~A big HIGH 5 for Sheraton Vistana Resort~

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a week in Orlando and booked at Sheraton Vistana Resort using our Interval timeshare. This is the third resort we've booked through Interval and this was by far, the best one.

It was very upscale, modern and updated. The one we stayed at last year (sorry, I forget the name) while huge, was blasted right out of the 80s with pink flamingo wall paper borders and the furniture that goes with it. It was clean, and did I mention HUGE? It was like a large house. Perfect because we had 5 ppl in the unit.

The Vistana Resort was fabulous in every way. The grounds were beautiful with people doing upkeep and cleaning all the time. There was a lot of activity the entire time we were there. Several pools to choose from. A nice store, restaurants, etc.

I just can't say enough about how very nice the actual unit was. We had a 1 bedroom and it was just great. I'll post some pictures as soon as I upload to Photobucket.

The entire week cost us $300! Hard to beat.

Another perk--absolutely no hassles from sales people about timeshares or buying stuff. They just left us alone. It was great. It was near harassment at the Marriott a few years ago. This was a welcome relief.

stayed there in 2010 and just booked a return trip for 2012 using our RCI trade.... we looked at tons of places thinking we should try someplace different and then realized none of them looked as awesome as we knew Vistana was!

this will be our 'non Disney' trip -- Seaworld, Universal, hopefully Discovery Cove, maybe even a drive out to a beach.. can't wait! :goodvibes

Thanks for the post. This is helpful. Any certain requests for buildings?

Almost impossible to answer well. There are no really "bad" buildings and the resort has been recently updated throughout. A lot would depend on which amenities you want to be close to, and whether you want an active or "quiet and laid back" stay.

We've had units in 3 of the 7 sections, and all were great!

we are here now...I requested using the diamond lane form for the Lakes section and I am got my request. we are happy with our location however next time I will request the Cascades because a lot of activity happens over there (near super pool, deli, market, restaurants, etc. Most planned activities happen at the Super Pool or The Cascades. The Lakes and Cascades are the newest buildings and have elevators and the Lakes and Cascades pools are zero entry pools. The Lakes is much quieter but it is quite a hike to the Super or Cascades pools from the Lakes....we drove. The Fountains Pool is also nice with bar/food there but there are not elevators in those buildings but they have been refurbished from what I understand. Agree with OP very nice resort and TONS to keep you busy! HTH!

Oh and they also deliver meals to your unit from the on-site eateries!

Thanks for the information everybody, I am slowly familiarizing myself with the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

For a non-owner, what is the easiest way to rent and get the best price? I am looking to go in about 3.5 weeks.

Thank you!!

we are here now...I requested using the diamond lane form for the Lakes section and I am got my request. we are happy with our location however next time I will request the Cascades because a lot of activity happens over there (near super pool, deli, market, restaurants, etc. Most planned activities happen at the Super Pool or The Cascades. The Lakes and Cascades are the newest buildings and have elevators and the Lakes and Cascades pools are zero entry pools. The Lakes is much quieter but it is quite a hike to the Super or Cascades pools from the Lakes....we drove. The Fountains Pool is also nice with bar/food there but there are not elevators in those buildings but they have been refurbished from what I understand. Agree with OP very nice resort and TONS to keep you busy! HTH!

Oh and they also deliver meals to your unit from the on-site eateries!

What is the travel time to the parks at WDW? We have a trip planned in December, we have a tent site rented at FW, but a friend offered to help us stay here, for $100.00 less than our tent site. I'm concerned about the travel time, but for the money and luxury, we are beginning to think its worth it.

Travel time is in the ten minute range to any of the parking lots. It's just a right turn out of the resort and another right turn to get on the road to all the parks. You can also take a left out of the resort and go under the interstate to Downtown Disney or Typhoon Lagoon. More traffic lights that way, however.

Sheila

Do the two bedroom units have two bathrooms as well? We have 3 teens and must have 2 bathrooms.... or I'll just go crazy.

I've never stayed here but my sister did this month. They were happy with the price through Costco if you are a member.

Do the two bedroom units have two bathrooms as well? We have 3 teens and must have 2 bathrooms.... or I'll just go crazy.

Yes. With three teens, you should try for a 3br unit. Then you could have three baths and none of them would have to share a bed or sleep on the sofabed.

Sheila

Now that they've completed their resort-wide refurbishment, Vistana is back on my "list". We were in a redone Fountains unit a while back, and it was lovely.

Yes. With three teens, you should try for a 3br unit. Then you could have three baths and none of them would have to share a bed or sleep on the sofabed.

Sheila

Good news, all 2BR units have two full bathrooms, in some units the 2nd bath has a (large) shower only rather than a tub.

Unfortunately, Vistana does not offer 3BR units. There are some other fine resorts in the area that do however. The closest to a 3BR at Vistana is a Courts Townhome (upper unit) sleeps 8 (King master, 2 twin 2nd, SB loft, SB in Living Rm). These have a loft area with an additional sofa bed so it can pass as a 3rd bedroom. These are the oldest buildings, but they are the most recently renovated with completion this past summer. There are stairs (1 flight) to the uppers.

Thanks for the information everybody, I am slowly familiarizing myself with the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

For a non-owner, what is the easiest way to rent and get the best price? I am looking to go in about 3.5 weeks.

Thank you!!

Teresa has posted the link to a fine rental site. You can also rent directly from owners through Redweek or the classifieds at TUG http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/ If you don't see what you want already posted on TUG, you can post a wanted ad (very small cost), and many owners will be happy to book what you want.

Unfortunately, Vistana does not offer 3BR units.QUOTE]

My mistake. I thought the Lakes and Cascades had 3br lockoffs, but I see that you are correct and the lockoffs are only 2br as well.

As mentioned, there are many 3br choices available. Mystic Dunes has terrific 3br lockoffs. Our favorite is the Summer Bay Houses. We also stayed in a wonderful 4br unit at Lighthouse Key. Grand Beach has decent 3br units as do many of the Westgates.

I just know that none of our teens will share a bed and I don't like anyone on the sofabed because they complain when I wake up early, as I always do.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter