A Few Cancun Questions

MTMom

Disney Addict
We are taking the children to Cancun on Thursday for a 3 night stay at the Gran Caribe Real. My first question is about immigration: my husband and I both have passports, my kids do not. Can we go thru the passport line, or because the kids just have birth certificates, do we have to go thru the birth certificate line? Also, has anyone stayed at the Gran Caribe Real before? I've read many positive reviews on other message boards, but I really trust the opinion of travelers who love Disney, because they truly know what service and amenities should be. This is the first time we have taken our children out of the USA, and I want it to be a positive one, so any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone.:smooth:

when we went through customs they didn't have a seperate line for passports and birth certificates. it just goes faster if you have a passport.

bag searches are interesting. you go through this gate and push a button by a traffic signal thing. if it's green you get to go through but if it's red your bags get checked. all random. when you are leaving it's a little more difficult. the have a whole bunch of tables and they search practically everyone. if you get stuck in this one, even your most neatly folded clothes will be a mess. if they're all occupied and there's a lot of people, esp. behind you, you get through without a search. fortunately i made it through all the check points without being searched because they didn't want to cause a back up.

hope this helps.

Have a great trip.Please let us know how your trip was. We are thinking about going to Cancun with the kids over Easter break.

Dear Chelsea and Austin's Mom,

I will post back on this thread when we return from Cancun. This is actually our 3rd time to visit, but the first time to bring the kids. I am a travel agent, and this steal-of-a-deal came across my desk last week, so we decided to jump on it. If I had more time to plan, I'd take the kids to the Crown Paradise resort in Cancun, it's super for kids! It has a water park and kid's club that is unbelieveable, and it's a 5* resort. I would be very happy to help you plan your trip, I can really help you find the perfect resort and the lowest price. My email is audirsch@cox-internet.com, and I'd love to hear from you. What city will you be flying out of? Hope you don't mind my soliciting you, but most of my clients I have met over the internet, and it's just the best way to business. These days, everything is e-tickets, even hotel and transportation vouchers! Hope to hear from you, thx/Annetta

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter