A few more attractions shut down

Yeah, I don't think Kang and Kodos and Acceletron will be permanent closures. A few others on the list are good candidates, though....

I agree, especially about Kang and Kodos. I could see Accceletron getting removed fora new attractions as it does have a bit of unused land around it that they could put in many different things there, even a smaller scale dark ride would fit there. Could see something like Six Flag's Battle for Metropolis put in and it would fit easily in that space.

The reasoning for all these particular rides being closed is due to lack of attendance (at least that is my theory).

While some are new (F&F), some do have queues and air conditioning (F&F and PF), and some are actually enjoyable (debatable). The reality is if they are going to be cutting loses and stopping the operation of particular attractions they are going to do so for attractions that have the lowest turn out and those I can definitely see having the lowest wait times and turn outs for rides.

Even things with Kang and Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl which seems like it wouldn't be much to keep them on, it's still an operator that they could be using for more efficient jobs around the parks, or resort and as @macraven pointed out it could also be a thing of if they are also wiping the ride vehicles clean for either this ride, or even some of the other rides that were closed.

But yeah, there are definitely some that can go permanently, but that won't be for quite sometime. It will be interesting to see that once things go back to normal that if any of these attractions actually may never reopen.

Yea I'm sure the reasoning is just a matter of popularity of ride v operational cost. However, it is very telling that their newest attraction at Studios with FatF being considered to have minimal enough impact to be able to shut down its operation. Especially with Kong being the same ride system and continuing to operate.

I notice today that Kang and Kodos and Storm Force are both listed back on the App, albeit with no wait times. Hoping this means they're going to be opening them back up.
If they were going to open any they make the most sense IMO.

Funny we have not heard many (if any) complaints about FatF being closed - maybe they will get the message and put that space to good use.

Yea Fast and Furious really needed something like Radiator Springs Racers for its attraction with cars racing each other. The current retheming rumors also don't seem to be addressing the overall issues most people are having with the ride, but rather are keeping it the same just with new video.

Yea Fast and Furious really needed something like Radiator Springs Racers for its attraction with cars racing each other. The current retheming rumors also don't seem to be addressing the overall issues most people are having with the ride, but rather are keeping it the same just with new video.
Yeah - I was pretty shocked with what FatF ended up being - makes zero sense with that property and space.
Unfortunately I think we are stuck with that ride system -
There are probably things they can make that work for but FatF is not one of them.
I am no fan of the FatF movies - but it could have been a much better ride if they focused on cars..... the whole point of the movies IMO

Yeah - I was pretty shocked with what FatF ended up being - makes zero sense with that property and space.
Unfortunately I think we are stuck with that ride system -
There are probably things they can make that work for but FatF is not one of them.
I am no fan of the FatF movies - but it could have been a much better ride if they focused on cars..... the whole point of the movies IMO

I have to admit I love Kong: Skull Island which uses the same technology as FatF. IMO, the difference is that Kong has a higher quality video.

Adding on to your suggestion, perhaps replace the party bus with a tour bus, and the theme is that a street race erupts during a city bus tour. So the bus gets swarmed by street racers, with perhaps some losing control and crashing. Might even add cops chasing after the street racers. Also, improving the quality of the video will help. It doesn’t look realistic at all.

PS: I also have to admit to highly enjoying the FatF movies.

I have to admit I love Kong: Skull Island which uses the same technology as FatF. IMO, the difference is that Kong has a higher quality video.

Adding on to your suggestion, perhaps replace the party bus with a tour bus, and the theme is that a street race erupts during a city bus tour. So the bus gets swarmed by street racers, with perhaps some losing control and crashing. Might even add cops chasing after the street racers. Also, improving the quality of the video will help. It doesn’t look realistic at all.

PS: I also have to admit to highly enjoying the FatF movies.
Kong is a much better concept in its totality. A party bus when the franchise’s entire selling point is fast cars? What were they thinking?

Last edited:
Fast & Furious would make a good house at next year's HHN. Something related to zombie racers?

F&F is terrible on all fronts. Just getting onto the tour bus is an ordeal, waiting around in the 2 rooms - after you've done it once it just doesn't have the re-ride-ability because no one wants to do the queue/preshow again. The ride itself is fun but not a patch on Kong.
Personally I would turn it into a classic monsters ghost train like dark ride - something Universal really needs to do...include the classic monsters that they built the studio on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter