A few days in Seattle, advice?

Check into the Seattle Citypass. It covers the aquarium, zoo, EMP, Needle, the glass place, science center and a boat tour plus more. Great way to save money if you're doing 3 or 4 of the things. Also you don't have to wait in lines to buy tickets. I've used it a few times and done some stuff that I wouldn't have normally done because of the pass. Last year I went to see the glass place while my DS and friend did the science center.

Have fun in Seattle. It's one of my favorite cities, my DS and I have been 4 times. Depending on the season there could also be a baseball, football or soccer game.

I am thinking of spending the day walking to Space needle area (don't think we'll go to top) visiting the Chihuly garden area(is it pretty outside there too?) possibly visiting the museum of POP that looks like fun, and walking to pikes place market (or taking monorail) just to wander around.... we are likely to be fairly lazy ..... The underground tour sounds intriguing, seems like a lot of tours available, is it really interesting is my big question.

I am thinking of spending the day walking to Space needle area (don't think we'll go to top) visiting the Chihuly garden area(is it pretty outside there too?) possibly visiting the museum of POP that looks like fun, and walking to pikes place market (or taking monorail) just to wander around.... we are likely to be fairly lazy ..... The underground tour sounds intriguing, seems like a lot of tours available, is it really interesting is my big question.

I enjoyed the underground tour. A bit cheesy but very entertaining

visiting the Chihuly garden area(is it pretty outside there too?)

The Chihuly garden area is accessible only through the museum. I don't recall there being anything free to see outside the gates. You might be able to see some of the bigger pieces from outside the fence, but I don't recall.

The underground tour was a highlight of our family the last time we were in Seattle. Very interesting, and the first thing I would recommend for anyone visiting seattle. My kids got a kick out of the gum wall as well. Unfortunately for the OP I don't think it is accessible, and most of the touristy parts of Seattle are on a hill :(

About the wheel chair, you should be fine in the market. I suggest you split into smaller groups to explore and set up a meeting place. A train of 10 people isn't going to work well. There are all sorts of people zipping around Seattle in motorized wheel chairs. It may mean a more indirect route. All transit is wheelchair assessable.

An earlier poster is right, you can't really see anything @ Chihuly without going in. The international fountain at the Seattle Center is fun to watch.

About the wheel chair, you should be fine in the market. I suggest you split into smaller groups to explore and set up a meeting place. A train of 10 people isn't going to work well. There are all sorts of people zipping around Seattle in motorized wheel chairs. It may mean a more indirect route. All transit is wheelchair assessable.

An earlier poster is right, you can't really see anything @ Chihuly without going in. The international fountain at the Seattle Center is fun to watch.

Thanks for the information. We are looking into hotels that will allow us to use public transportation. I am hoping the only shuttle service we will need is to and from the pier.

is the light rail easy to access from the airport with no car?

Thanks- we'll be there for one day next week! I think we'll take the light rail in,and definitely go to MoPop....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter