• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Kennedy ticket question

DVC Jen

Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks.
We are planning on doing Kennedy the day before our cruise. Are the basic tickets 2 day tickets, or one?

If they are 2 day tickets do you HAVE to use them on 2 consecutive days or can we do the day before the cruise and the day we get off the ship?

They're only one day tickets.

They offer two different admission options:

The Standard Admission ticket which provides admission to the Kennedy Space Center tour, all the Visitor Complex movies, exhibits and shows. This ticket does not included admission to the Astronaut Hall of Fame or use of its simulators.

The Maximum Admission ticket which provides admission to all the Visitor Complex movies, exhibits and shows, including as many IMAX films you can see in a day. Also included is the Kennedy Space Center tour including the Apollo/Saturn V Center, as well as admission to the Astronaut Hall of Fame. :thumbsup2

The tours are really good.

I always do the 'Up and Close tour' as it gets you into the Space Station building where they prepare the actual flight hardware for the station construction. :thumbsup2

The 'Then and now" tour is more of a historical tour that takes you to the Mercury launch pads (within sight of Port Canaveral).

When we bought our tickets in August, we were able to get them stamped to come back the next day. We never did, but you never know.

We hope to see a shuttle go up during our 7/1 cruise. Of course the shuttle is supposed to lift off at 3:56 and lifeboat drills are 4. Don't think they'll budge on that time.

If you go to KSC look at the site to see if anything is going up (shuttle, rocket, etc.) We saw a telescope rocket many years from Jetty Park. Very cool to see and I'm a woman.

Oh, you can make ressies early and have "lunch with an astronaut". It won't be John Glenn, but it's still cool.

mattmommy said:
When we bought our tickets in August, we were able to get them stamped to come back the next day. We never did, but you never know.

We hope to see a shuttle go up during our 7/1 cruise. Of course the shuttle is supposed to lift off at 3:56 and lifeboat drills are 4. Don't think they'll budge on that time.

If you go to KSC look at the site to see if anything is going up (shuttle, rocket, etc.) We saw a telescope rocket many years from Jetty Park. Very cool to see and I'm a woman.

Oh, you can make ressies early and have "lunch with an astronaut". It won't be John Glenn, but it's still cool.

I had the same question about DCL's departure if there is a shuttle launch. The offcial response I got was..."No, the launches from Kennedy Space Center do no impact our scheduled sail time from Port Canaveral."

I didn't think they'd change it, but I figure I'd ask. Maybe KSC will move it back an hour? :wave:

I guess not. Even if we were outside during the drill (once we were inside because of inclement weather) we'd be under a deck and not see anything.

Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter