• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

999 Happy Haunts Ball

ceejay13

DIS Veteran
I just signed up for one of the packages for the 999 Happy Haunts Ball. Is this the first time they have done this at WDW? If not, has anyone else participated in this and what were your experiences??

I know that at least one of our moderators has done this. Not sure if it was at WDW or not. I'll bump it so you can get some responses.

They had this last year at WDW, but it was for one night only. This year, they offered packages, much like they have been offering at the HMH in DL for the past two years.

I went to the Ball last year and had a blast. I am going this year, and got the "Ezra" package.

Just have to ask . . what the heck is it? I'm going to MNSSHP, but haven't seen anything about this.

Just a friendly reminder that this is considered a merchandise event (you'll see what I mean when you get the catalogue). Only three rides will be open, Splash, Big Thunder and the HM. That aside, we thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the evening and are going again this year.

WDW decided to try what DL has been doing for several years. The big difference is that at DL they redo the HM as Nightmare Before Christmas. So far, that hasn't happened at WDW (although there have been rumors).

Indyanna this is a hard ticket event. Cheapest package is $109.99. You can view the packages at Disneygallery.com

Cyn

Indyanna,

It is called the 999 Happy Haunts Ball. The detailed information is at www.disneygallery.com under the events section. I had read about something similar at DL several years ago and decided we needed to go this year since we will be at WDW during this time. There are 3 packages. The expensive one is already sold out as they only had 25 spaces. It went for $2250. It did include 2 nights at the GF, as well as dinner served inside the HM. The middle package is $450/person and includes 1 night at CSR. We only bought the Ezra package at $109/person. We are DVC members and have our room at the BWV, and were not sure if the rest of the package was worth the extra money. We may be sorry we didn't spring for the more expensive ticket.

Wow! The events sound like loads of fun. I think we'll be heading to the Wine and Food Fest a little earlier than usual next year so we'll be able to take part in one of these events. :D
Sure hope they have them in 2004!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter