A Grand Tour of The Entire Midwest, But Mostly Wisconsin (UPDATE 11/12--BONUS Texas TR NOW COMPLETE)

Chapter 19: Do You Ever Have Déjà Vu?

Or check out a full-size replica of the Wright Flyer (the real one is in the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C.).

kYlGSZR-9a_pdiyCA5dr_C1_H5H2OmHmmE6nw2RoOKtISCX2iJwwtKzoMgXftFNBvgNEdrq1787QKiVKKEYYXruXVMepXYLwf3_kJBVkEhKQFWRPYl5bBn5boIwwly96bCx1IeEfgvJzyUvOOn1QEj3wf3oxAUXdYPRtKuTzIK33GLQktndhqfNi4PR5vPnxna-TC_Fv6-S_5-x2wnwA7dZ2cRE6cbnPuR8AqozfF7zkprJKgW777m0GYASD-R8V14KH5l9Yw9dmBgmvXodi_4ajIYib-ml_vgRPE8Gmc0Y6mdFvRl6drQJxnTjNZizMLcQtYn3kHLP_15Z_dJ0ivUgcn_HDgYYItVZpo73WOY45XTkWXqIVCmpm9yzoX18eW_qFAvq2_vgYJ9-gxEm0GzCK_OSYVZylxpHEVtEPqs4VoJiPwr2B6PdDYWhrj85g5S8ICw8jKD5or08FonEUOj-ULyZBco0LDxj-z87_zZceh8YZCoNWmheuxjn-tZtH8LfaXIHAETVgZOGiCKuU8Dc6M_Pb0LSu1TLNMggtxiNeRntcuKaj37YBmYsEC5L_ThGEREG-errOGIDnK2QJrMB3cyTKprq_GHKgbAnARAmM7cDiRr1Y=w1225-h817-no

Not only that, but also a full-size replica of Orville Wright! (Or is that Wilbur?)

And you’d be absolutely right. As long as your science museum also has a genuine World War II German U-boat in the basement.

No room for it, 'cause it's got the Red October in the basement. Of course we can't show you that.

Fine. I know, based on Andy's numerous farming posts, that there's much more to it than that. And yes, I'm jealous that he gets to ride in a tractor.

And his also has a sign that reads, "turn key to begin simulation".

Wow, Mark! 42 states? You guys are SO CLOSE! Very exciting to follow this in "real time" - I've found a couple blogs detailing trips to all 50 states but they are all families who have completed the mission.

What?? That's not possible! There couldn't possibly be anyone who thought of this idea before us.

Looks like an awesome repeat visit to the Museum of Science & Industry for your family. :thumbsup2

That is such a cool museum. Didn't take much to convince everyone to stop there again.

Whenever I see the sign for Wisconsin, I think of the introduction to That '70's Show ... Hello, Wisconsin! (And cheese, of course ...)

And beer. Yeah, it's a stereotype, but it's there for a reason.

I'm cracking up over poor Sarah clinging to the edge of the bed ... Drew sure takes up a lot of space for such a little guy!

He's not great at the whole "sharing" thing yet.

I'm gonna try it out tomorrow!
Just gotta get access to a tall building's roof.

Hmm...haven't heard from you since you wrote that.

pfft.... sink or swim. Spend the money on more Disney trips for you and Julie.

I like this plan much better!

Or a train.
I want to do that too.

And I'm not going to go into things that aren't land based. (like submarines or jumbo jets)

Oh, man. Forget I even brought up the tractor thing.

End of June. Somewhere between Winnipeg and.... Indianapolis? Maybe farther afield? Cincinnati?

Hmm...Could be tricky. Just like Liesa's Kentucky get-together, the Midwest is outside the "day trip" range and more into the "long weekend" category for me. I'm already supposed to take off 2 weeks in August for our next road trip, so making a long weekend in June work would be tough. I'm sorry.

That's why I run a contest. It only costs me about $100 (factoring in shipping)

So, $5.99 American?

That museum in Chicago looks so cool! All the interactive stuff looks like a lot of fun. Looking forward to hearing more about Wisconsin!

It's a great museum! One of the best in the country.

So... I actually read your update on Thursday during my break at work, but couldn't comment from a phone, so am ̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ waiting to comment until tomorrow after my birthday party tonight. Gots me some neighbors comin' for a right fine chili feed. Strawberry rhubarb crisp ala mode is a legit birthday dessert, no?

Sounds tasty. Maybe not up there with apple or peach crisp, but tasty nonetheless. Oh, and happy birthday!

Comments after church tomorrow; yours is next on the list. :)

Is this a hit list or something that rhymes with that?

::yes:: Send some up here!

Oh, like there's any left for the rest of us.

@Captain_Oblivious .... dude... you are soooo in trouble. She goes to church and she has you on her list.
I would not want to be in your shoes.

140208_2723454_Church_Chat.jpg

I would say so!

Seems like unanimous approval for Liesa's dessert.

And they glow in the dark.
Win, win!

Mmm...glowing donuts..

Oh I will be…
But all oversized mechanical devices designed to move people and cargo rapidly (and/or dangerously) are an indisputable must see.

Man Law!

True. Having been wrecked several times and improperly stored for so many decades, that’s not surprising. But that one is also within one of the most awesome of all the awesome venues around.

Agreed. Every time we take a day trip to DC, that's David's pick for a visit.

Everything is more interesting when operating a storm speeds.
But I take your point.

And pyrotechnics.

Not much at all.
But I do like pointless roadside detractions.

Well then, step right up!

Even when they’re not hanging around they’re still surprisingly expensive and maintenance intensive.

I really didn't need to hear that.

Make sure to note the direct access it has to the Florida Glaciers.

Oh man, it's like right next door!

Hey Mark! :wave:

I have been reading along but a slacker about chiming in and commenting (for some reason, I have felt buried in busyness with the kids' school, etc. this year). Anyway, I wanted to say that I've been enjoying your report, as usual! And as usual you always give me lots of ideas about places our family should go and fun restaurants to try. The arch looked so exciting to visit and we never have, although a couple members of my family are a "NOPE!" on the idea of riding inside of it. We definitely have to see that U-boat in Chicago, too. I remember you telling of it in an earlier report. We tried to see the Tesla coil at Griffith Observatory when we took our California trip last year, but we could not find a parking space, even though we tried for what felt like ages. :sad2:
Oh, and super-fun surprise TR on Hilton Head! :beach: That is very much on our bucket list. It's nice that they have such roomy accommodations for families that in the off-season look fairly affordable. Our son Benji would definitely enjoy the Shadow meet-n-greet & musical accompaniment (he's taking guitar).

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to write and entertain us. It really was a treat for us to meet your family during your trip! It was funny today, by the way, that after catching up on the last couple of posts of your report this morning at the gym, we opened up our Civics textbook to the chapter about America's state parks to find that they used Delaware's state parks as their focus, so we learned all about the wonders of Oblivious family's home state. They made it look pretty good, perhaps not as exciting as Minnesota, but surely better than Wisconsin.

Yup... got behind again... :rolleyes1

We had visited Chicago last during our Rust Belt Road Trip of 2011, back when Sarah was 9, David was 7, Scott was 5, and Drew was impossible
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Here’s a photo of the building from 2011, since we were too lazy to take another one on this past trip.
Well, I mean you've seen it before and have a picture, so what's the point of taking another? It isn't like it is Cinderella castle and you have to take approximately 5,349 pictures from 24 different angles every time you visit.

On the downside, several of these more unique exhibits are an up-charge, requiring a separate ticket beyond the general admission. I think they’re worth seeing once. But then again, I’m a nerd.
I agree. That you're a nerd and that they're probably worth seeing.

Here, you can see what it was like traveling on airliners of the past as they crammed you into a cattle car with no legroom whatsoever. So glad we’re beyond such primitive treatment.
So what did you do on your vacation?

Well, we dealt with some flight cancellation issues then we went to Chicago and sat in a fake plane.

You can also inspect the jet engine up close.
It isn't a head in a cannon, but it's the next best thing.

So apparently he's seen Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation?

I’m telling you, there’s something about boys and trains.
::yes::

I feel safe in saying this would probably teach you everything you would ever need to know about @afwdwfan ’s job. I mean, how hard could farming possibly be?
Well, let's be real. If you spend the money for the newest and greatest autosteer technology you can teach anyone to do it.

It's just an excuse to ride around in a tractor all day.
And????

If only there was more of that time and less of the other crap...

Ok, that combine simulator looks awesome. They did a good job with it. Only problem is that the key is on the wrong side of the steering column. That's where the blinker goes!

It’s pretty neat, and almost Disney-esque in the level of detail devoted to making you feel like you’re in a real coal mine. Unfortunately, there’s no photography allowed, so I can’t show you what it really looks like
What? Can't take pictures in a fake coal mine?

I feel like Andy is going to go for a revenge joke here about highway engineers, so I’ll just say that understanding the nuances of this job takes years, much more than could be explained in a simple paragraph or science museum exhibit.
Who even needs a paragraph? Figure out the best way to screw up traffic and start putting up orange barrels.

We ended up grabbing dinner at the Oasis, a rest area perched right over the highway, where you can have a crappy Burger King meal while watching cars zoom underneath you. Which is what we did.
Ah yes, the Oasis. Save yourself from paying an extra toll by stopping here for an overpriced Whopper.

And you can’t go anywhere without finding the Cheese Head apparel.
Did you go home with any?

Suckers! Meanwhile, we headed back to the hotel where Sarah was relieved to finally not have to sleep on the floor.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: The joys of sharing a bed with a toddler. That floor was probably looking pretty good by morning.

Me too. Well... Front end loader is first. And crane. Crane is up there. But then tractor.
Well, come on... Cranes are cool but you don't really drive them. I mean you do drive them, but they're meant to be driven just to be set into place to put the boom up. Once that's done you're really just sitting there in one place making things go up and down.

What about a tractor with a front end loader?

20150728_200149_1.jpg

Bulldozers would be cool. And a tank.
Well, this is a google picture. I don't have a picture of it, but we used to have a tractor just like this one. When it snowed, we could clear a county road in one pass.

36530409.jpg

I've got nothing to compete with a tank though. I mean I could mount a rifle to the hood, but that's the best I could come up with.

Yes! And a fire truck.
Um... yeah lights and sirens are cool. We do have a water trailer we pull behind the semi when we spray though. It holds about 6000 gallons and it fills the sprayer with water being pumped through a 3" hose.

I once won a water fight with it when I was in high school... my sisters had a friend over and they were having a water fight. I was out working in the barnlot. They came and tried to shoot me with water guns. I ran behind the semi trailer for "cover" but I made sure to jump in behind the pump motor and the hose. Fired it up and ended that water fight. :rotfl2:

Andy's moving down the list.
Yeah... I just have nothing to compete with a tank.

Yep. Sorry, @afwdwfan . You lose out to a tank.
Rightfully so.

Okay... that's pretty cool.... moving up...

Once that's done you're really just sitting there in one place making things go up and down.

Some of my favourite things involve moving up and down.

I could mount a rifle to the hood, but that's the best I could come up with.

Hmmm.... considering it.... dunno....

Um... yeah lights and sirens are cool. We do have a water trailer we pull behind the semi when we spray though.

Nah. Needs flashing lights and sirens.

I once won a water fight with it when I was in high school... my sisters had a friend over and they were having a water fight. I was out working in the barnlot. They came and tried to shoot me with water guns. I ran behind the semi trailer for "cover" but I made sure to jump in behind the pump motor and the hose. Fired it up and ended that water fight. :rotfl2:

:lmao:

We started keeping track of the states we’ve visited as a family somewhere around 2010. In that time, through all of our travels, the only major destination/tourist attraction we’ve visited more than once is Disney World. Other than that, it’s been about trying to see as many different places as we can on the way to setting foot in each and every state.

This (once again) is the coolest quest ever! Parenting win!

spent the rest of the afternoon in the museum.

I fear that is not going to be long enough.

In our opinion, the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry is the best science museum we’ve ever seen. For one thing, it’s massive, and it wouldn’t be hard to spend an entire day visiting all of the exhibits. Not only that, but the museum has several unique exhibits that go above and beyond the standard items you see at other similar museums. On the downside, several of these more unique exhibits are an up-charge, requiring a separate ticket beyond the general admission. I think they’re worth seeing once. But then again, I’m a nerd.

Some look fabulous, others repeated, like you say. I'd definitely say the ones that upcharge were worth it as I looked ahead.

Teslas NEVER get old. Ever.

Nor do Bernoulli's.

He's such a riot!

Nearby was what turned out to be Drew’s favorite exhibit by far.

I'm not entirely convinced it wouldn't be mine either.

:scared1::scared1: That is so cool! I need to go there.

“Pretty Pictures Made Specifically To Ruin The Oblivious Family Budget.”

How apropos.

Those always taste better the first time down.

Creamy or chunky?

An exhibit on farming allowed Drew the chance to pretend to drive farm tractors and combines. I feel safe in saying this would probably teach you everything you would ever need to know about @afwdwfan ’s job. I mean, how hard could farming possibly be? It's just an excuse to ride around in a tractor all day.

I have a friend who's a local farmer who actually programs his combines and planters GPSs to precisely detect the KIND AND amount AND depth of seed to plant. The technology he was describing to us was astounding. He's also a flight instructor, so I guess he is techno inclined, but I was still formed quite a respect for that profession when I learned the knowledge and expertise needed to be successful. Especially if one is competing against the big conglomerates.

This exhibit has been a central part of the museum since it first opened in 1933, and it’s very elaborate. To enter, guests must climb stairs through scaffolding, meet their tour guide, and then descend in a “mine shaft” to the exhibit below.

This I think might have been my favorite- even more than the trains.

Nope. Not sure I could do this one. I think it'd freak me out.
I feel like Andy is going to go for a revenge joke here about highway engineers, so I’ll just say that understanding the nuances of this job takes years, much more than could be explained in a simple paragraph or science museum exhibit.

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

We ended up grabbing dinner at the Oasis, a rest area perched right over the highway, where you can have a crappy Burger King meal while watching cars zoom underneath you. Which is what we did.

I don't care HOW bad the burger is. If you're watching cars go underneath you it's a pretty awesome dinner.

This reminds me of the Canadian soap display at EPCOT.

But, he DID save lots of room for his bunny. What's the problem? :confused3

@Captain_Oblivious .... dude... you are soooo in trouble. She goes to church and she has you on her list.
I would not want to be in your shoes.

I can tell he's scared to death.

Hmm...Could be tricky. Just like Liesa's Kentucky get-together, the Midwest is outside the "day trip" range and more into the "long weekend" category for me. I'm already supposed to take off 2 weeks in August for our next road trip, so making a long weekend in June work would be tough. I'm sorry.

Too bad it's so hard for the lot of us to get together!

Sounds tasty. Maybe not up there with apple or peach crisp, but tasty nonetheless. Oh, and happy birthday!

Agreed! Peach wins.

And thank you. :) 50 ain't really so bad.

Is this a hit list or something that rhymes with that?

I'm afraid I might be on yours as it's taken so long to finally comment. But at least it's from my new computer.

Oh, like there's any left for the rest of us.

So funny!

Um... yeah lights and sirens are cool. We do have a water trailer we pull behind the semi when we spray though. It holds about 6000 gallons and it fills the sprayer with water being pumped through a 3" hose.

Fire truck is my DREAM CAR!!! No, like for reals. I've wanted one for decades. I need to find someone to go on a ride-along with.

Not only that, but also a full-size replica of Orville Wright! (Or is that Wilbur?)

For some reason, I couldn't quote the Monty Python Deja Vu skit. But I love that one.

I think that was Wilbur shown there. I think.

No room for it, 'cause it's got the Red October in the basement. Of course we can't show you that.

I guess the caterpillar drive isn't de-classified yet. Me, I just want to learn how to do a Crazy Ivan.

And his also has a sign that reads, "turn key to begin simulation".

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hey Mark! :wave:

Hi Karin!:wave2:

I have been reading along but a slacker about chiming in and commenting (for some reason, I have felt buried in busyness with the kids' school, etc. this year). Anyway, I wanted to say that I've been enjoying your report, as usual! And as usual you always give me lots of ideas about places our family should go and fun restaurants to try. The arch looked so exciting to visit and we never have, although a couple members of my family are a "NOPE!" on the idea of riding inside of it. We definitely have to see that U-boat in Chicago, too. I remember you telling of it in an earlier report. We tried to see the Tesla coil at Griffith Observatory when we took our California trip last year, but we could not find a parking space, even though we tried for what felt like ages. :sad2:

Thanks for reading along and sticking with me! Hope you guys get to see some of these places.

Oh, and super-fun surprise TR on Hilton Head! :beach: That is very much on our bucket list. It's nice that they have such roomy accommodations for families that in the off-season look fairly affordable. Our son Benji would definitely enjoy the Shadow meet-n-greet & musical accompaniment (he's taking guitar).

I'm sure you would love it! It was really a great place in November--better rates and still really nice weather.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to write and entertain us. It really was a treat for us to meet your family during your trip! It was funny today, by the way, that after catching up on the last couple of posts of your report this morning at the gym, we opened up our Civics textbook to the chapter about America's state parks to find that they used Delaware's state parks as their focus, so we learned all about the wonders of Oblivious family's home state. They made it look pretty good, perhaps not as exciting as Minnesota, but surely better than Wisconsin.

We really enjoyed meeting you and your family, too! Thanks for spending the time with us.

That may be the first time I've heard "wonders" and "Delaware" in the same sentence. But you're right, it's probably better than Wisconsin. :rolleyes1

Yup... got behind again... :rolleyes1

It happens. I know the feeling.

Well, I mean you've seen it before and have a picture, so what's the point of taking another? It isn't like it is Cinderella castle and you have to take approximately 5,349 pictures from 24 different angles every time you visit.

Exactly. You don't have to worry about a dumb crane in the photo for half the year in Chicago.

I agree. That you're a nerd and that they're probably worth seeing.

I can't argue with either one.

So what did you do on your vacation?

Well, we dealt with some flight cancellation issues then we went to Chicago and sat in a fake plane.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

It isn't a head in a cannon, but it's the next best thing.

We do our best to entertain.

So apparently he's seen Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation?

::yes::

That was a really fun movie.

Well, let's be real. If you spend the money for the newest and greatest autosteer technology you can teach anyone to do it.

"Anyone can do it". That's my takeaway here.:rolleyes1

We have the same type of technology for construction equipment. You can download a 3D model of all the planned earthwork and the machine will automatically do the grading to the proper elevations.

And????

If only there was more of that time and less of the other crap...

I hear ya. I do about 5% engineering now, and 95% budget/personnel stuff. :crazy2:

Ok, that combine simulator looks awesome. They did a good job with it. Only problem is that the key is on the wrong side of the steering column. That's where the blinker goes!

Sounds like they need to tear it out and start over!

What? Can't take pictures in a fake coal mine?

:confused3 I dunno. I'm just a visitor.

Who even needs a paragraph? Figure out the best way to screw up traffic and start putting up orange barrels.

cb0a5fea8f1bc41b7d445be44c1a0ae2_any-road-tripor-big-city-imgur-road-construction-meme_506-336.jpeg

Ah yes, the Oasis. Save yourself from paying an extra toll by stopping here for an overpriced Whopper.

Pretty much. It was a convenient stop. That's about it.

Did you go home with any?

Nah. They're like the dumb hats in Disney. Take your photo and move on.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: The joys of sharing a bed with a toddler. That floor was probably looking pretty good by morning.

In Texas, she was volunteering to sleep on the floor!

Well, come on... Cranes are cool but you don't really drive them. I mean you do drive them, but they're meant to be driven just to be set into place to put the boom up. Once that's done you're really just sitting there in one place making things go up and down.

20150728_200149_1.jpg

Moving up the list...

Well, this is a google picture. I don't have a picture of it, but we used to have a tractor just like this one. When it snowed, we could clear a county road in one pass.

36530409.jpg

I've got nothing to compete with a tank though. I mean I could mount a rifle to the hood, but that's the best I could come up with.

That's cool. I'd put that one on par with a bulldozer.

:rotfl::rotfl2:

My brother and I did something similar, although not quite as powerful. We were having a water gun fight with neighborhood kids. He climbed out the bathroom window onto the roof of our garage and I fed the garden hose up to him. No, my parents didn't know about this.:thumbsup2

Yeah... I just have nothing to compete with a tank.

To be fair...who does?

Okay... that's pretty cool.... moving up...

That was my assessment as well.

Some of my favourite things involve moving up and down.

:scratchin :rolleyes1

Hmmm.... considering it.... dunno....

I think the addition of a rifle is a clear improvement.

Nah. Needs flashing lights and sirens.

Agreed, 100%.

This (once again) is the coolest quest ever! Parenting win!

:woohoo: I'm gonna take this a as a sign that I can take the rest of the decade off from parenting responsibilities!

I fear that is not going to be long enough.

Not really. No.

Some look fabulous, others repeated, like you say. I'd definitely say the ones that upcharge were worth it as I looked ahead.

I'd say so. Definitely helps if you can visit more than once. Also, they do reciprocity with science museums across the country, so if you're a member of your local museum, you can show your card and save the regular admission fees.

Teslas NEVER get old. Ever.

Nor do Bernoulli's.

Standard stuff for science museums, but it's there for a reason.

He's such a riot!

This kid.

I'm not entirely convinced it wouldn't be mine either.

Who doesn't love model trains?

:scared1::scared1: That is so cool! I need to go there.

Definitely a unique exhibit! I love that one.

How apropos.

These guys are good at taking our money.

Creamy or chunky?

Yes. 1st time/2nd time.

I have a friend who's a local farmer who actually programs his combines and planters GPSs to precisely detect the KIND AND amount AND depth of seed to plant. The technology he was describing to us was astounding. He's also a flight instructor, so I guess he is techno inclined, but I was still formed quite a respect for that profession when I learned the knowledge and expertise needed to be successful. Especially if one is competing against the big conglomerates.

Yeah, like I was telling Andy, we have similar techonology that uses 3D modeling and GPS to run construction equipment for earthwork. It's really neat stuff.

This I think might have been my favorite- even more than the trains.

The coal mine was neat. I was surprised at how elaborate it was.

Nope. Not sure I could do this one. I think it'd freak me out.

It wasn't too bad. Fairly short.

I don't care HOW bad the burger is. If you're watching cars go underneath you it's a pretty awesome dinner.

I should probably clarify--it wasn't like it had a glass bottom or anything. Just basically a bridge over the road with a rest area inside.

This reminds me of the Canadian soap display at EPCOT.

Yeah, I can see that!

But, he DID save lots of room for his bunny. What's the problem? :confused3

That's actually Sarah's bunny. Not sure if he stole it. Don't tell Sarah I let out her secret.

I can tell he's scared to death.

Quaking in my boots!

Too bad it's so hard for the lot of us to get together!

I feel really bad every time I say no. I feel like living on the East Coast hurts me in terms of travel times, with the exception of the major cities on the mid-Atlantic coast. But I still feel like I'm letting you and @pkondz down.

Right now, it's looking like we hit the Pacific Northwest in summer 2019. Can I make a reservation now?

Agreed! Peach wins.

And thank you. :) 50 ain't really so bad.

I hope not, I'll be there in a little while!

I'm afraid I might be on yours as it's taken so long to finally comment. But at least it's from my new computer.

Hooray for a new working computer!

Fire truck is my DREAM CAR!!! No, like for reals. I've wanted one for decades. I need to find someone to go on a ride-along with.

That would be so cool! I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Huh....readers are getting paid? reminds me of a line in a movie.

Didn't you get your check yet? Well, keep looking for it, I'm sure it will get there soon.

Chapter 20: I’m Not Going Home. I’m Going To Wisconsin.

A few years ago, fellow DIS Dad Barry (@FreezinRafiki ), his wife Bambi and family were planning an East Coast vacation. Since they are on the same 50-state quest we are, they wanted to cross Delaware off their list, and had come to the (erroneous) conclusion that visiting us was the most interesting thing they could do in Delaware. Personally, I think we pale in comparison to Punkin Chunkin, but whatever.

Anyway, they were giving this trip to their kids as a Christmas present (in what world is a trip to Delaware a Christmas present? Their kids must have had a bad year) and they thought it would be cute for us to record a video announcing their itinerary. So, I had our kids record a video in which they told Barry and Bambi’s kids that they would be visiting “DELAWARE!!!! (and Philadelphia, and Baltimore, and Washington D.C.)…but MOSTLY DELAWARE!!!!”

Apparently, this was a hit in their house, and Mostly Delaware!!!! became a new catchphrase for their kids. So, when they arrived on their visit, we provided them t-shirts welcoming them to (Mostly) Delaware. I assume these promptly made their way to the pile of car wash rags when they got home.

So, when it came time for us to visit Wisconsin, our Midwest road trip naturally became the “Mostly Wisconsin” trip. And yes, t-shirts were provided.

We met up with Barry and Bambi at the hotel, where they eagerly returned Scotty and Dave to us. Then we rode in a 2-vehicle caravan north and west, just past the city of Milwaukee. Our first stop was a restaurant called The Machine Shed.

pRy5y-quhEXPg9EVk6zo67a7lJpO0-Fg2dL84CAxiwRkO9dCJ09pS9KHiKOKMoSd2w0Y-g0NrZT_MIUFdj2KkF5WMaPgEp6iO9PCJoqsvXMbRp4h-1i2WVDpcP5AvgSF8csVsTle94dDbGMNsdK9vJ_pTYKDfbf393qEaftWkxN_6diZuEkXxrhCkwsj69t0MVxEyVdEfeTOY-FW6EUG1K_mSNptV4rP_KW5G9UI6I42QyuTgAPmFLHYI8AqK75ssNbeCjU0lG1jnusHEeEoDsQQ1S7GyGuTafhRqAfV_GqthQDXujx9Vdb1VK0xhqzKunRQseJhps8rroB-_5FIZWQvBqBI8C2L-W2jFVXy2QjzxLNJcLP0dzVAC571Q6Lo0u6tMrieRlFPL3moUw7KLFu0E7fzUtIqeooL2E_hJweg495isjqby6NNj-EaOd2EjoaI-offGXUJCQdcl7VyYEiXAmGAl8e8yNmqrA3u3Y7WRoI5Z7AS8Or6Ho4NBbUmAT5MzdKaLKTk3mhh1Tgsg0R3-rq2eRV4ByRjTN17Djyvr_kzWQ2jcDVYne_XcqL2s_A0dSx-Y6jpEyUc35rLR5KI8Uu0hGmDh4zj_2J_awZqJlIZZtOS=w1224-h816-no

6JBYCbYF2ibM84uzAqzLhgZDj34IgGGSu4QKHc1e3jRNqkPKXy5qrGkpA1q3zLVDcOvCoGXbimZu-7iibDGSPzM3zf5-XTw6wW64lXZpBWgwZJ2w5Ldx82fXeHc3eece6T7ANsIcZNBYjcmBbMmkRIDQw0p3tjbVFHTQEBsj9_WVXLOQEeSXl6xJqje2xkAatIpiOPbmq9c24eTNcu2NH9H-SylIE_cZRmvPAHsV-qzUcGCWoLpzboWldjVGQLIEh0ITrktFPHtl_j-S3dgG92X0sTCU8qhseYI-MoHRRUaD2YHitJwN1LLcr-MRvKeVDpJWw8bm_3c32iOp0pS6azF7LUWh8Y7E3CR09Dn56ln2A83EyWxjykpnbH5FOiu0fsigPNarpuZ8SvWL3et4AlJfsORtw3KyeRODS-eDsXFAW2CWITxG-wwpRqkK68c043lJB3lRkXUD7ERSGYRj9NQpvpsDz9Y6KK2weMuM49Y1LEFdyXG93_pl1schZEaSjgGb5hFXfd_QSd1P89P_Iuqc60oGXDIG55UlEg9w-UUir3CcyGFaj8eFH3HVj5Yzm4wiM6LZNwYHMc2Gl-eTG0J9hT1yzyrXeAV3cO0THq-YJoctb2UN=w1224-h816-no

wJ5EdehEZft3CWoK4uiCu4PwEM2e0gZUcOJDMEwV6psGrG5icN1CEXhYnP78LQj-8RAA2i_KqQ1TuKNjBYSePwldNfntDFpZ-pjjCVoqphhv4_SC0nrXdLgx9_o5qd9FNmvTEJrFQEgLFTiq-KN0B86vgpircSA6MZI-PNrd69dPIkTvkHz2vkSyt5jmgtCwu55A_7LoVNKkirfCxfrY_WemyLdZj1j93co9hxGgkaUYXwsDBtgiNeTIBELrJWWw_DN7CtvMrrBZLJVlN2za7AckfhqUizrgKzh12kAhEcxHgF2CA0u_XPKASIDL9X21BxfLzcEEuHP1yewmszz70PtV2IvmJu42kJrCuisWWfeq6msEBABg9aMNw3GgdmCWLphxGxASFv8FXdAnrsIdAO1uSdfvFSAmnW0QOIG_WUVo9QlxmKN47KmPO8ROOwToKhfP-FQaLWAlv-ROaBIYTxfvGpfUN-_zC3IGsWKHBAjLVQO9wQO2kFyG3Hxh1gsRX6zNlpw0eHiQN77Fh2h9Pwf9Vri2ArRxvY0hUSqAKhgyDkRE42Vm9qnOsrom7ZYmhlqEzmRweAzzdyvh-7xJIr1KW2zUGtK0wExIGQd4hjLwN32PZUzo=w1224-h816-no

This place was on our must-do list for Wisconsin for several years, ever since we’d watched a show on the Travel Channel called “Breakfast Paradise”. The Machine Shed is a small Midwest chain restaurant with a farming theme, featuring home-cooked meals and especially hearty breakfasts. If you tell your server “I love eggs”, they’ll automatically add an extra egg to your dish, free of charge. But the main purpose of our visit was to try out their cinnamon rolls. Normally, if someone offers me a cinnamon roll, I will always say yes. I mean, duh. But at the same time, I will not drive an hour out of my way just to eat a cinnamon roll.

However, if you tell me it’s a cinnamon roll the size of a satellite dish? I’m jumping in the car.

RsvpaVszDtGuH9i3v_VAIWVoerE30Pli6UUveV-V0wtlGblp7Kd2NWgisH0AEp1eU8_fWP6IeEoQ3PMeZo1KrNHX6vE7kYXo4occPTwa40Tqo9wyNW_4vVAEioOusHnJ3QzxXkl22Tn7q7oebEt-OEkX2I-mNiUBOEHlkrCXCwySPOPqWJm2FWOhjpK0OryOdOMVYqLNOOb9D-Qulg6ykJVbL7Kni8I4Y9eYWYi3H8_W0s5vHDFzwfOvUXadrKUPb6MuwqHN4Vn6YJtmIZlxEOszp0WH3IYi3r1hRD09e-B9Z28Ho5YRegTTZ5zS1ynK2ahuUVItrnIVudaXMBSf9LwHHVGK6sXnGO3m-swzu6oQZYQLWXtp1VPk_wmxmuci0pJM-zm4BJdgWpfoBsYw2YbjaUhL0YqqKemtxG5nz5aLruZEDNQLHQuzLm5rVp4-5FMGaRFesKfVGjENUgFo8sfnutrq3IcZSo3XbEw_SRL5RjAVLAOFbD1_UMqzxbt53RLLo9f-zk1M0M6RdvPuATkBjqTtZzcitXGWLcBsu-LCQdmYEhcBybSxzcd2m_XPcN7GtME7E-Wy6AbG3p8xhuZ86cXrg276CudwGlHAvfuY6bcBpx5m=w1115-h836-no

Yep. It was glorious. The rest of the food was really good, too. It didn’t hurt that they had Hidden Mickey pancakes.

6vzt9YBN_TpABezOtP1XK90fQHXNRJoe1RSaZJ7FF7JbagrTf9lXHdoLLdLokbEXl22badIKbvMrWZ4BZcrb-Ax1gGyvYkw28FpPd_XfENEXNG8-2I9KoK_s_nhvZtIAWiHEV8F0k1INML2mdyA1F3MAMImFi1RoRn1f47IS102oFE8vXPmLIoxXvyrTnjCuN8T-BVLsfCz9qPlQKUbKbro_DMYq8nU2_d3nUEN1l3XPc64SOVptMHPCQmtVXtEw-WmUeMuZgLtXmk7Oop-TeQ-z_6wSSzgoXys8BNSGeJHuN0ofdZ5wCYZEj4PQXpGFQbxm13P6lSaGQnsR3CA05iI4fB0FeoJccOwCeaZNZNgiHI_3jZGA7VlHiJxq9AbNbdKiopEQBenzFUIT_jZWRSxYw2UjlOnBMNgMG6_EDqCLTQhnbRJjt5R_aZXO6sF8ne5tiYa1gUitVVGuyrJYsOnxYZK_ZT0AGLo3597z1lFC55Y5_MOof2mfy0L8PPacJSP1tGx5dvNB5tfi0P0VWLP2pVMTNA30nLrwRW3NDPHdhJ1tvvMthnaJB7DJ8rwrbW6nkFhCwB6PsalJPaXaM1hSNGH3aTPXnjeYelKECiendZ01xwrJ=w1224-h816-no

Bring your appetite here. You won’t be leaving hungry, that’s for sure. In fact, just for those cinnamon rolls, I’m awarding the Machine Shed a Drooling Homer Award for Excellence in Unpretentious Dining.

hWpjpsHKNNkpXR9v9q6vsi6sc8Hlj7A8QrH45Y569129cqYlqaVMkuuZZUO3jyx5tdJZBWNSocxVxyD3jj3F5CRZXsNuRNgSzZhfGTPdPiBnCNWnzDoo5AubbjGYaWOtkdmt72E29bnc43Nk4QpKN58zJ-mHaszr4DCRFvGcQao4fiAB2HwTzK8s0PUrF6XRxxvTRfJ9IBP154-KnAoAjZpKIO29Adcoz9SOHjHbgAHDyhNMAW-N4VM7xD4j0OfUbRBmHqyH1hRvfAlmCIrm7UpH6lOhq4_Zmkdz1zMxt9Yx9epf490V8fjOJWEdWut-rKXm4RmfMxBaRKWvLOq6JJ7Qm4vOtX1Ei_c65kqfRS8kj9m1rnhmejREZi4IEBeRZvyqh5nfX0yqJ_Q2MwnwNg_NSUraIgBfDyMujxzcIXpN-WiKhyuvBPCOsfzoCagXi1fkXKF_EdVQPl1Vj7alxCYfN-yf5KbnAW-yxS9LL6hlEemgHOXo4z76quzBhdSQdp6DtUaG9tW1b11F-k89DRczk677l2zG2BgSYSqc2UQffpoKk1SWTbUISWTLCMhcUFmYbSbkmK5hSkrt_wOhRumXzUaAZ6mvEPzGS0XyY4EHaM6wJhZA=w279-h320-no

From there, we drove a ways north to what very well may be the best, most fun tourist attraction in all of Wisconsin. Barry led us to his family’s farm somewhere near the city of Appleton.

This turned into a mid-day extravaganza of tractor-riding and 4-wheeling adventures. It was a good thing Drew had put in so much time on the simulator the day before.

nFD--YQR58Av7-EXGhr-BePwQeXqv4k4tjMGY-b2Cx3TmZfWzZdL4btUgrYaO9KX96yTflI8eAJPCr0Irj_khj4col5pc00geQITpdciqimoO92YiQb5zLptBdUDdOr1zsW0OV67toG0ZQcxbsWR98OMaJAz0nvLy7F2pW8HHOOfDVVTHnIM-DgqhR_SCm4oksaC9gDa5QYSr-H6cwD9FQLvvhOKZ3YIag1WVNHiErWfBbya74Ok5de2pN2loQW5wK0hyk3l476QdX3XuaKov1jxO3a2yV7IXGSwYj5FE2CnBpgC9NRQNRv4wvd144wbcu_LIVaNXRNsyN_fzZEXsIiUCjTpbR95y-v_MrUL0RfB4or9ZTXvPpEOFabVhrQ_GpvnQIKcDeODGKMaZgH7iPxDQTJ-nUgE03s0TwRkfPClYCLugLXPSJmqoWIsJyIWmdiSdA2BTqiTtB0HWpisiDTiejQvZxPlH1FeqvQfzdP7uryPH7JsB8CeQshCecNra8C5PEyI_uHmnB4kPfo2KhWKm93VQBXJLDy_O20joJn1TMMTFGTFOnOQxLYI3EaR_kFzygMt561G1v0kczaSqNjitxgcuoCjJDCroXpyq4ppfhE5_5I7=w1115-h836-no

Here’s a good view of the kids’ brand new t-shirts. I must grudgingly admit that these were cooler than the ones we provided for Barry’s kids.

7pOpxD1ZkkgkHsc4eyoThQN7TtBvnwwfB_DG6MphAsPKbw4eL9c8rA2jj8jHxhwI2sA9EdH6DWMnqvA-yPy5alLBRSh3_mg4d9fuIXnwyDKXjWAM7auI0xX1pxOIQBh7M3t0MEVKUHhH1gKCOqI2U32IYIeblj3y0_5ksQdQQLO2VehKIwm8Aob6jKKpda7cbIHIVP466xaJt5M8356l_TUPfTP-24-zM-doYf4WMk0I_osun9YITjbLzugKSbfJXcWtecC5qBibQchP0UhjYPKKY_JYEHKlQGB-_4xSUi-ND2v92ZF_xb1qJxNg6WGhOGeXgrkUqaAirRJkkK0l6-Fi2btseHAX6Tam0EOrZ8Lrq6W0a53S7bgyH9thXaQho7Wk2_8Icb9K6j-8oopmIgLYSNc8NZb1QvICCxyeMZlIC4IfhTdfCT8S0obt1u1Nt0B6Xgd8i1JXmQ7pkbCMDl8rwQc4ohHMGDliHlhEcyow-IEkCi0DQRuLWZBHjmFDl95o5iOMxsTlBb2veTC74dqoPRQq2AE_8F362fZGGmohdIMZSggA6wBiRXQVO-C3SdbLVQNeyY1Et4Iy1zSmTQvabG7G-vWfCIGhA1KPhhfqJ-omM-Od=w1224-h816-no

I think this was the prize tractor, because Barry wouldn’t let Drew drive this one. The kids did like the rides, though.

rti92UU636K8jOqn0k8E_7eytcaPWJth2rs6ye1Jt6i7bI6rUFkLWk7ZioIGIsPv3UNHk08KXiep9AHp5X7jbbHiNWEeMD9E2ZEhYZwsA7MlbQNUDDG7fq58mh6Gs2BOc1QDt7UYpOlZQiWcT2N2vkqBwgeh41hguIkvEr_cthBuAsy8BKm2zp_j8XAarpvw9Tu9aFMXdlw3eLJmlWsPd3pf9N_W7jjbE6iHd6CGyICt2GMH58_OhaR3YUfPrAb43fQ4N1OMgt_CmMzqzzMOVd_K-_eGJuzKD4oRT6osIV6f4xVDkbh1UPAelZKmCBSluOxMwlTHoeYO4KSK9M7137WDyFGlM1-1uq9Fa-hvulhEGrlCLhWyfNz6j7fJ9rqwZ5rqis6BoLcPA4mAlFQ0V8la393Ho1yKJ8NMJ-bKWrnx0p6YMEUxgTC4BowziVwnjzqyFWb7sSyD_50wQdTroEe2jKXOvfFJiuuOlt6UrpXBgZJo4fpOoZ1Ze0kK1CzXvJf1wnwO312unQ1h77B6kk29wWb4oLrdermd99UoGa8O5B-u1UKk53I8ritficHqCwIYs9K0E9psTBxXAkg33_dGywOwsHvwsdi2_dqD11g5S-4QOgCg=w1115-h836-no

Barry and Bambi have three kids: their daughter, Madison, and sons Evan and Ryder. They hit it off well with our kids whenever we’re together. For example, Dave and Evan wasted no time climbing up the hay bales in the barn to see who could get the most rat and bird crap all over their clothing.

taNSc7RP9QBPID2fnvQb6QgBgkuS-bc-dyGlZHXhWv8Z2DtykuNtBZYVbMmOIlniGC25u5OkLSEz1NIUmvkr3SW8TVAyEjdru59dgt6CvPM5Du_rrwDOTOa68Cd5SGRiCXxvqb5AkvNMGuNfbAaZ7zTKnWQVLktqeVnE447J_5hF9Ng0h1d_h_k83i2OlTXLfShxxxGYfo7KdXGvXXQaaUCn877owXqastytZ7hVJr1MSFPusJQ7am93a9F4InMi84TyhoA5mRO45lgBZAlPqIMRGqMdYveaboAxRqKDou5Poe2VB1t6IxtJmSMwoRniPck7BIh7m8OltHEPCFphlRXwjTqsK9zivWdCyVBPDFyEFsAJjMm91TCH2yKkzB3Rf-DwgAX9RKvVCZFN6YsE8M2psKsa5dVqb0XfPv_t_Y2H5ZRGLZtWuIsH_W5XSdmZHqFXGzarJauVJPaYDMM_GPFXUkpuhtmZJKqY3-6MpEYFk_M4lRofYYZSVdaQx68Szpvztvkon_-F9NZi2nWtWp6Fi9jLINyaFPWBNghSxDIE1497nLYSXusZ7dN4NMXVYmSdjryePbIzTKwfpBLPPwytCbXy0sE07ZGvKQHfs2NXU6H8LkGr=w627-h836-no

And somehow they all thought this was a good idea.

XWxshIVmBfeKmG910XCvUmMKXukh8jhpQ5eiRxnypHQ5wvzocY_U8GDrbRNGGiitPcvI1NQMyD4BD8QmZhO06brcb0ERQOEu6dUlbw6i7VJ0EtM61KDJLMRM_tn00CwRCaK-JRb3AT3CRqQJhl02YIiQ-zKIGIM1Wb8UzFtSbRFoE5yB8BSady7KDNndAq86fE0Arw7H_5DoSJsyV4KIDtpAnAgg30ARUyFhjgA3IIVhK4I-tAgctVtWymxn_PjaZPT2CpA-lTwEfowArJherKyaQPNYXg2zXklWM0tk0VZ1kIPgBpq2bDjm2MYXcqgE3N-jc-rU2JzKMn6Dyzc6SAgB7eNqbRwhDmXPiieePtFRIBIBV-SVVI5PWuHATmu5NlX6bn7_cuwFAVLR3icPsuD-yb4QpTDk_pEp1hWCoFNCU1NPEPigNQ2xblVyvEJIrtcTEV1tc-b-e7Gm3PhV993qexcNzeES985HXsefatyi9FYPIPQ0sRW9O5OjD0Ww7n5oZDXpRJDyP7rVaSVvod-asF4qwH64avlXoaUVSiTEgOAQC_phICcl0nzED_cMiR23Lhv_j9782pi4MVH8dnBZkef2mmP6TH9ThvAN2hjs9_zsb2zF=w1115-h836-no

1wd18_NQdL-oX5NvKSyDE4tQxyCzuZ2Ywt7JwM0JoqdPY2avBAyPdEV12FcPm0FGSPfTqLryATHq2EzG-Ch61lPWjhwPQ4vi0PqpxVu811bh43TATBJNTcgQ0uQb3erx3qlIo_2vW9w2LAEdnsz087q1VfuYmFz9kTEqMrmdM3UCAgILsx15pnIndUgHS6kE7crQaJwAdkw-eEgVFGrnzPoS8qvo3Su1I_Ljd7IgStzeniaSJtqt3xM_eUx3WgNsd4DC2lp7499_WOeGNEMfhMo0bvQ4waX7JUiUAcZR73jiMG20PSIBN_tab8nPEAnA25yb4qP_pwxlh87yzjPt_qa1qM6v7N08ktlf2Hg6iqNdjSLHT-f_ZBZ1Vc0KyXg3zWo31RCt9P7upxc2wJMwNfX5ks4m7a7YIRqhnujMRMmi8vmDWXlxlBa1YSRwli7UGad00vfX4eD2i4SOrfRm7ALDwgGck-i367IVcUnK5xfw3I-NDfKOVzgnnvgkqZfgF6B55OT2Xmi26x2Ypx63d0_hv0Ytx1vtlp3GP8Bgdg9agxXRW9OuL3l1Dw4c1JxW1H9A5jCfe-ZPZxLSF_Xf8onEkPo3hMk-HC08R3d0RZ3AXqVtCGyG=w1115-h836-no

The bigger kids did get to drive the 4-wheeler along the dirt roads by themselves (with an adult riding along). Everyone did fine and had a great time with it. However, you just know that this is an opportunity begging for Scotty to happen.

At some point, Scotty was driving with poor Bambi riding shotgun, along with a couple of the kids. Somehow, Scotty managed to drive off the road and into the one and only mud puddle on the entire property. And he got the 4-wheeler stuck.

I was going to go try and help push them out, but then Scotty gunned the engine and sent a 6-foot shower of mud spraying behind him. And I thought, “You know what? Let’s see if they can manage.” Bambi displayed the patience of a saint as she instructed Scotty on how to slowly rock back and forth, forward and reverse, until he could drive himself out of the hole. It only took about 3 hours or so, but they did get free.

Eventually, we left the farm and headed north to Green Bay. Julie and I stopped very briefly in Appleton to visit some friends from our old church in Delaware who had relocated to Wisconsin upon retirement. As you know, it’s common practice to retire and move to a state that has winter 8 months out of the year.

Anyway, we had a nice visit and I think they were thrilled we stopped by. We met up with Barry and Bambi at our hotel in Green Bay and then drove into town to grab dinner at the Titletown Brewery. This was a neat little restaurant/microbrewery based in an old train station in the heart of Green Bay.

pYQFTomsLkGspf0Djki_1E7WDPp6JSwfVb_TsGijimAX1A_eVzw8vwBxS0BvGg-6gvmiSbeWZDMMkEBlidc6itWvvCyPe118ehjwKOJ2JbKsOz0NLIuX8m6DGnKFVNuwp7AfGaKHxf3FD4oihOcQeUelgVmG0cmEYLe3x0SVAaNENbuYbBjMMnl5aQ-aiMZ54e2lWuvt2jZN5BT4t5oaeHScMbWUecOcMTJgQr1Ea4c4w3eC9aLaXuyG03EVwGhKkkJL9iTMdxHl9ZYo_7YRv7HelMAbaJ9bdS6D4QSjT__uqwQoo-K75mlUe_ZNxfzVLPb2ZBosfl0Mtn9Q-u2zHg8kp-CLTV1zVIUKGRxn30rPeYIJLy0IIIwrvQIIYEo4_F1K4jgmEo3dfehnsIYc-38m-30sET0YLRZ9No1JX544z93NfAadi4d7tGN3Nqof7heQe0gEANCQp-sZ3jAaif7DlReCM-W7mFZB7N5WdVd8SqgX_83yXL6GsFEPv9aKu5-XSLxDUKoLBFsFdMAUdGXSIn3o6TWWOdbRnN3L1jLqksX-OjYiwCneI_UOphZAVV4A4-25xaDBtZzynf5X95cIx7yEePV-sYrBYwGJh9ke5sQ3P1Y7=w1224-h816-no

I enjoyed a burger and a draft root beer, while Sarah got one of these cool waffle sandwiches.

NNGzvkDUWdSUraQMfXEkEHwuAj_ghwIOcRPFShOW96T-kHdGtESiF2XrtWoF_IWNpuloeN4DmJFV5Kxb8K_onv4oMgxvA1R3U5qhIep5xGm3DzRUBk1iD2gON9DQn73VE2pdMNwJS6MUMD3UK8yMLRpxK-jlxLYas2gHr_PdEhxXAlgAjFFGl8sKZNGrErIaca3Efzu7eCdEMHjZWpO3Ni22sN7gVndHgvAF5mNum-piKo7JurhrD3pu8u9zuw0hWKzdGS0bto6ipc-Zi8Tvr0HZvsorBw0_wa74X7Wg-nuENL0G9c9TkW8kJx7RohOVshlE0jajA43sOX3QO4Abh8uAP6PBx2W_hRNi2zAAZWWDDS7TwvkYC_YFR2NJmmMcZnlPLllEVj09cqojFMuDaJ07zDzzjWaFxqc0yursBMZfHrG3eixo15X-fH4TG3yPNh4-JfDPbcbYT1DnGC_WBXxd_fkP_uZXGZhNOSDm8zOjIqA0PuJs6B3Yndb832NMoR8qb9BA_88w6KkyqctWXY_kkdF6JezdEUp5mFOTBXI98M4cLTKuUJT8A_80NSwPozzcPqfxKJmct221Mv6U50-vfPpBKk-f8yE4kIfegr7YkCTPPCvf=w1224-h816-no

Overall, a pretty decent place to eat. And futilely attempt to get all 7 kids to smile for a photo at once.

ufROCh1yWdUh08YJVu_huu_DstB8vJG1sU61yJJyPRMsFVIjn_j_C_G7R6FtdSXqWqqiYp_dc0XGUNiF5IFLObA-AeBJJFq0DbYyp4jstVtpUj7uDE54sk1RRREPF8XO7P4Px-3_u14P0CmcIC8GpaGCxgjgkGlBJWLxE6PeUT8f-beS-4w3TKHNwqZnIQA4tQcDXH7YmzFxc8C7ZZ0qJarCE0gcQHZlmnkP-wydQ8jh7fXCP978F_iEMMfQYUor5kREpx_pEI6WDK14nMuVIF_OWo_yKJ7JmI04rUXUZTbKnKd_u53AkXk98nq4i6ahBzNBb-pYrdqETp4_Ayt-Zqx6XqsbmbFD8J7EJwPv50ZZcu4l6YH5qnoepCqXHb-0bQbx-4EOAaAYpnD_0_xXMypgDObp8VR_QiO2XVn7CqWO6odl5NbPwkydU0jlTVWCTEV9WY4HoR14W3sxR2vR4WcL4E7hFxI1MzZOKA6BdIUoGASIKeXMYrLK-_XMpoGAl7SrUKmPGwXZ5WXqQwuI9sCDmFJ3maElznZk5qfx0RlCjmR4sYgFrKsRmz-G7xiep-J3_Wd97tIQ6s9sm6HEFwArUQenasTALtfmaCVpGJF9foTr9vTZ=w1224-h816-no

It was still early in the evening and we were still looking for something to occupy our time. Barry and Bambi suggested Bay Beach, a small amusement park on the shores of Green Bay run by the city. This turned out to be a stroke of genius. It was a beautiful summer night, the rides were cheap (think beach boardwalk-type amusements), and all of the kids ended up having a blast.

There’s a train ride that takes guests around the park and along the shore of Green Bay. Naturally, Drew loved this.

4DoRnDmDsNNbHzSQAUs6oCwXHpUlT830fjq5qu_7Xg8gq8EtP7aErg_glAiY8fQ7SMjJo8ZhDEU_TW-ir7NZLB4HXeHb85hXo0a38R_GjmlKa3DDkdQ8vYSlqkbsvKgogiVxAv7Q5XS4-5B9a7TL4mD0osPGC2IInF-OSbS9GwuejS1-2KhAVXWq6WtADXEB-66a9oSdomyiii8yt006DCvESKVjVeICH5camq82iwZ0zz_IEtQhjKJK6d86MthuGoKtJQLInH6wMNOATgrksp2LlTloBDAunH-AvQVHaKPrlRLiQ3MTM7P4U7IxVd0C1-InVe-Rmk6jyIraW2jw5M6Aqq2lxQ2xAog8lWcOgeIvNJFWoj4EvWHQk8jEsuOxd65zdmweWxQ_u4A1GEfdYN-7AalqAjDypma6HoYQ8dUPbSqJgJxKOWmIjl2pUW9v5vs2sBVaJpUYWIgmoXye6uievxWcsMKSuj5nDFWrkLSCWPolpyGc_EQ6NivcyuQP9fDIaG0dL26p52jN1OcKuJqPac2HGNKidXrDwl_DolLqrQiEqrNdD2DcbpaigV3iz8hXHRTX9E6aZn4qUfGzasRxAlU4P7mFb9QrGe1s916MgVWa9dk5=w1224-h816-no

Here’s Green Bay, just to prove we were there.

BRbBRUY7U4YsKgTxgiSFjycYKcwxAo-7aim0j5j7k4VOdOZzdLmOJJ0PFgtoTEQNyCXJys99sFiuGYf9cXT_m_sR6P-3HqFTuqNjQegfZqUp-0ISRFI64ZoW9wMgy0ODBal0OQUn2Vq8vMdZ40hbz5cIDKo39DqyVqZB3UBiKP03JgU0g9fnrxxxAdyuR8rz40Vwpnhdr_J70vG8-HjBrNhhRdwPX6bD9dJGJ3UY0W3-hNPJnzZsRcSCa287vXFuKKaR-BazvUWHeMiHhlf2Vm4uWuOWp8FWpNIZLbqveQb6sQYQmZdzyrXGGlIefQFNkVx-j4sbOx0igRgsRNbczxiSHsnNeuiBwAGXE9ZhXTLAS3Rg_jwwnAqIkDUNPCNlvllEmg9kO2JmNJYvXk8zmGJIALjbzWy7e3Cd-VSuXk37N5aDnS7Fq2e4NKGWY2XkbsLdEt-eNMyQNU5Q4NLn2dMrw-GhmhqNAkRDI-wm-cZQxEse-mxO-yg81FADO4tfRNtrRYutIqFFZ7WkuP758QTgw35XfygVQcG4y8QJXagBA4l6gI99McoWeN66ILO3qlbMYZCkFdSFM_2yooifTuX13ho0aYuxT1EMSdDvFRDOsxDmDzwc=w1224-h816-no

I love this photo of Drew, in mid-conversation as sometimes it’s hard to get him to shut up. This one just screams, “Caption me!”

3DNsLtD1zmRvdLLPFo-8WnA83VO6bNggZKt1j7YUkVfvPMBn9Jda3USfbFF3fws5DuLLTqSMqlr-_gfmjvaIvExQb22YRHog1NYGecZ9dtHDPkuaoTmz-Jgr9tuN9pRXboZ6NDn-AfyFjvXHFGiqzNo8dRlDTmwZM02XQoKBzXkanCpxIQsC-pXpk9d_VFVQvikSWJxiJdnTrYa_GE_yp8UYS57hpQWlpUC42GGpXt3ABXzukbsZe4xawVNY3bgTWbkKFdCW4wsZRoTZphaf33wqhgZP-wxiBGRzVtjFNfyZyYSiYm2tJSbOgd4j3dxucgzon5JNpW5MScwOoQC4-cOqJ62LUwop61l0jNvO_6SF9JKdFqAkReweDOsbzCiS1N00T3I23-Rx1L3blOjDUsoeZ9E82mWNa9_gNDmAQNSbOCv0RD4jK6uxCQiooUjw3ip8VG-77eSUimF_d1jvH2PpfnDAzpoOy3mtPY-HzxpiXeOxCbNg5-DcHOW0mkTGZt3LyP7MCqRYoy-w3H4Q9yJGsknkwybengUh4j3RZ04MhtxwqkwQByUScbBjo2Imc8gJgJyo-VIGm7fPi70xH0I8J45Dx5x_hHKGdynF_r1yAGKMa6GG=w1224-h816-no

My entry: “…and accidents like those are why I choose Pampers, for the highest-quality absorption around.”

Later, Drew got his big sister to take him on the merry-go-round.

4iB0CtGlvm3dFc9RmeHnN5ujPO-W3mWTcRUaeS38TuKOF4MaHKerAH_BR8J7CUD9Yx5n3R1mZOLRXqZMFdBNoVpP-jBkLw_PS8m_4r1tqf5ZspdXtLj4oyTZgFNTzbgHegWlGh7ExI4_9KkG7cWuTmP6ttXbBHUxqVDnW41usXOkVeSANKo69aEk4jlWl9GOTncOYEQ1LP9fJ0fKVPOOVPohsLrD_iy0f3x8qjiuJHzcIX-UPMfljo9bHv_irZF14sTfYvC-N9ASaacfsdtFrqbX_FJpIMQoIFYQqrjJB2i-hO5r-4WhGmgp49k3wRogiMbzvn5vIvAOqR6wcqZ0BpKu37Oc5tSdCSFiM0Gcxz5N_ZzjzP1ae3VO83FEVjcQzur6uF7yC0_7N4CjHjI12TKv9A4lZw19eyJryMT3L5iE3lwRNxKOikNUcxoLxfHd6BSs8zSBCV44chk_1iiPT9Mgup1ZiQyV5SCsTNz3vI8RLm9egfD90aR_lDQZrkvOLlsGOKsfelQXRGQDvCD9pSzJPjM5P_-EfZ_ydzHYwbMSaIB8LozJaLg7Z6NqUlzr8gViuN_BGlHKmx2vzP8vYZDwxdb8-MBfRDFDpFj06WqxTKW4Gavk=w558-h836-no

And his big brother had a brain cramp and let him fly a helicopter.

rTgzfCXPhx-iVYMhPgYn-NXjirIOdF8bzZQNNRpHJTdVzf5N0VbIW3ym0sAIxzgGvqaDAFmmHAKYpXEQWRjWJxndDmEaSUW4BAKwUuiibuShkk91SOndh53pUUS93hh6VZMBx78iazVQczew_3sBnU_ZVnAhd8RRuMAmYJcafieCdxxSq3XQ7D8WtTsHAu_nB6ZQidmkiU2bcjZRWCvZXXVQWKtVCG04uB7kSU929a0zv2cFz-u8355SCe7Z0-X5xaiuR3z3FZcETaQyLte41TXJz5z6W08iGyil-9Kuk2MXV3W5fol3VDB-Xi6AcLegxfp2plpUtXSX9IVW6b-bMn09yKP-JoKAlQ_wgDoX_yK3EInJCLOs97yQM5ugMW0-2zzU1zye4fm9CmK1M8uCp0sEXUVoHgwJtsXHGI7TnjAxAxc4QyhBxGvTENZ0WDPzUboNTSLm77Wf6gaKGpR-S2TgAoyQT5wfbb-9ROUZsSMP4dlikM-rvO_En2gnWMyCp6xxTSTnNdrdxwEiI27eIZpSlR8n584cKGS2o52cd98SBKvd5MJ1MMiEU2ZwqcMY5p5LJun-Mm_-TxNG98YfW7jeXv-wVfMBZOKcPGJK-ninl3ZfoXow=w558-h836-no

The big kids tried out the swings…

Kf6OtllK_kyoU3vuZ0aJGmf16OMMzUs9r0Uxo-KUdpyx_iNTjHiNfmY4K18kZH9wp8EeaQRk4GoKBQInFd4cnX_SYD6fYfL7O-EZbcbmVkH0vjwUq7sZYXY2JWilVxuwMZjkqbp9uNXig8DcaVzVmIW9F5LNIKVT2gfO40WFab1b6NBr_K7UFzIcaz2skWTJ9P5fMchyQ73sRQy2hhzgkwAC6eTzt1ouCMAKcF62BGY3zUb21IJgojXCqjhtxs9S0bDY-Oxb9h25HMewr08xU267uq7qedbGzDatXJHjGJW7TqePTM3wiOS4fq3Xrb7cQS5SL4g_jEyWEOCO3qDmW037AEEdiFtkLBzBjZSrw9CZLk-bJgRrIF5IlvI1VFPg2zp21MDljvqB1IwgMCWiB0qbmReiem1ipibsT7XpSLQGNw0NyWE4TuCMvOX01SEW7irJCLgxRDnr52bUs6HfsQOmBZ3-zFlzJIkEjOVttVD3gjSoIeBbn_Did-hGopqmznXdJa0sLpCOUaHyhaqbeoowDu9jsum16k5Bvo6ASsUfgxkvnb7N168KMl779-Ab5W08EWkmHeW52iiNtDgYm3lvKGN1qaNqBVpEXxYh6O9XCWjqN1jT=w1224-h816-no

…followed by the whirligig.

nBs2j1dWF6tQlv-ZLeo7-axmdW4N9rWGkY8WeEaMpw-jvB0e_pETF7HfuXC1GERt3_ncpDXKw4LnsHYQPQSQwRrBvimPyjhnSV-mSrq2YraiJ0wP-AEHjxvmrK2mNsi-0C_UDtqfQbWTs9oMUqDF8KNL0PTCUBybyJiILQf75J1msM3e09YpmLAk7Xr2ElTp8WoIvocm2YtwZV1s_L2Hget8Zd0KFZkU9-kCnB6QZwuU-OfuVovGJ3_OknvU_XbIcAOQ2nh5XcP1C9n6Bpmyc0qJxdYni41Fwud00YG4sekb54JTBL4gC3gaC9nMzFxfV0QrJWZV1vT2GqDCcaXSrFazDDD27dTqA5viAnPJWC3c4x1N56fupfhQ6JCzjVeY3xpYcLBM6Qz1O3Q6GVesVwYhkKGVGL_TB3By9ejC8yzgRa-wUxYufRES0nwTD-OpsBaDmmqn8I2aIFOLSIJoyRQXNGNDjVoy_cslzd3UOE86ocOLgLG-kTM2lT9oAfvERe-1GDpueMqbfg7q7pvOQcgJmgTYbpMb17xNNq9aijmIp59oUEdG30s0HecrcEkQl8QxY0sW3SKuisRpA_9QP9d5wQhTDY1So6UXJ1R_oSYToewfEikg=w1115-h836-no

Sure, they look happy now. But when it gets going, how many of them will hurl?

Bls1a-jKidrWZvmykPBwiVReYmxMGXAeAtOBrCjNuGfhWerpqdFlxOD_ZqwohZS3FmedzkoZ9AWKBITxGlimMUN0NO75zYJDt-f9qjScIu4WOkZOBEM-RDzpSKYhrrqoG2K07qqpX2F3USA91vOtNDZ1tKrxGkvNMGwsSEyokPZ74e4_r_nvYgs-WAOuyU9wiYe0NPAd7LQn_kJmg9QLJnM-ULO2SBJQhn_Hb5xgGCvpQnZZlVXADYSrgf6GNHfgzZZ2CmkiEFU-r3coozFQtqRUlZmGj9bfrcagNo0vGa6qqj2xwUQwyd9YP7Pk9IiqyB71B8twbfr0E79oMyMJTMkv1WbKDNeZTxNKTz3s0D0SXFgqt7trxZ-87MkWfOA4cAdbcqqzKPDakNfjHArwNnCiiPOHKadUXHxiRSlm5LBDv_tLmpsmOGCJSKedah16-xSF7EaZVdDVTKQjk8W09PDcmSL3se5RaK8ta-PnoNmw22O2ykK54zT6mtgHBi_MCWburBMqnnmZ4klPPb3dXRNE-FdyBt2q08eOkatqz7DTkXcsC9C1vGQ7xcTDcZl1jj3Z9jG-1iJJBtrU3BGXrYaQ4wv-CROvUkdTSOg9VUzbBg_F_1dQ=w1115-h836-no

If you said “all of them,” consider yourself a winner! And clean up that mess.

Drew and Ryder mostly contented themselves with the kiddie rides. I present to you the Many Faces of Drew (and Ryder mostly putting up with him):

_aIaN8slnJ7_tW5P5XRsh8yqR_Iu_BztWDFRYLfoaGHLrcOl0CRRW9LADD7i-EKbk_kuSDjD3XiUU9NVOM5hO1BffVoKtcQCK560IG6qtc8L9orsUjbT336hLSXeZwi0YZFjEbi1kB3UQB28LoSlE6x_Qgf9IwcGGKtPbOXsyO5PtXJUW7Hr6LnD5VTtSGY5xtHuEqACEKpuyCHFdAHBS9RdGc9Wa2XOKcb9au1J5RHZh7yGbKM8wD6bQnocJkFXMdf_YhOhoYoGGu4cBJLqP3LXvhPHKb1Gq4DtWV1uVRLarVa9ifllxmnZA9lpOu_MrzJLcjLalBPl5Q4tMM_rGbgr4cUFaxarOuLBpsbVnYh0FzRkkVSgoGOxKgxMwkP7Vaui32q2RQd8Eoqriywj2SSVpTCIICTCnP5-K4C0qXlYGTIywBTPom4g_FluHcmdKa4QnOL0TgShIxldpDBdIVfvCN9_EL7bjw1ZooBCz5XKYEStfE4bSCVFl_3ovKmYxQsZA8GPN4ognIcAbf3NyXVjhoDcO_Dsyg5rYi62oY7AOkDLvuvK5Pc27kRFZhC1HlayE3SQVBmwJ9vujpq3hXiACjJebEdhtwdh2D9-qEG3veYUYV9D=w1115-h836-no

KC2hoI3te5NaXHOPN7N7915mR2L3ldTdUJaiRQeLyQ8rOb8B-u5EN4DqwsuVDLSE09spSM2hipDaSvMFY4-pXfIJKkELzy-E7XKINlQyJkPLx_I-923Cfvb1_vxmndo1cO2bXslDeMY016mmoHwNELjxbF5YrtoJKm105sD0RLtxB3CJVl1J5LfgZTT0I2mmy4hFMOXs7NFGc6pE2F_NPLIfmCPmsw1pueBPb-6Y75gtEEDnlTz93aU52ExaznNyPgvV-MXJpYko30nLzGINKsPjKA1-2lxonq7tduCGuJddkhLS86YoxawdRkihmffSy0kxq25d8k5Ag55niYJ2D5G3ZvPzV6M_CcS6-DrB9WFOTyr0q8kwpenfg_PauVXOmo-lyeDaUyWCXIGETaQlx8xc31omcQNbulfEksHPLVlQvfHW6gLoayo8FYGsbbg47hqtfpTLbKfjgzzW6rho9VBVyFYk6iJ1FYeY4kvz-2IcsKQgv2Qshvdur5wvu32E0q_UFAFjpT3CNUYUt3LiqV8PLQ0NYSCc_7cQLHQj1N1NPjIV_cfFVV4DVAY_l7oriGREa7sQ8rsqsYHxznBqfXL4Co7kL1_VE7Uvz2_9mGdCHJ6FL1pV=w1115-h836-no

U4fEqxQSIhrJa4pj2IX5EdP_cFm91URgCBRKfvOUVHZeH-DREwBFw8Fkd9KiUTfe9SuzT80DqiRzHw57Zsp47RrZ5z4DKk02ApgB3XtUN3lmw3508D1SHzJEUxDIVm4OG6OeDgPzRgEHwnKszMvyfKYpcSr8r3455nd4AAtmhnIIOMiSf0Qr9juBQn-4LzhOahsWQJj-jbyRocxjpb77Nxm24EwoKLuyuLGiK4WC4qamR4DaDnVV6mR4w6RQTeVYelQ-FVyve44Zdk7EpuojwDfBLrYWVpBlvM_3HDBbUNW2pwF56dKs8TK9LO6B1gVvzQpzUsYh8BgpyJ8VfhTxmRZcpOGN4FE5peqolTd5XMzgCYnAP5PjVUQ6zCHCZf3YlgIGV_iPmaL_gdUilneYoFZE5nbLlf7aSrRcEQL8JGjzJ4F7iWWn0tP_g8FptECpEGUTrjfKDe2I4RodTG00NGbwLtHjmTz9rtoBib4-ycxpzpLn9G3bMD42zbVfhfq1_u8QvTazha2Hb2ZQ9bsn9-EYUodagpMdsgo69Z0qa2Ps9u5t0X02JA1NXy8ON0cQh3XyqvfO23rBrBBMkkcJlmwSdx_BF6SS6AvL7wPypO6uMsL81E0c=w1224-h816-no

Madison didn’t want to drive her own bumper car, so she handed the keys to a teenager who doesn’t have a license yet. What could go wrong?

OC-0q002H8nUfJ6m2ANhKd72oZ2U1JYaxqwkUe7YjXArtAVELtfdPAh6C3CUn7TNTluiG_NPlf_rqPiYtsi-TiT-vLAc7VcGON-Q2lwtNOWSFmSQYndhSBQTpbuG43CnLkdXfj68MvMCFaDrAtpaGI_aKrvMcG908sHf00rnOb1NJweveMb8gpLoYNwUqCnOM6XxK-SS4LjCLMWsUOz6i14G53jGDdBwXYky1BMXNlaG_pqqVQTDkSsRDttOr2tsTj5bGVSGCl4bgLOVt8dPsZP0KrzdzRR8bzdl6xSMwPFLQXDkRS2N1xuI_-dz62uupkMc78-VOnAJ4oCb-7erO84IrfaERF-1vGIyehqCvESFn8BXwNL05uOANXr-2HhzpOiTeITRKgvNGlJ8eiKO1cfYeKEUTyOBIwrZCTsrZB9slSVin0DembPgAUJZy7zjI9pneGEn5LgjXLAuf-ZgKDeisr75AVW4t-PS7J6If_8Yz96FN0nuUOLgUlA2q-LQJNRxq_FxoSo2TuwDqbXlaVha9EMl5qUSqJ15oE33aFX1rTkMJs6k7abRH3ZPUvgRGE-CWiiJ0nTXKRjH5lyI3KMOwvjB8L16typg-xirGm3t7tKHNvK6=w1224-h816-no

For their last ride of the evening, Scotty and Sarah hopped on the Ferris wheel. Thanks to the carny’s incredibly confusing loading/unloading system, they would do maybe one or two revolutions, then sit suspended in the air for about 20 minutes while somebody got on or off, then another revolution, then sit, and so on.

sR0x1gkL-kQiaxAi4dBGjOi-fzRJZIY5BV6JqFkj067knQagspPEDKvt0x_RVRlQAEBaQxGYYWRpc965I-KY7v5-hbpb672B5s3uDGKvqUDGnPDLf3TqTpGvooTDDER4NkjQaLVZO3dgARYfA4tWag40Y_UyjhnZzHTtn1hliopFuUupQ_-NMpPV192nX9vKLQqg5a1kEIRdE-WhYJz-4HMCi6U325KuAVGxh1VwHt-YaUTpTkwv8E6kn_F44eQ--d0zEFqP4zKONpViaDkZalfTWhFWUNSqAIhyyaWEru4hgbfZz56nMfn3tVmvUkdHJr44v4RtfWi7hs8vudDm4ABln2VAV2mFOZaHryNbfkzKrjeyFD8Cho8xtaSg099lHSKz-z2q6QDe1LcNmU4jayQ6W7ivouoT7nNeK6jHlDw0T7Iia36e6niQ54Cdpa7ciFItq3GnZmgXvCGpXKniGZPBHVGXo3osfYmDIBga1hKLTYzdnRigckNvVurJF4cx0jvKfK5DV4Y5BxTdA9nAHQnVzyNdu95VQdO3EkpuqwSuzW2u9J3AXmDfzTVJYli6a37KED9uzrAzi1jzZB91kAElDcuRutAP4vmBuQGLRZ11OuXX3mnV=w1224-h816-no

This photo was taken approximately at midnight, after they’d been sitting up there for four hours. Or maybe it just felt like it.

wU_9T23dizEYKd-cBiH4PsbQ--L3DQSy1CRE3ihu0kHQaudtSgDi0Ox8zzx54O0Qz5H60r-xa5NQCMB1XuAqu4dC_3g1Zy2VXg74qkTOeJoNkb2SXvCYQ4go1wNOGsToNDf-s1XHj_VtgD4gaVBupLO97scKXbPtozwZI1qx0izBc-ECKZXACm32qfwF11rFQakvMTdo6dDcqVHZaVNynmNjDzWieL3TXsfZfXPaJ6f0r5pr_Tgeo6oCdqSlhuozdLcRcmRFQJLlPKmo-TBhBrjRHn4SRPoHMe6_yMmDpfkwOuUb6U-BavfE2PZFQiCqLyzvBJcEElukAFhvZarqet3O603v27PQv6ccRaYFmLyFuXX98v2wKc8ugDcygssG1wfQXv39ycxndqAYksDEWlvdr--u0KuwyoFBgrJ6QPmBAI98L0koHBWPNFb8KI6Xvc4nSv6gWRvvALoNfjY9GsoYDoqo3uwpwBx39MwePmwC-PyCAYe9bDtOO8TMOjcdz8Fj4fYU9MgIaaoP5RUZZmh_uK-gOUBYXC16Z9ALuzO9H1IxWPobenW7zpPnP8Eoc-vPdrLfLifzUrlmcRp2u7cD3M0ArR1m_z0AeMPeW4mGQZR3QZQ_=w558-h836-no

Anyway, Bay Beach proved to be a big hit. Great place to run around and have some fun.

With that, we retired to our hotel rooms. I think we were supposed to meet up at the pool, but we were scrambling to get Drew down in bed and somehow stood up Barry’s family most of the evening. Scotty was begging to swim, so I walked him down much later only to discover that they had been at the pool the whole time, wondering when we’d show up. Whoops. Sorry, guys. We totally screwed up the communication there.

Anyway, we had a fun day and once again wore ourselves out. I couldn’t help but wonder if the kids would still have Mostly Wisconsin on their minds as they dreamt that night.

SpPXbHQQTuQulDuqsnF5SGO_BYOCEFz6viqwzj-ge7T0CpJzQ0z6I6q7iUeRm37X4JNEUJWlYpxwfKLIBC35inX1yg_TglMlIOQZNa_zW2Zhkk0M5a8vxtjNv7psJiUPVQlIy_5DqBl8bTPhIPo68ZsEss7Tt9a2tHuE6iSg-_XxtlgeNH1HzHScbAYKfXSBKmb8zzmzNr6AOoFfZK3FoNUme2kesIfx4AHnWYHLkTne2ChohwLC2dq2MLa7tDkhhCFzT8QbOLB6uU8XLgJ3yitLcnyYttCwZ6fvzrQp_Lo9MekQYtwf3evCQH1gLeORWbJokzvNVoG0EAYKOcxbWiKam55fF6diOzQxo43n-6n-pU7v9GxbJTGWwOaDKl-gDCeEdSvRzfRVLlkJDqBjB630kxlVdjQbCohq2ErauZPTu1q3vu3B05bEW9nWk0dI2cd4zRt6AYe8GW14mLGGnXieAC8EALviUHrJNu7zsmZOaLeq2sgXINHdHGawRMLsqh7enVjhJwBwCbpF2aFE9Y32RWOipRtBoik1DMwJYmXLe75Ox1PbOFjxjlAitGKqvFfvOOyQnRs6RDbLxrZu9NsWL0Uc-1HLJ8U3wrnrNY06FPaY59y4=w627-h836-no

Coming Up Next: A Fourth of July in the Frozen Tundra.

I somehow just found this and ... your family is adorable and your writing is excellent! And ok, I'm having a slow day at work.

I made it to all 50 states by the time I was 40 - I'd hit the lower 48 by the time I was 12, but Hawaii and Alaska took a little longer. My parents were schoolteachers and when I was a kid, we piled into the car and drove all summer. I love this TR! Thanks for sharing.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

For example, Dave and Evan wasted no time climbing up the hay bales in the barn to see who could get the most rat and bird crap all over their clothing.

Well, that certainly takes a "roll in the hay" to a whole new level.

However, you just know that this is an opportunity begging for Scotty to happen.

Called it!

At some point, Scotty was driving with poor Bambi riding shotgun, along with a couple of the kids. Somehow, Scotty managed to drive off the road and into the one and only mud puddle on the entire property. And he got the 4-wheeler stuck.

Of course he did. And I'm sure he loved every minute of getting it out too.

had relocated to Wisconsin upon retirement.

My first choice.

:scared:

:lmao:

Valiant effort though.

See? No Lego to find in my diaper tomorrow.

We called that the Tilt 'O Hurl. 100 times worse than the Puke Cups.

Personally, I think we pale in comparison to Punkin Chunkin, but whatever.
You are at least a close second.

However, if you tell me it’s a cinnamon roll the size of a satellite dish? I’m jumping in the car.
:eek: That thing's even bigger than the ones at Gaston's Tavern...

I think this was the prize tractor, because Barry wouldn’t let Drew drive this one. The kids did like the rides, though.
I'm surprised Barry is allowed to drive it.

Overall, a pretty decent place to eat. And futilely attempt to get all 7 kids to smile for a photo at once.
Well, at least they're all in the photo.

Drew and Ryder mostly contented themselves with the kiddie rides. I present to you the Many Faces of Drew (and Ryder mostly putting up with him):
Well, Drew seems to be having fun. I think. Some of those faces are hard to tell.

Looks like a 4960. Now there's a real tractor.

Fran would love that cinnamon roll! Sadly I don't see us traveling to many of the places where they have locations any time in the near future.

I'm sure the kids had a blast riding around on all that farm equipment, and don't tell me that you abstained from the fun! :rolleyes1

The shirts are cool! :thumbsup2

Dinner sounded good too, and an old fashioned carnival, what a fun little death trap to play roulette with your children's lives! :laughing:

Thanks, Alison, for mentioning the update! Looks like I've missed a few!

Gotta say, the model train display is still my favorite thing at MSI. True when I was a little kid, and still true now. Too bad basic admission is pricey - we don't get there as often as I'd like.

We usually get Sbarro when we stop at an Oasis. Or Panda Express. I don't think we have actually ever gotten Burger King there! Not that we eat there that often. We did have a Girl Scout cookie booth there once!

Anyhow, carry on. Glad to hear the explanation of Mostly Wisconsin! Very cute, and so cool to have a whole family of friends to visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter