, you can go with whoever you want.

You do have to meet their minimums....mine is $7500 for a Monday night. Big discounts on your honeymoon room, too! Again, you don't HAVE to stay there for your honeymoon, it's just a benefit. You have to meet a room night requirement with your guests. This depends on how many rooms you block off. Our minimum is 45 nights and our 17 nights are included in this.

You can e-mail me at OneL99@aol.com if you have any specific questions that I might be able to help you with. Trust me, you don't have to buy a massive package with stuff you won't use - we're having 20-25 people, it's going to be very simple and understated and is going to cost about $10,000 for the whole thing - most of this is photgraphy since I want to capture every single second! The intimate wedding is a package, but I don't know too much about that since my wedding is custom. Feel free to e-mail me if you want anymore info. :D

You certainly can go a la carte to an extent. Depending upon the number of guests you plan on having, you can get a ceremony-only deal. We were quoted $2,960 for ceremony only during late August '02 back when were started our planning. I believe this was the location, officiant and organist and you did not need to meet any minimum. We considered whether we could save money on lodging and tix by using DC discounts, an AP discount or other room-codes, but it worked out more efficient going thru Disney (that's a first).
Your best bet is to call Fairy Tale Weddings and describe *exactly* what you need making sure to mention that you are not interested in a package.
G'luck,
Andrew

Hi! Just wanted to add on here! As Andy said, we were quoted $2960 for our Premium Intimate Wedding ceremony and cake cutting, but if you would like a location other than the Wedding Pavilion, the Deluxe Intimate Wedding ceremony is $2100. It has some beautiful locations, too, like Seabreeze Pointe, Sunset Pointe, and the Yacht Club Gazebo.
The ceremony and cake-cutting only package includes things like the musician, officiant, bouquet, boutonniere, cake, champagne toast, 4 hours limo, etc.
If you don't really want all of that, other brides have rented out a suite at a WDW resort with a balcony and lovely view, and have had an officiant come to the suite to marry them on the balcony. If you went this route and the suite was large enough, you could have several friends present at the ceremony. Private Dining at the resort you're staying at can help you with a dinner reception location.
I would highly recommend joining the Disneymooners list, if you really are interested in a WDW wedding. We have gotten so many useful suggestions from other DM brides and grooms.
Cheers!
Heather P

Thank you guys sooooo much for all of your input!! I'm getting some really really great advice and learning things I never knew. I will definitely call Disney about what I want and I will continue to research my options. I also saw that the Swan and Dolphin offer weddings, as well as the Wyndham. If anyone has any input on this, I'd really appreciate that!
Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter