90 day recovery and pre-testing for under 5

ladybulldawg

Earning My Ears
We are sailing in early July and me, my husband and 2 kids, both under 5 years old, all tested positive for Covid back in May. I already have the positive test documentation and letters from our physicians clearing us for travel ready to upload when the time comes. The pre-testing being waived for 90 day recovery doesn't specifically mention if this applies to children under 5 (who can't be vaccinated) as well. Do I still need to do pre-testing for them 3 days before sailing or will they also get the 90 day recovery status and be exempt from pre-testing?

No, as long as the 90-day recovery is accepted, the kids will also be exempt from any pre-testing.

No, as long as the 90-day recovery is accepted, the kids will also be exempt from any pre-testing.

i thought part of the 90-day recovery exemption was that the person had to be fully vaccinated and have the letter. It says that on the dcl “know before you go”. But hadn’t seen this scenario before Where kids under 5 were involved. just curious.

It says that on the dcl “know before you go”.
This is what I see on Before Leaving Home: Know Before You Go. No mention of age, and the only mention of vaccination status is the last bullet which says vaccinated guests must also provide proof of vaccination. I don't interpret this to exclude the unvaccinated from being eligible for "Recently Recovered" status.

Guests Recently Recovered from COVID-19
In some cases, people who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may still test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. If Guests have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 within 11 to 90 days of their sail date, they may qualify to be considered as “90-Day-Recovered.” With the appropriate documentation and subsequent approval, Guests considered “90-Day-Recovered” are not required to participate in COVID-19 testing during the Pre-Sail, Embarkation or Debarkation phases of their voyage.

If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within 11 to 90 days of your sail date and would like to be identified as 90-Day-Recovered, please upload to Safe Passage the following:
  • A copy of your previous positive COVID-19 test result which is greater than 11 days and less than 90 days from your expected sail date. The test must have been antigen, NAAT, rapid PCR or lab-based PCR. The test result must include your date of birth.
  • A signed letter (on official letterhead that shows the name, address and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official) stating that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days and are clear for travel.
  • Vaccinated Guests must also upload proof of vaccination in addition to their 90-Day-Recovered documentation.

OP should definitely upload her documentation to SafePassage and watch to see that it's accepted for all in her party. If not, I recommend contacting SafePassage. But I see nothing indicating the 90-day recovered is only available to vaccinated guests. It would negate the program if unvaccinated had to test -- the whole point is that someone may pop a positive test result within 90-days of having Covid, which has nothing to do with vaccination status.

It’s the first time I saw that request so made me curious. I agree, it does seem logical the way it’s written. Personally I would contact DCL or have my TA double check just to be sure. It’s all good.

Just wanted to update that all our documentation (kids included) was accepted and we all are status Clear to Sail!
This is amazing. We are having the same issue here. We are sailing in August. I’m happy to hear yours was accepted. I called DCL just now to ask the same question and was told that my 2 year old would still need to do PCR and at port antigen even if they have letter of recovery. I think I might call inspire diagnostics tomorrow to confirm! Curious, the test you did for your kids used for the recovery letter, was it an antigen?

This is amazing. We are having the same issue here. We are sailing in August. I’m happy to hear yours was accepted. I called DCL just now to ask the same question and was told that my 2 year old would still need to do PCR and at port antigen even if they have letter of recovery. I think I might call inspire diagnostics tomorrow to confirm! Curious, the test you did for your kids used for the recovery letter, was it an antigen?
Hm, that's interesting that they said that. My kids had a PCR test to confirm they were covid positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter