A good steakhouse?

mommy2savannah

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at Cypress Pointe in just 12 days!!!! My husband just requested to eat at a steakhouse . Any recommendations? The proximity of the restaurant to our hotel is not of vital importance since we will be renting a car. We will be dining with our 2.5 year old dd and are looking for a good food and moderate prices! Pleas share any info you may have. I would like to accomodate my husband's only request, since I have chosen everything else for this trip!

We enjoy Outback steakhouse. It is located on 192 west and the corner of Formosa Gardens Blvd. Not to expensive and we have always had a good meal.

UG recommends a few...Butcher Shop Steakhouse - Orlando, Charlie's Steak House - Orlando, Del Frisco's - Orlando, Vito's Chop House - Orlando. They list the first two as moderate and the last two as expensive.

On my last trip I was surprised to have the best steak I have ever had in my life (and I've eaten alot of fine steak) at the Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. That restaurant was quite expensive, though.

The Yachtman's Steak House (in the Yacht Club) is really wonderful, but expensive. I like it better than Shula's, which is also very nice and very expensive. For a good value, it's hard to beat an Outback, but then again, most folks can eat at an Outback at home, so sometimes it's worth the extra money to eat at a special place when your on vacation.

We always make a trip to Logans Roadhouse on 192 just east of 417. It would be about a 10 minute drive for you. They have some of the best steaks around. You get peanuts at you table to snack on. They have the best warm rolls. The prices are moderate ($17 for 8 oz fillet)and the drinks are good. The service has always been top notch. :thumbsup2

Charley's is far from moderate, it's in the same price range as a Ruth's Chris. but it's very good. the Butcher Block isn't bad, but it's in the Mercado, so who knows if it's even open anymore. their website has been suspended for non-payment, not a good sign.

the best place to get a good, moderately priced steak in Orlando is Bonefish Grill, which is ironic. the O-town tourist areas are chain restaurant plentiful, so there's not much between a Lone Star Steakhouse to a Shula's or a Ruth's Chris. Emeril's always has a couple of fantastic steak selections, but it's expensive as well. hey, you're on vacation, treat yourself to a great meal. :)

We ate at Key W. Cools last year and absolutely loved it. I had the porterhouse and DH had the filet (I think). It was sooooooo good. They did not have prime rib, which was a disappointment to DH, but he loved his meal anyway.

I think it's on I192 - the same road as Orange Lake and WaterMania - we passed it a million times while we were there, so I'm sure it's easy to find!

I also loved that they had white paper on all the tables, and supplied us with crayons. The kids were happy - we were happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter