A&E Series about Laci Peterson

She posted up thread that she was talking about the thread and not the show when mentioning "no harm in open discussion" it confused me because the thread is about the show.

I guess I see the thread as a discussion about the show, and since the show is about Scott Peterson, the "open discussion" is about him. I don't know what the problem with discussing the show or anything about the murder or trial, is.
It's an open discussion, anything is fair game in that right?

I guess I see the thread as a discussion about the show, and since the show is about Scott Peterson, the "open discussion" is about him. I don't know what the problem with discussing the show or anything about the murder or trial, is.
It's an open discussion, anything is fair game in that right?

Sure. I get the impression the op fell for the nonsense in the show, hook, line and sinker and doesn't like so many pointing out what crap it all is.
It appears to me that people often fall back to the "there's nothing wrong with discussion" "all sides should be considered" when they are wrong. It's a default argument to dismiss something you don't want to hear or because you don't want to admit you had bad information.
You (general you, not you) watched a tv show and fell for the argument it was selling Turns out, it wasn't accurate. Ok, great now you realize you can't so easily believe everything just because it's on tv. Learn that lesson, don't just dismiss it because "there's always another side" "discussion is important".

Sure. I get the impression the op fell for the nonsense in the show, hook, line and sinker and doesn't like so many pointing out what crap it all is.
It appears to me that people often fall back to the "there's nothing wrong with discussion" "all sides should be considered" when they are wrong. It's a default argument to dismiss something you don't want to hear or because you don't want to admit you had bad information.
You (general you, not you) watched a tv show and fell for the argument it was selling Turns out, it wasn't accurate. Ok, great now you realize you can't so easily believe everything just because it's on tv. Learn that lesson, don't just dismiss it because "there's always another side" "discussion is important".

Yep, you got me - nailed it. I'm so upset with strangers on a discussion board showing me that the information in the show was crap. Please. I even admitted after some others responded with information about the boat that they were right. I think some people are taking this way too personal with comments like, "I can't possibly believe anyone actually thinks he might be innocent." Give me a break, I started this thread to discuss the case/show, whatever, because I thought it was interesting, not to get a bunch of snark from people who apparently know better than I do about the case. I had an open mind when hearing the other side obviously because I said that the boat information the defense provided was inaccurate. I don't care whether Scott is guilty or innocent. If doesn't affect me at all. I just thought it was interesting.

Ready for the responding snark in 3, 2, 1.....

Yep, you got me - nailed it. I'm so upset with strangers on a discussion board showing me that the information in the show was crap. Please. I even admitted after some others responded with information about the boat that they were right. I think some people are taking this way too personal with comments like, "I can't possibly believe anyone actually thinks he might be innocent." Give me a break, I started this thread to discuss the case/show, whatever, because I thought it was interesting, not to get a bunch of snark from people who apparently know better than I do about the case. I had an open mind when hearing the other side obviously because I said that the boat information the defense provided was inaccurate. I don't care whether Scott is guilty or innocent. If doesn't affect me at all. I just thought it was interesting.

Ready for the responding snark in 3, 2, 1.....

All this post does is show how defensive you are. You got duped by a show.. It's fine.. Just understand that and learn from it.

All this post does is show how defensive you are. You got duped by a show.. It's fine.. Just understand that and learn from it.

Yes oh woe is me. I shall never make the mistake of believing a TV show again. I'll go sit in the corner now and make sure I've learned my lesson.

Dont feel bad. I think they made several good and valid points.

Yeah I don't feel bad. I just can't believe the way some people are sitting up on their high horse on this thread and talking down to me like I'm a child. It's ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter