A Blast From The Past...A YOLO Staycation Updated 3/19

Oh wow! Yeah, for someone already not liking that, it would have been horrible! I personally love the Skyliner, but know not everyone does.

I looove Boma! Just so yummy! I guess though not everyone does!

Weirdly, I'm not craving hot dogs!

I love the skyliner, the joy of finding out which one you will be getting is surprisingly fun.
Boma was good, don;t get me wrong. But I think I want to try it for dinner next time.

Joining the Pride Lands

Now normally when it comes to a party night most people have their costumes finished and just need to throw it on before heading off to the park. That was not the case with us, we had a hot glue gun plugged in ready to glue the costume to us at this point.

As soon as we booked this trip is was an automatic question of what are we going to do for the party? When Erin and I did FoF I thought thats it I won’t be able to top that costume. But I had something else up my sleeve and I had no clue if it was even possible. But like FoF I’m obsessed with FotLK and we were determined to make those costumes.
The real question is how did I ever find friends who put up with my elaborate ideas?!

49490443207_35d59e885d.jpg

I would like dollar tree table clothes, staples and hot glue for making this dream come true

49490460232_bd2b7d0763.jpg

49490234601_e34039008b.jpg

49490443187_8e88b38bc4.jpg

49490443147_edbd58b39a.jpg

And while we all worked hard on our costume, Joe stole the show. And the best part about his costume was when he asked if I thought he would get in trouble for wearing his old Disney name tag.

49490448192_ac5f5c3881.jpg

Then we took a million more photos because we were just so proud of how we looked.

49490251671_e17a65752a.jpg

49490443202_de329f4f35.jpg

We all hopped onto the golf cart to head to the boat dock. While the cart doesn’t even go that fast we were dying! First our head pieces were not a mood, and the wind made it feel like every part of our costumes were going to fall apart.

49489736143_e904d4876c.jpg

With much laughter, we parked the cart and got in line for the boat.
I’m socially awkward and our costumes weren’t helping because it was just comment after comment, glance after glance.

The wind was strong on the dock and I refused to have bay lake take part of my costume.

49489749713_9880b5c78b.jpg

We managed to make it to the kingdom in one piece. And hopefully the rain would not come out and play because we had no time for that.

49490238296_596b9a7baa.jpg

We didn’t make it into the park before a random guy came running up to us asking if he could get a picture of us. This would happen so many times tonight and each time it was weird.
After a few comments from the CMs working we got our wristbands and we were off to my favorite party of the year.

49490447457_7e9668b62b.jpg

49489750253_d4b4443484.jpg

Right when we arrived we wanted to get more photos…typical.
So first up we headed to the hub to get some with the castle in the background.

49489978743_028d144751.jpg

49489978733_1f5c1b5e13.jpg

49490477761_a668cda948.jpg

As we were doing our own thing, a guy came up and asked if he could get a picture with us. He wasn’t at all embarrassed however the friend he was with seemed to be. But she gladly snapped a picture for him and then he was handing out high fives left and right.

We still had quite some time to kill before the party officially started, So with that we headed to adventure land to find more spots to take pictures. At this point we weren’t willing to wait for rides and with all the safety pins holding us together we were afraid to risk it so soon into the night

49490703407_70f5e0586b.jpg

49489994113_3ef9964750.jpg

49490703682_7f54fd702f.jpg

While I was making Erin break Disney rules and pick up props to take photos, another person came up to us asking if she could get a picture. And by this point we should have probably just had our own meet and greet set up.

We randomly made our way into frontierland. We were “lost and confused” none of us had a plan of what to do. But not to worry pirates was right around the corner and that is normally one of those rides we wait for when we don’t know what to do.

But before we even made it back to adventure land we found ourselves pulling over to the side to fix our costumes. Hold up stage manager we have a costume malfunction

49490703832_3a8fa8f0b2.jpg

As soon as we booked this trip is was an automatic question of what are we going to do for the party? When Erin and I did FoF I thought thats it I won’t be able to top that costume. But I had something else up my sleeve and I had no clue if it was even possible. But like FoF I’m obsessed with FotLK and we were determined to make those costumes.
The real question is how did I ever find friends who put up with my elaborate ideas?!
Omg I love it! (I think I remember seeing some photos on insta, but this is even better!)

And I love that you have “found your people” who are happy to get in on your crazy awesome ideas!

Omg I love it! (I think I remember seeing some photos on insta, but this is even better!)

And I love that you have “found your people” who are happy to get in on your crazy awesome ideas!

Thank you!
Honestly I would be lost without them

All I can say is "OMG" you win on the costumes. Great job! Y'all look fabulous.

Thank you so much!

Your costumes are amazing! Great job making them!

Thank you! It was quite the process in making them

Party Time Means Candy!!!

We headed over to pirates and since it wasn’t yet party time there was no pirates inside the ride at the time and normal guests were still getting on. Don’t mind the overly dressed people in the back of your boat

49513794122_97036da94e.jpg

As we were walking out of pirates a plaid came up to quickly say how awesome we looked. As I turned too see who it was I saw Todd pass by. Do I know Todd…no but he use to work with Alish, so I texted her right away to see if he was now a plaid and turns out he is.

After that, 2 managers came up and asked if they could take our picture. Random but ok.
Then at this point Alish texted me saying her friend Tyson wanted to see us since he was also going to the party. She told me to keep an eye out for him.

We decided we wanted to get space mountain in the dark done at the beginning of the party so we headed over to tomorrowland. As we were headed towards the hub the treat shift CMs were heading to their spots and I chatted with two of them about our costumes and how it was little all hot glue that held mine together.

When we were passing through the hub over to tomorrowland Tyson found us right away. He came up to us and said “I’m Alicia’s friend tyson” I knew of him but never met him, plus I knew he was a big taylor swift fan and I’m all about that. So we got a quick picture and headed our separate ways.

49513968947_a9fdb00556.jpg

We didn’t make it far before another set of managers stopped us to ask for a picture, and this is when we learned that all the managers take pictures of their favorite costumes of the night.

Once we finally made it too tomorrowland we made a pitstop at the launching pad so Erin could get some water. Then it was straight to space when it hit 7pm. Happy party time!

49513053503_5556093fea.jpg

49513571266_4c34185331.jpg

We loved the thrilling ride in the dark back in August when we did it. However this time we waited for it too be pitch black only for it too be ruined by the people mover being down and having its lights on. So instead of not seeing the track we saw the track and it was lame.

By this point we were ready to eat and maybe we should have done that sooner before the party started but we didn’t. And tonight we headed over to Columbia Harbor house, we hardly ever eat here but Brittany wanted the lobster roll and the rest of us got the nuggs.

49513053573_d941a7d5df.jpg

As we were all enjoying our meal we watched as a poor dad carrying a tray of pop drop it and the CMs who only had the smallest napkins to try and clean it up. It was a mess. We didn’t want to waste too much time eating, so we quickly ate before headed off to figure out what party activity too do.

It was still way to early to find a spot for the parade so we did the best thing about the party and went off to the treat trails. First up was golden horseshoe and their lovely table set up for the queue

49513041683_47ef40d6cd.jpg

Then it was over to the country bears, which I wish they had the bears singing while you go through to get your candy, that would be the dream.

49513052998_ac3f68bc76.jpg

49513570716_cf30f178c6.jpg

49513558756_af25574755.jpg

We headed to the rest of the trails in frontier land, over at Splash and then Tom Sawyers. As this point Erin’s costume was coming undone as safety pins were stabbing her in the leg. So we pulled off to the side and realized that we could never sell our costumes even if we wanted too.

It was about that time too find a spot for the parade so we headed down the parade route to find a spot. There was a nice open spot in front of Country bears so we made ourselves comfortable and waited.

49513781472_41fe82a140.jpg

Live always the parade was the best. We managed to get one to the girls in the Incredibles section break characters as she saw us and gasped at our costume but quickly caught herself. One of the skeleton band members also made sure to applaud us for our costumes.

Once the parade ended we decided to jump back in line for the country bear treat trail because it was right there.

An End to a Spooktacular Celebration

After a few treat trails we headed toward the hub to find somewhere to get Joe something to drink. Every cart had a long line and the hub was packed with people getting ready for the fireworks. He decided to wait and we tried to find a spot to watch Jack and sneak out, we weren’t in dire need to watch the fireworks but since we couldn't see the Jack puppet during our last party we decided to give it another chance.

We found the worst spot of the fireworks but best spot just to see the castle stage. Right outside of the liberty square in front of the “newer” pillar against the railing. No one was standing nor rushing here because it just is not good for firework viewing. At this point we were standing there for a good 15 minutes, making constant eye contact with the PAC CM telling people they couldn’t stand in the middle of the walkway. Then next thing we know he comes up to us saying we couldn’t stand there….5 minutes before the show, and we were kind of mad.

49513781607_eeea030743.jpg

We ended up moving near strollers that were parked out of the way. The show soon started and we stood and watched the quick Jack portion and then headed back into Liberty Square. There was no line at sleepy hallow thanks to the fireworks so Joe got his drink and I decided to get the waffle sundae. I loved the pumpkin spice waffle sundae they had years prior. This year it was changed to chocolate waffles (which honestly just tasted like plain waffles) and pumpkin ice cream. The ice cream was a 10 out of 10.

49513794737_57939c6062.jpg

We watched the fireworks from the side for a little bit, this gave Joe a chance to see/ make his own opinion on it. And then we headed off to HM and just in time because it started to rain.

49513558551_10856023f4.jpg

We came at the right time because there was hardly a line.
I was all ready for the new photo pass picture that is snapped but jokes on me we never got it so cool.

After our ride through the mansion we came out and it seemed to have rained good. Brittany was in the mood for a snack so after deciding which party treat she wanted we headed back over to Frontierland. There she got the caramel pretzel and an apple cider slushie. And all we have is this blurry picture, however its ok because she said the pretzel was awful and would not recommend it, the slushy was good

49513041658_29e4550f39.jpg

The rain came back so while we were hiding underneath shelter waiting for water cups, thats when someone came up to me and goes “Hi Sam, I follow you on Instagram” It was great meeting Tiffany, her friend seemed a little embarrassed that she came up to me randomly.

The rain didn’t seem like it was going to end anytime soon so we decided to head to main street. The joy of wet sneakers if never fun. We made sure to hit ever treat trail we passed on our way. First spot was Tortuga and there was a poor little cat trying to get away from the guests, and I was just confused because I thought this was disney world and not disneyland.

Next up was Jungle Cruise and they gave us a good amount so we did that trail twice. One of the treat shift CMs literally bowed down too us and it was super awkward however I greatly appreciate all the candy we got because of our costumes.

We got all the candy we needed, the rain was still a thing and all thats left for us to do was watch the last parade, but with the rain we didn’t even know if it would go. So we just decided to call it a night. We got to Main Street and Erin got the halloween shirt. I was back and forth between getting one, I decided to pass this year because it just wasn’t calling too me.

And with that we headed out and called it an end of MNSSHP 2019

49513793797_ca2c3d0c11.jpg

49513041493_7ec1b9f9b4.jpg

It was our lucky night because the boat was at the dock when we got there, however we got stuck standing. But I would take that over waiting for another boat to come.
When we made it back to Fort Kiss, Joe and Erin ran to get the cart, while I waited with brittany because we weren’t in the mood for wet sandy shoes.

As we were waiting for them to scoop us up, Kiss is taking out a row of golfcarts, literally side swiping one. Everyone, even strangers were dying from laughter. And then we were expected to get on with him.

Joe and Kiss seemed to be having the time of their lives laughing as they were being pelted by the rain on the way back. We headed to the front to drop Joe off at his car. He was on animal duty at home, so while he could have just crashed at the cabin he had to get back home. Brittany forgot that she left her things in his car so we had to back track to make a quick pass before heading back to the cabin.

I cannot even begin to explain the joy of getting out of those wet costumes and it wasn’t long before we were all passed out. I was not even aware of Alish coming back from work…we all zonked hard.​

I Love Adventure

Today was an animal kingdom morning, so we were up and out the door by 9. When we made it to the front the bus was waiting and the bus driver was trying to be funny as he said he only had one spot left. Even if it wasn’t a joke I was getting on. Sorry, bye Brittany and Erin I will see you AK. We all got to AK together though, and we somehow got stuck behind a guy with a million little zippers on his backpack at bag check.

First things first, Starbs because how can you say no when you have all your snack credits to use? Once we got through the not so very long line we took our drinks over to Dinoland USA to catch us yet another dino. As we passed Flame Tree Brittany commented on how much she loves it there, as she always does. Kiss tried lying saying he has never been there. He has back in the day.

We all still had our drinks by the time we got to Dinosaur so we found a curb and made ourselves comfortable. As we waited Kiss tried quizzing me to see if I knew the original name of Dinosaur….Countdown to Extinction, I think he thought I wouldn't know this? Because of this I was going to say something like the Land Before Time where you caught yourself a little foot. But once I thought of old movies we watched as kids, Timmy the tooth came back into mind and I thought Brittany was going to kill me. But what can I say I love adventure!

49522950138_083d88e0a4.jpg

We finally made it into the line and I made myself comfy in the pre-show room. Kiss judge but hey its first thing in the morning and we have all day to run around…but then it wasn’t too long till Erin was full on laying on the floor and I was the judging.

49523684192_9ebc5ff079.jpg

The back row means we were going to be yet again a tossed dino salad.

49526741163_f1fc2eab7c.jpg

After Dinosaur we headed over to Everest. As we waited in line we all laughed at all the memes going around about the skyline crash. But the best one was a tweet from Disco Yeti

49526800333_3203b4d90e.jpg

Once we caught a glimpse of the disco yeti we tried to make it too the 11 o'clock show for lion king. We made it to the theater on time however the line to get in wasn’t promising and we knew we wouldn’t make it in even if we jumped into the line.

49522950043_c6eafa9211.jpg

Sadly with no Lion King we decided to head over to Pandora, and at this point Timmy the tooth was still stuck in my head. So while we crossed over the bridge I just kept singing it while making up my own dance to the theme song. Brittany asked if thats what he does…but no because he is a tooth, he doesn’t have legs.

We found a table at the canteen and waiting for Alish. She decided to sleep in for a bit after working last night. When she said she was finally at the park we decided to go up and order.

This meal will always be a 10 out of 10. And its always nice to get Erin’s sauce for myself because he likes her food dry apparently, but its a perk for me and my love for the creamy herb dressing.

49523687742_21b44a2a12.jpg

We didn’t rush and enjoyed our meal. During this time we tried to get Brittany a FP for the safari. At the time we got FP Brittany had to renew her AP so once she did there wasn’t any for the safari. However we used one of Alish guest passes so we were planning to just switch it over to Brittany’s but she somehow got lucky and got a FP while sitting at lunch.

And with that we all headed over to see some animals, and just our luck again because a lot of animals were out today

49523466691_a547a026cd.jpg

One day I will suck it up and pay the price to do this tour

49523470381_1bda10e84c.jpg

49522952763_9a15bfe3c6.jpg

49522951618_83b6f5402d.jpg

49523686822_902384b4ca.jpg

The most important thing I learned on this safari was that I was a lion when I need to be a giraffe… lions sleep their day away from giraffes sleep for 30 mins max.

49523685832_ac3d0eb996.jpg

49523469056_6c07c0b328.jpg

Overall our safari was great, and as soon as we got off our safari we headed straight for the train to head to Rafiki’s.​

He Looks Up Grinning Like a Devil

Rafiki’s planet watch has now become a must do for me, the animation experience is my favorite. It was a big thing to do on the old YOLO trips, we always found ourselves at the animation academy at studios and when they got rid of it it was the saddest news.
It just felt right to drag everyone to rafikis to draw.
We jumped right into the line once we got there.

49523470106_17bf417fe1.jpg

49523467166_e44dc1eaa1.jpg

The only negative thing about this drawing class is that it seems to only be Lion King characters to promote the new movie. And with that today we were drawing pumba. The CM leading the class was loving her job, she just kept laughing at herself.

49523469741_0ee455ef03.jpg

After the class we jumped on the next train back and by the time we got back it started raining. We ended up running into the bakery right across the way to get some shelter and use some snack credits.

49523685847_9641b6129f.jpg

49523685942_401848ce45.jpg

The rain didn’t seem like it would be stopping any time soon and at this point it was still a light sprinkle where it was manageable. Once everyone got their cookies Brittany was in search of a different snack but decided nothing was calling her

49522952363_11b3155fa1.jpg

We accomplished what we wanted and decided to call it a day at DAK. As soon as we were crossing over the harambe bridge the sky opened and it was every man for himself. By the time we made it out of the park the rain was coming down sideways.

49522950863_6426cecf24.jpg

49522951588_f715bfbc43.jpg

When we got back to Fort we came to learn that our golf cart had become our very own splash mountain. As soon as we took off all the water stored on top of the cart came crashing down.
When we got back to the cabin I headed straight to the back room to lay down.

Welcome to my HOH room! Just kidding I’m not the one in charge of plans tonight.
Our only plans were going to dinner after that our night was free, all the parks closed early tonight so I didn’t really care where we went or what we did. But lucky for me no one else could make up there minds.

At this point Brittany realized that she didn’t have clothes for work tomorrow. She contemplated whether or not to head home since it was a drive and we had dinner soon. Kiss and Alish at this point headed out to joy ride and fill up their cups. And Brittany asked if I would go for a ride with her. Erin joined along and we drove back to Brittany’s home.

By this point it was DOWNPOURING but we enjoyed the long drive by singing along to Taylor swifts new album, Erin had the joy of us serenading her the whole time. When we got to her home Erin got a quick tour, Brittany grabbed her clothes, and we hung out with all her animals. I sent a picture to Kiss telling him I got the cat and to be ready to take him home.

49545271688_87382d9ac3.jpg

But lets be real we all love a model cat

49546000512_2785d3cc05.jpg

With all the attention I was giving Milo I had to give some love to Ari her dog and ended up falling through the baby gate, which Erin managed to get a video of. So cute we love that.
It was a short visit because we had to get back for dinner, on our way back I managed to switch our reservation to a little later which helped us.

It was another round of the Lover album sing along as we headed back to Disney property.
By the time we got back to the cabin it was time to head to dinner. Luckily we were eating at Fort tonight so it was just a quick golf cart ride away. However some people in the group were slow as molasses…

49545295993_a15303f012.jpg

Finally everyone crammed onto the cart and we were off to trails end and ready for all the fixins

49545798046_d684fb3056.jpg

Who's Underpants?!

Trails end was no ones pick, since we had 4 credits I let everyone pick where they wanted to eat since the past trips I always took the took credit picks. Erin didn’t care and therefore didn’t really use her pick. So I threw out some options and everyone mutual agreed to Trails end, because its great and why not get the whole fort experience.

Trails end shares a kitchen with hoop so if you like hoop food, and more options this is a great option. Tonight Kiss created a new secret menu item and honestly I went up maybe 3 times for it. Tonights soup option was broccoli cheddar, however it was super thick. Still good though, but what made it better was adding the mac and cheese.

49554480026_291eb677bd.jpg

I ate my weight in cornbread and got super sad when I could hear the hoop music playing in the kitchen when I went to get more food. It felt like we spent 2 hours sitting and eating, but there is nothing wrong with that at all.

During dinner Justin fell asleep at the table, like hard. By the end of the meal it was the start of Sam getting annoyed, since Justin was the 6th person we were once again put at that automatic gratuity and with it being a buffet it was a bit more pricey. I wouldn’t be so annoyed if the one making us pay it chipped in to pay the tip, but that wasn’t the case….so theres that.

When we made it back to the cabin no one made a plan, and I decided I wasn’t going to be the one trying to make everyone go to a park for an hour. So plopped on the bed and everyone complained telling me to wake up and stop being a party pooper. However they all managed to follow suit and lay around. At this point Erin had someone managed to get Brittany to turn on me as they came at my life, and started to list pros and cons…shut that down immediately. And because I know Erin will read this...bad quality, getting everyone to agree with your theories
We all just laid there in the dark on our phones not talking, when Brittany put on Shots and it turned into a club for .5 seconds, Brittany and Kiss were in charge of the strobe lights while I used every last bit of energy jumping on the bed.

If a party is what you want then a party is what you shall get. I left the room and made a drink and asked them who wanted to go driving around to look at decorations. Erin was the DD for the night because Brittany brought a bag of shot bottles to enjoy along the way.

49553988838_25990ddebb.jpg

Alish and Justin stayed at the cabin and played mario cart.
The four of us jumped on the cart and headed off to find us some good halloween decor.
Brittany was in charge of being the DJ and since none of us brought a portable speaker we had to pretend like the phone in a cup trick actually worked. This was the night when I learned Brittany did not know the bop that is Truth Hurts by Lizzo, so I made sure to sing it loud enough for all of fort to hear.

49554480886_3a1f31cfaf.jpg

49553988043_aa4d5be1ec.jpg

49554723497_7735bcfb6f.jpg

49553988283_5252686f4a.jpg

49554724112_840c3b0534.jpg

49554724227_acd4421fff.jpg

49554724387_b8b4097c0a.jpg

Now the funnest thing that happened on this joy ride was when we were passing a site and their skeleton animal fell over. Kiss trying to be the hero jumped off the cart to put it back up right. Turns out it just didn’t want to stand up and kept falling over. We didn’t want to be caught looking like we were talking decorations or wrecking them, so Erin started driving while kiss ran from the scene and Brittany was dying.

49554723957_048a886121.jpg

Along with that I found more reasons to love fort, because honestly when don’t I?
To add to the never ending list, is when I saw the cutest family ride by on their bikes with them all lit up. What a cute Disney family…sign me up.

49558722328_8aecac3bf9.jpg

The joys of getting lost at fort is always high on my list. However in the long run it is actually really hard to get lost. But it was dark, and we headed down a road that at the end was blocked off. We however stayed and parked in the little lot near the pond and watched the fireworks go off over the trees. It was so peaceful, we were the only ones around. And if we weren’t on Disney property I would probably fear for my life. However instead we enjoyed our private viewing as Brittany put on Hallowishes (shocker)

49559456832_72fc765d2c.jpg

We headed back to the cabin around 9:30 and at the point we had been out for a solid hour or so. By the time we got back we all decided that we were in need of snacks and our cabin was lacking. So I drove us to the meadows, get in losers were going shopping.

And reason number 982 why fort is great, because Churro popcorn can be difficult to find but the fort came through.

49554481496_b20a7c5214.jpg

We all seemed to go for our usuals, mine churro popcorn, Erin got her bag of mickey pretzels and Brittany got herself a minnie bakeshop cookie.

We were all having a great night, we headed back to the cabin to chill. 
When we got back we found a present on our bed…and Kiss’s face explains that it wasn’t what we wanted.

49559216611_744c51a9c2.jpg

We all were annoyed, we all got a laugh and then we all called it a night after making a plan tomorrow. Brittany was headed back to work, while the rest of us were planning to hit up the MK bright and early.​

Galactic Hero Status

My alarm went off at 6am and that was a funny joke a played on myself today. Hit that snooze right away and ended up moving around 6:30. Still early but I made myself believe that that extra half hour really helped me. We somehow managed to stick to the plan we made the night before, we were out of the cabin before 7. We left Brittany sleeping because she didn’t have to get to work till 8:30.

We headed over to the boat dock by 7 and waited for a boat to come get us.

49562839281_70cc310a2d.jpg

49562840411_eb5194c66e.jpg

This mornings weather was messing with my head. It was breezy and a bit chilly but then it was also super muggy and I didn’t know if I was hot or cold.

49562340073_877140ac2d.jpg

Thanks to extra extra magic hours at studios, every other park had morning EMHs to help with crowds. And if we know anything about me, I tend to try to take advantage of every EMHs as I can, morning or night. And in recent years I find that the morning ones tend to be more worth while.

With that being said MK opened at 7am, we knew we wouldn’t get there that early however we didn’t make it to the park before 8 and thats all that matters.

49562838886_3a9929e6b3.jpg

49563067462_dd569ceaae.jpg

49563067027_0396788331.jpg

Before we hit up any attractions, we found ourselves at starbucks. This is normally not a thing we do but when one has snack credits it just seems like a good idea. Once everyone got there drinks we decided to go to the only open land…tomorrowland. As we were walking through the hub, we heard the music for the morning castle show.

49562839436_9d44912732.jpg

I have yet to actually be around for this, so we decided to stop and watch. I knew before that it could never beat the magic that was the originally morning show out in front. But I can say that we did it.

49563068212_9389d400fc.jpg

The new tomorrowland sign…not sure how I feel about it?

49562341513_3d65bdbeda.jpg

We weren’t nearly done with our drinks when we got to Buzz however the line was short. So we did what we had too. We hid our drinks in our bags, bless Erin for taking mine and being very cautious so it didn’t spill in her bag.
Today was going to be a good day and do you know why?
Because I somehow managed to FINALLY hit that Galactic Hero Status. How? I have no clue, just pure luck. I will say I flipped out and it was only 8am.

49563067927_94c6c62484.jpg

Alish on the other hand was not having fun, nor got that elite status

49563065807_896033d398.jpg

That however did not stop us to jump right back in line. Erin for some reason loves this ride and asked to go for another round. I knew my luck was just that luck. But we hopped back in line, being cautious of our drinks still in the back pack.

This round was no Elite status, however it still wasn’t bad and still winning.

49563067042_71f3866990.jpg

Once we finished our second round, we grabbed our drinks and tried figuring out the wait for space. Alish read “22 minutes” from across that way…wow Disney is apparently getting very approximate wait times now. When we got closer it actually said 25 minutes…could we wait those 3 extra minutes? We decided to see. And lucky for us it was actually just a walk on.

49562339998_c3687ff107.jpg

49563066277_3247a3166e.jpg

It’s always interesting to see what type of guests are going to be put into your rocket. Will I get someone who is going on it for their first time? Are they going to scream bloody murder during the whole ride? The lady with us found the ride hilarious apparently. She was constantly deep belly laughing through each drop and turn only to be contagious to all of us who joined in on the laughter.

As we made towards the exit Alish asked if the exit walk way was also pitch black during the party. Could you even imagine? Like yes you have to feel your way through like horror nights style.

Once making it back to the outside world, we lost alish to the bathroom and we decided to jump in line again since it was a walk on.

49562838341_e6cb092eae.jpg

Is This Typhoon Lagoon?

We spent all the morning in Tomorrowland and needed a new change of scenery. So we headed across the way over to Adventureland.

Did someone say Adventure?!

49576053356_be08f45c04.jpg

I suggested Jungle cruise because who doesn’t want to enjoy some awful puns that you heard one to many times? Well turns out that it was a 50 minute wait to hear those jokes and that was just not something I was willing to wait for. So we kept on walking and grabbed a photo at the tiki’s

49576017746_aa9e15835e.jpg

And “shockingly” we found ourselves getting in line for pirates

49575546333_24656e84ee.jpg

As we were walking through the queue Alish informed me that the lady who is paige turner over at studios was also doing the pirates during the halloween party and I wish I would have known that prior to going to my last party. And with a party tonight I kind of wish I bought that party pass so I could have gone to more parties.

49576281737_d6b7f8f438.jpg

With halloween parties on our minds Alish pointed out her favorite pirate. We call him flutes mi gutes…like totes ma goats. She said this would be her next costume because everyone would think she was smee with the blue and white shirt but nope Flutes mi gutes.

It was a little dreary out and we didn’t want to get rained out again like yesterday. So if the rain was coming we wanted to make sure we had time to get some pictures in front of the castle.

49576280317_c3c940452f.jpg

49576280352_47143c7f3c.jpg

49576016346_1e08c49bd8.jpg

49575509153_7002d63095.jpg

And like the best sister I am we decided to hit up the emporium to use Alish’s CM discount. But in all honestly she always says to wait for her because she has the better discount then our AP gives us. Erin picked up a few shirts and I got a sweatshirt for a lady I work with because I’m a great co-worker.

We then headed back to Tomorrowland, shocker, because our Fps were officially starting for the day. And first up, another round in Space.

49576017966_d63e435d1d.jpg

As we were making the hike called the exit, Alish brought up how she wasn’t allowed to listen to the Lover Album until she was in Hong Kong. Her friend bought the album for her and told her that he wanted it to be an album she could always remember her experience in hong kong with. I definitely could relate to that, Taylor swifts 1989 album came out during my college program and anytime I hear a song from that its instant flashbacks to late walks home after a long night working at DTD. It makes you sad but happy all at the same time. The Lover album with just now remind her of the coronavirus though.

Whats tomorrowland without riding the people mover? Did I close my eyes during the space section where it is pitch black? Absolutely. And no one is made about it.

Erin recently made a comment to me where she had never been on the carousel so we needed to change that. So off to the carousel we went. Alish then informed us that when Mary Poppins rides it she is allowed to go on any horse except the native horse. So us natives love to hear that.

49576018201_3cf19b95da.jpg

We decided to go to Philharmagic because its there and why not? I would be lying if I said I wasn’t there for the be our guest smells because lets be real its one of the best smells in Disney.

Then it was off to Frontierland. First up Splash.
Was it a day where we needed to cool off on Splash nope not one bit. Did we decide to take our chances on getting soaked? Yes, because its my favorite and we had a FP.

49575511363_54312f8eb3.jpg

Girl she was out to play today. The hot humid summer days when you want to get completely soaked and you don’t, that is what happened today. Honestly the big drop was fine until a typhoon lagoon wave came crashing over our log and got us good.

49576017646_9723592619.jpg

Erin was the only lucky one because she just bought herself some new merch and changed right when we got off. The rest of us were stuck hoping to dry off a bit on thunder before we headed to our lunch reservation.

Could the wildest ride be more of a dryer? Maybe? but not enough.
And like every single time I am left with Erin and Kiss breaking Disney rules of keeping their arms inside the cart as they reach for the dinosaur bones. This time kiss got a battle wound hitting it. Safe D does not start with him.​

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today on the list of things to do was enjoy a nice early thanksgiving meal with Alish before Hong Kong. And there is no better place to do that than Liberty Tree, this was Kiss’s pick for the trip. Brittany was sad when she found out we were going here for lunch on a day she decided to work, but we couldn’t do dinner because of the party tonight. In the long run she used her dining credit on Joe when he came to Boma for breakfast.

49576017706_fc17d5bb2d.jpg

The trip was all about the all you care to eat meals and I was ready to tackle todays.
First out was the salad and bread….we all know not to fill up on the salad, the bread on the other hand we needed more of.

49575546543_5e6de0b65e.jpg

Then shortly later came out the real deal of this meal

49576018591_e4d1230c80.jpg

49576282172_30f97a1415.jpg

Mac and Cheese and Turkey were the popular items at the table that we ended up getting more of. We demolished this meal and it was a 10 out of 10.

While we waited for the dessert Alish asked if Justin could join us at F&W tonight. It would be one thing if Alish was going with us but she had work since it was a party night. So this is when things get awkward, everyone waited for me to answer. I said he could if he wanted too…because honestly its a free country and he is allowed to go to a park if he wants. But then I followed up with questioning what the deal was, and no one was shocked when I finally stopped biting my tongue. But in the long run I told her if he wants to go he can go.

Dessert came out and Alish asked if she would be able to change out her dessert since she didn’t want the toffee cake. Since we got the al you care to eat menu the dessert came with no options, you get what you get. However with Disney magic they were able to bring out the boston creme whoopee pie as well for the table.

The ooey gooey toffee cake wins though and we once again scarfed it down

49576053476_b6d306452f.jpg

After lunch we headed out of the park before we got stuck in the FoF crowds.

49576018476_4ba4680e4d.jpg

49585997876_0f16686403.jpg

When we got back to Fort we found that something was wrong with our cart. While we had it plugged in all night, it didn’t seem to be charged in the morning. Because of that we parked near pioneer hall because they had chargers, we put it on charge the whole time we were at MK just to come back to a cart that was practically dead. Something was definitely wrong. So Kiss went to find a CM to help, while we decided to shop at the trading post.

I already know the hoodie I was going to get and with Alish with us it was the perfect time. I also found one of those new dream pal stuffed animals which was a pua. I almost got it, because hello its pua and I had yet to see it. But Alish saw it and had to have it.

We came back out to find out that we would be switching golf carts and that the CM should be coming back with our new one soon. This wouldn’t be a problem if we didn’t decorate our cart. So we quickly ripped off all the decorations and through out what couldn’t be saved. Not too long later our new golf cart was pulling in. It was a quick switch of the keys and we were back to the cabin with a now boring golf cart because there was no point in decorating it when we have to turn it in tomorrow morning.

Since Brittany didn’t get out of work until 4:30 I decided to use this time to start packing up my things. Erin decided to take a quick nap, and thats when Kiss asked if I wanted to joy ride. When at fort you just can’t say no.

49585697416_78a2e9e20d.jpg

49585933092_eec61d3c3d.jpg

49585933237_02ba7ec102.jpg

And we finally found the site that Alish told us we needed to go find. It was an older couple who just arrived and apparently at night all the milk gallons are light up.

49585199088_389ae10a9f.jpg

We headed back to the cabin around 4:15 and I decided to try to take a nap before Brittany would be barging through the door. I probably got a solid 15 minutes of shut eye before she came into the cabin practically jumping on me shouting “Theres no sleeping in Disney!!!”

I had to drag myself out of bed and get ready for a night at F&W. Brittany seemed to bring the rain back with her so we weren’t in a big rush to Epcot. Alish was the first one to head out to go to work, we followed shortly after.

49585998021_6eb7b05210.jpg

49585932527_109550a710.jpg

As we waited for the bus I told the group once again to get the app FestivalofFood.
Thanks to twitter, I found this app which lists all of the F&W options, it gives you the location, price and picture. It is so much better than looking through the little booking trying to figure out what you want and skipping things. Instead you go through the app, add what you want to a list and boom its all laid out and well planned before you even get to the park. It was a life saver for the night. It also occupied everyone on the ride their as they all made their lists.

We all managed to be smart with how we spent our snack credits, we all basically hoarded them for tonight so we didn’t have to pay for everything. And with all the times I have come to Epcot during F&W I was finally going to actually join in on the festival and not walk around not getting anything. So ready or not F&W here we come!

49586336227_ecdf6c9784.jpg

Hello F&W

The mission tonight was F&W so once arriving we headed straight to the showcase. But like always we got stopped for some photo ops.

49606419743_d2c22cd6ab.jpg

49606928586_70a3671687.jpg

Now there are two types of people when it comes to the showcase those who go left and start with Mexico and those who go right and start with Canada. I would like to say that I am the first person who normally starts with Mexico, I blame it on my magnetic pull to Norway and there school bread. However tonight we were changing it up a bit. Most of our must get eats where located more to the right, so off to Canada it was!

Before we even made it to Canada we managed to loose Erin to the outpost for her must get snack every time we are in Epcot, her fake poutine, hold the cheese curds.

49607195342_ff34f04f31.jpg

from there we jumped right in line for some steak and soup.
And honestly that steak was the best option for a snack credit on this whole trip

49606928341_d9aa1e320d.jpg

We managed to somehow get a table, but not to worry there were some trash can tables in our near future. While we were all enjoying our Canada eats, Brittany got stuck emailing her students parents.

49607187822_0440b7b496.jpg

After Canada, we wondered through the Canada pavilion to check out the new booth for the festival. One that I was looking forward too…mostly because the decorations.
And just like Canada, everyone got something here.

Kiss went with the beer flight

49606426313_0a1eba28be.jpg

Erin got the cider flight, which honestly the best one here was the limoncello one. And if this wasn’t one of the first stops of many I would have grabbed one of those.

49606426288_7325bdd5e4.jpg

49606419748_cf46c607f9.jpg

Brittany and I went with the special drink to the booth
Apple Blossom Sky: Fanta® Apple, Ginger Beer, Floodwall Apple Brandy, Burton’s Maplewood Farm Applejack Brandy Barrel Aged Syrup and Mini Marshmallows
The marshmallows were a weird touch, mostly because it didn’t really go well with a mouthful of ice
49606628698_6ff13e5bcb.jpg

49606930216_17eda4ce83.jpg

The nice thing about this set up was that they had the railings, that you would get in trouble for sitting on when you didn’t realize it was a show you had to stand for, were converted into tables.

Disney went all out for the decorations here. So while everyone was enjoying their drinks I asked Kiss to take a picture of me. Brittany noticed and yelled from across the room why I’m so photogenic and take such cute pictures. I didn’t want to be the one to always be “lets take a picture…lets take a picture” but apparently thats what I should be doing.

49606928916_4339705270.jpg

The night was still young, but we still had a lot of booths to knock out.
So we took our drinks and headed over to the Ireland booth. Here we decided to get one of each food offering.

49607179177_c912bdd205.jpg

Brittany got the cheese dip and it tasted like one of this sauces my father makes, Kiss and Brittany both agreed. So I would give this a 10.
Kiss got the sausage and the guinness bailey shake. The sausage was ok, brittany said it was basically breakfast sausage. Kiss loved the drink, I was pleasantly surprised by it.

But the real winner was my pick, the warm chocolate pudding. It was more of a lava cake consistency rather than a pudding. But this one of my favorite things of the night.

49606418078_f47a591a1b.jpg

We managed to back track from the ireland booth. With how big this festival has gotten we went to check out the new area with all the newly built booths. First up, we stopped at Hawaii so Erin could get a fancy tiki drink. AULANI Sunrise: Vodka, DOLE® Pineapple Juice, and Grenadine

49607179202_a51e58bb72.jpg

49606928531_51e7436b6c.jpg

We headed down the path to the Coastal eats / Active eats little area.
Here Kiss got the crab cakes, which he said were all right (no one else was interested in trying it) And Erin got the Mac and Cheese, it had a nice spice kick to it but it wasn’t a must get.

49607179032_9f2c91d750.jpg

49607195337_6f75286f1e.jpg

Up next was Flavors from Fire

49606937441_84213b27b5.jpg

Kiss and Brittany had items here that they wanted to try. While they got in line Erin and I found a nice little trash can to claim.

Brittany went with the Smoked Corned Beef with Crispy Potatoes, Cheese Curds, Pickled Onions and Beer-Cheese Fondue. We liked to call this spaghetti pot roast loaded with beer cheese. It was good minus the pickled onions.

49606937486_198830a225.jpg

Kiss got the Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli. The steak was a 0 out of 10. Would not recommend. It was to chewy after eating the spaghetti pot roast. Kiss did however enjoy the corn cake and ended up throwing out the steak when no one else wanted it.

Besides the not so good food option here, he also got the Bell’s Brewery Porter, Comstock, MI which I took the opportunity to try

49606937061_d464d0ddc3.jpg

We decided to head back into the showcase and made our way to France.
The france line was a party. By this point the sun had gone down and Brittany brought up how humid tonight was. I didn’t really think this but the couple in front of us turned around and agreed with Brittany.

We decided to just opt for the drink here. I was tempted to get the cheese dip here, but after the cheese soup and cheese dip from Ireland I thought maybe I should slow down on my cheese intake.

All us girls got the La Passion Martini Slushy: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice. 10 out of 10. As soon as we got out of line there was a line for photo pass. We couldn’t say no. But as we got in line, there Erin was spilling her drink, not once or twice but a solid three times. Should we be cutting her off? Maybe… but we didn’t!

49606937306_4fce4a54ea.jpg

And with clever posing one would never notice that she spilled her drink all over herself.

49606425043_a676e2affa.jpg

Breaking Into Club 33

While we were still laughing at Erin for her unfortunate luck and clumsy hands, our next stop was suppose to be Belgium. I say suppose to because we passed by Morocco and Erin HAD to her basic strawberry daiquiri. While we waited for Erin in line we found a bench to claim as our own. At this point we could here the eat to the beat show going on. I didn’t look to see who would be here tonight but Brittany said it was boyz ll men, not in a rush to see them we hung out where we were.

Little did I know that later on in the night I would learn it wasn’t boyz ll men tonight but 98 degrees. I only bring this up now because while we waited for Erin Brittany noticed that she also got some of the slush on her white shirt, not sure if it was from herself or all the splashes from Erin, I reordered her being upset and in the background you can here them singing True to your heart from Mulan. And if this isn’t my jam…and I didn’t even realize it at the time!

Erin found us with once again not a blended up daiquiri and at this point I feel like the machine isn’t down like she said it was and she just orders it not blended.

49606929101_2e51bf2b82.jpg

We made our way to the Belgium booth, but before that we passed Brazil. There was a group that were RUSHING to that booth for the cheese bread. I looked over at Brittany and asked if she wanted to join that group. We learned 2 years ago that the hype of the cheese bread was not a good hype and this is coming from a girl who loves her cheese.

We bypassed Brazil and got in line at Belgium. It took be a solid 7+ years to finally get a waffle here. It was a tough decision between chocolate or fruit but the fruit won for me and Erin got the chocolate.

49606424818_3b49ebc7e2.jpg

I don’t know why I didn’t get one sooner. Who doesn’t love waffles drowned in fruit?!
While the waffles were a 10 out of 10, Kiss got the best thing here
Chilled Coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, it was the smallest little drink every but it was so good. First didn’t realize it was coffee, it honestly just tasted like chocolate milk. Brittany put that on her must get when she comes back.

49606419508_27343306c8.jpg

Knocking off Belgium we were onto Japan. And if you weren’t around for this years F&W festival and didn’t here everyone talk about the frothy ramen you're lucky. I had heard mixed reviews others raved while others thought it was the strangest thing.

I had no intentions of buying it or trying it. However Brittany already tried it once and said it was so good that I needed to try it. She used her snack credit on it and made me try it. It was better than I was expecting it to be. The froth on the top was what I didn’t want any part of.

49607180612_a737053b4e.jpg

We also got the steamed pork bun, which was the best thing we got here.
Kiss went with the spicy roll and was not impressed with it. I don’t like sushi so I wasn’t impressed with it from the beginning.

49606419598_04eca5746d.jpg

As we walked over to America we were on a time crunch, we had to check into our flight in a few short minutes. So while we waited for the time to pass we walked over to watch the show…which wasn’t boyz ll men, but 98 degrees. When I found this out the only song I actually know is the Mulan song and at that moment thats all I wanted them to sing.

But to our surprise they played a boy band medley, so here we were busting our moves to Bye Bye Bye as the seconds ticked down. Multitasking at its finest. We got our boarding passes and we enjoyed the music for a little bit longer. Then shortly after we lost everyone.

Now when it comes to me and Brittany we like to schedule ourselves around taking a bathroom break in america. Hands down best bathroom and I guess at this rate if you share a mutual love for a bathroom it strengthens your friendship. So while we were in the bathroom, Erin took a phone call and headed someone in the pavilion.

When I came out I found Kiss, but we managed to loose both Erin and Brittany.
Where’s Brittany? Kiss kept saying she was walking by the fountain…no Kiss that was Erin on the phone. And out of no where she comes walking up behind us. To where Kiss responding “I don’t even know where I am right now?”

Since Erin was still gabbing away, I decided to get in line for a drink.
And when in America…we must support Hanson. So here’s to Mmmhops and me from then on constantly singing Mmmbop.

49618150201_c45f7fb88b.jpg

Also while in America….we like to try to break into Club 33, still has yet to happen. Stay tuned!

49618150666_cc1353589f.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter