• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Jolly Holiday - Highs & Lows

dhidra

DIS Veteran
Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th August
Trip Report will follow, I just need to organize all the photos!

Highs

Frozen Summer Fun
This was a big part of the reason I booked this trip, so I was really looking forward to it. It didn't disappoint. My favourite part was the Singalong. I had to go to it twice! I loved the stage, the costumes, hair styles, energy and special effects. Really enjoyable and even a bit emotional!
The Arendelle Market, Fountain show, mini parade and Dreams section were all great too. Well done DLP, it's great to see new seasons being added.

London Brunch
Inventions is my favourite restaurant and when I heard there was a Mary Poppins themed brunch, that sealed the deal for me to book the trip! The food was fabulous as always (especially the desserts!) and I got to meet Mary & Bert, two penguins plus Mickey & co. in their 'London' outfits.

Disneybounding
I tried this for the first time and I'm so glad I did! It's great fun planning your outfits and a great boost when people compliment them! I bounded as Elsa and Mary Poppins. I'm already planning bounds for my next trip.

Queues
We went on this trip with the intention of not doing rides (except Ratatouille) as we expected the parks to be busy. That changed when we were there and we ended up doing 12 rides! Didn't queue for anything for longer than 10 minutes either, which I think is fantastic for a weekend in August. We made good use of Fastpass and Single Rider queues.

Ratatouille
'nuff said. It's just brilliant. Plus it was a walk on through the single rider queue!

Extra Magic Hours
These are great! The park was so quiet and we got loads done!

Cafe Fantasia
One of my favourite spots. I had yummy cocktails (the obligatory Glowtini) and crepes. Yes it's expensive, but it's so pretty and relaxing!

Friends
I met lots of Disboarders and Disney Villagers! Rachael, Jill, Lisa, Johnny, Mark, Sarah, Katy. It was great to put faces to the names and chat to people in real life rather than virtually!

Lows

Meet & Greet Queues
I queued to meet Merida and Rafiki and Timon but had to leave both queues or I would have been late for lunch. It's not a huge low but it would have been nice to meet them, especially Merida. Next time!

Hotel Santa Fe and a very rude CM
Some of you will have read about this already. Basically we were given a room that already had people in it. Highly embarassing. When we complained, we we dealt with by an extremely rude CM, who at first tried to blame us, then continued to be unhelpful and obnoxious. She really didn't care. I did email DLP when I got home and they phoned me today and I'm happy with their apology and response.

All in all, a really fantastic trip. We didn't let the hotel thing get to us and made the most of our time in the parks. Roll on Hallowe'en!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 9
Welcome back, sounds like a fantastic trip :goodvibes apart from the incident with the room - I can't begin to imagine how embarrassing that was. :( :( However it's good to hear they've responded satisfactorily to your complaint.

Thanks for sharing, sounds like you had an amazing trip with exception to the room but glad Disney have responded promptly and dealt with it

Welcome back, sounds like a fantastic trip. You got loads done despite the high season!

Love all your highs, and yaaayy for the Ratoullie single rider line - it's a no brainer..

What exactly is Disneybounding?

Look forward to hearing more and seeing all your pics in your TR :)

Disneybounding is putting together an outfit inspired by a Disney character. Not a costume, it's more subtle than that. For Mary Poppins I wore a white skirt and top, red belt, big white hat and penguin earrings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter