A different kind of trip. Advice needed.

#1hoosierfan

DIS Veteran
We were in Disney when Hurricane Matthew rolled thru. Due to the park closure, we were given 1 day non-expiring park hoppers. We are going next week during what was going to be our "Universal only trip."

We were given a number and told we can cannot get the tickets early. We would have to do same day. We are planning to get an Uber and arrive at the gate by 8am for a 9:00 MK opening.

I have told everyone in the family to choose one or two must do attractions. The plan is to go directly to Space M then head directly to Splash M, then pirates, Jungle cruise and HM. Whatever is after that is a bonus. We then plan to head to Epcot, ride TT single rider, and walk around world showcase. If Star Tours is not too busy we will hope HS and then head to AK to finish the night.

Question.... Will I be able to make FP without having a magic band? Do I have to use the kiosk and then scan paper tickets? Do you've think our best bet is to use the FP in AK. We really want to do EE, Safari, and Dinosaur. Not sure there would even be a same day FP?

If you read this far, thanks! I'm normally a crazy planner, so this is totally new territory for me.

That's interesting. We were suppose to go to the MNSSHP during Hurricane Matthew too and opted for the 1 day park hopper pass. Disney sent me an email with our park tickets attached and I loaded that to our MDE and I was able to schedule out fastpasses 60 days in advance. We went last month for a "different kind of trip" too, though we stayed on property, so we had magic bands. I assume they'll give you cards that you can use for fp. I think you'll have the most luck with fp at MK on the same day. I wonder if you could load your ticket to MDE once you get it, so you could make fp from your phone?

FWIW, We did the express transportation and hopped three parks. (this was during Easter week, so pretty busy). We were able to do most of our favorite rides at MK, 3 rides at Ep (which we fp), and 1 (EE, with an hour wait-crazy) at AK. We also did Yak & Yeti for lunch and BOG for dinner that day. We had the best time doing disney in one day.

That's interesting. We were suppose to go to the MNSSHP during Hurricane Matthew too and opted for the 1 day park hopper pass. Disney sent me an email with our park tickets attached and I loaded that to our MDE and I was able to schedule out fastpasses 60 days in advance. We went last month for a "different kind of trip" too, though we stayed on property, so we had magic bands. I assume they'll give you cards that you can use for fp. I think you'll have the most luck with fp at MK on the same day. I wonder if you could load your ticket to MDE once you get it, so you could make fp from your phone?

FWIW, We did the express transportation and hopped three parks. (this was during Easter week, so pretty busy). We were able to do most of our favorite rides at MK, 3 rides at Ep (which we fp), and 1 (EE, with an hour wait-crazy) at AK. We also did Yak & Yeti for lunch and BOG for dinner that day. We had the best time doing disney in one day.

Interesting for sure! I think I will call today and see if we can go ahead and get the tickets. Maybe the CM I was talking to was misinformed about having to get them the same day.

If you have your MagicBands from last year they will work for this trip too. They don't expire, they just point to your MDE account so can be used for any ticket attached to that account.

Thank you for the replies. I think I can round up Magic Bands from past trips.

I called customer service today, and I cannot activate the tickets over the phone. We arrive Saturday evening and don't plan to go to WDW until Tuesday. The CM suggested that we go to guest services in DIsney Springs and get the tickets and have them linked to my MDE then. Hopefully the few day lead time can get me a few fP's.

I have told everyone in the family to choose one or two must do attractions. The plan is to go directly to Space M then head directly to Splash M, then pirates, Jungle cruise and HM. Whatever is after that is a bonus. We then plan to head to Epcot, ride TT single rider, and walk around world showcase. If Star Tours is not too busy we will hope HS and then head to AK to finish the night.

You may want to rethink the order of parks. AK has a late EMH from 11-1 am for onsite guests. It will be VERY crowded by the time you get there. If you start there instead of end there, you should be able to do the three rides you want without a FP.

I second the purchase of the express bus pass for this day. It will save you lots of time.

If you have your MagicBands from last year they will work for this trip too. They don't expire, they just point to your MDE account so can be used for any ticket attached to that account.

You may want to rethink the order of parks. AK has a late EMH from 11-1 am for onsite guests. It will be VERY crowded by the time you get there. If you start there instead of end there, you should be able to do the three rides you want without a FP.

I second the purchase of the express bus pass for this day. It will save you lots of time.

I thought of that too. I think I will look at FP availability and decide then. I would also like to see the new show at MK and that would allow us to do so.

Thank you for the replies. I think I can round up Magic Bands from past trips.

I called customer service today, and I cannot activate the tickets over the phone. We arrive Saturday evening and don't plan to go to WDW until Tuesday. The CM suggested that we go to guest services in DIsney Springs and get the tickets and have them linked to my MDE then. Hopefully the few day lead time can get me a few fP's.
I used guest services in disney springs and was Misinformed and wasted so much time. I would suggest using guest services at the first park you go to.
After speaking with guest services via phone, it was a complaint they often heard about disney Springs guest services. You stand on a line to give in your name. You wait... wait some more, get with a CM and then Hope u are given accurate info and the process was completed correctly.

For us, a ton of wasted time and it required us to spend over 2 hours of our last nite of vacation headed back to Disney springs to get it resolved.
The apology and free fastpasses for the future don't make up for Misformation and 4 plus wasted hours!

I'd not return there for guidance with anything. And It was mobbed to boot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter