A Anniversary To Remember

Rod B

Disney_dada83
My wife and I are spending our 10 year anniversary by staying at the same resort we stayed during our honeymoon in Kissimmee, which is off-site but litterly right around the corner from WDW. When we first came here, we never been to any Disney theme parks and we didn't during our honeymoon because we wanted to wait to take our daughter for the first time. Now 10 years later, after visiting WDW for over 5 years with my family and I, my wife and I decided to do a 10 year anniversary Disney trip.

We have 2 day park passes and reserved to head to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. We have never gone without our daughter, this will be our first trip to the parks childless and we are excited, but I hope being at the parks without our daughter won't make us feel bad going without her. We are going take her later this year in the late fall but I just hope being in the parks doesn't give us a little guilt trip. We promised her we won't go to Magic Kingdom and save that for her cause that's OUR park lol.

Because It's our 10 year anniversary I want to make this trip not only magical, but a treasured moment to remember forever. We will be going during the first week of Food And Wine Festival so I know to expect large crowds and the July weather but I want these 2 days to bring a WOW to my wife's eyes. She is the reason I am alive today.

During the stretch of our 10 years of marriage, I dealt with Kidney Failure and was on dialysis and she has always been by my side. When I was ready to give up, it was her and my daughter that gave me the strength and motivation to fight and after 4 years, I received my Kidney Transplant. During all that time we been coming to WDW and loving every minute which is one of the reasons we love Disney. This woman is not only my wife, but also the love of my life, and honesty the one who saved my life by making me go to the hospital when I was days from dying.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any tips at both parks that can help us have a magical romantic adventure.

I hope you enjoy your trip! My husband and I went in December for our 25th anniversary and it was the first trip without the kids. I felt a little guilty going without them (and they are college age :)) but we had a great trip. There were some rides that we skipped and we took a slower pace than usual and just enjoyed the days. Depending on budget, we ate at Hollywood Brown Derby in HW Studios and it was excellent. I would enjoy the Food and Wine booths and also take afternoon breaks. Hope your trip is wonderful.

We have never gone without our daughter, this will be our first trip to the parks childless and we are excited, but I hope being at the parks without our daughter won't make us feel bad going without her. We are going take her later this year in the late fall but I just hope being in the parks doesn't give us a little guilt trip. We promised her we won't go to Magic Kingdom and save that for her cause that's OUR park lol.
Yes, we felt a little bit guilty the first time we went to WDW without the kids, but it was wonderful. I had told DH (the trip planner at the time) that I wanted to stay at POFQ, but somehow we ended up with a castle view room at the Poly! And he had told them we were celebrating our anniversary, although it was a few months early....

Being able to choose what WE wanted to do and when we wanted to do it without input from the kids was amazing. We did take the kids later that same year, and after that we never felt guilty if we had a reason to go without them.

So have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter