A Gift From DVC

BWoody

Tusker Lager Lover
My wife and I just recently closed on our first DVC contract. We bought resale for all the reasons mentioned throughout these boards, and thank you everyone for all the information on the various threads. It has been immensely helpful. Since we bought resale, I was under the impression that we should not expect any sort of welcome home gift; however, when the mail arrived yesterday, there was a large envelope from DVC. We opened it up and to our surprise...a DVC owner magnet!!! Of course, the accompanying letter was very clear that we are not eligible for any of the direct purchase benefits...but they sent us a magnet!!! Yes, it is just a cheap magnet...but we got one!!! It was completely unexpected and it made my wife's night. She has been secretly dying for one of these magnets. I knew she was slightly sad that she wouldn't get one for joining DVC and that we would actually have to go out and buy one. Anyway, I just wanted to share this because it was unexpected and it brought us great joy to see that token gift...even if it was just a magnet. Thank you DVC!

My wife and I just recently closed on our first DVC contract. We bought resale for all the reasons mentioned throughout these boards, and thank you everyone for all the information on the various threads. It has been immensely helpful. Since we bought resale, I was under the impression that we should not expect any sort of welcome home gift; however, when the mail arrived yesterday, there was a large envelope from DVC. We opened it up and to our surprise...a DVC owner magnet!!! Of course, the accompanying letter was very clear that we are not eligible for any of the direct purchase benefits...but they sent us a magnet!!! Yes, it is just a cheap magnet...but we got one!!! It was completely unexpected and it made my wife's night. She has been secretly dying for one of these magnets. I knew she was slightly sad that she wouldn't get one for joining DVC and that we would actually have to go out and buy one. Anyway, I just wanted to share this because it was unexpected and it brought us great joy to see that token gift...even if it was just a magnet. Thank you DVC!

That is awesome. It's the little things that can mean so much. We cherish our little magnet too. Being DVC owners is one of our great sources of joy in our family.

Yay! Disney really understands that the little things count a long way to having a devoted lifelong customer.

It's a "you just never know" type of thing. That magnet is the one they may have mailed out to everyone several months ago? We never received it and have been members over a decade. :laughing:

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy your DVC!

That's cool to hear. Thanks for sharing. My wife was hoping for some kind of welcome home DVC Owner magnet as well, but since we only brought resale, all we got was a letter, so glad to hear sometimes others are getting it. Of course, I already expected nothing, so we aren't disappointed. Congrats on your purchase!!!

Great3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter