• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8yo DD gave me a dime when I tucked her in...

graygables

<font color=blue>Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K P
I asked her what it was for and she said, "It's an early Mother's Day present, it's for the Disney Cruise" Awww!

I hate that she knows I'm a bit worried about saving enough $$ in time (she doesn't know I booked a cat 9...she thinks we're in a 12!), but I'm also glad that she doesn't have a sense of entitlement about the whole thing, either.

Now I only need 12,689 or so more dimes to cover it!!! :eek:

That is so sweet. We are going in Dec my parents are also going and my mother told my ds5 that we had to save our pennies. My mother watches him on saturdays while dh and i work. she took him shopping. The total came out to $5.03 and when she went to pay my son told her she couldn't use the 3 pennies and had to use a quarter because we are saving our pennies for the cruise!

That is ssoooo adorable!!!!Whant an angels!:angel:

I did that to my mom once when I was 3- she took me to a new ballet school & I didn't like it & I wanted to quit- but that's not something my parents encouraged- So they reasoned with me & said- among other things- that "Mommy & Daddy paid a lot of money for ballet & we have to be a big girl & we can stop going when the class has ended" As I understand it trying to be good parents!!! Well, that night I went up to my bedroom & brought down my piggy bank for my mom & told her she could have my money. :D Needless to say they let me go to a different school! It's amazing what children can do with the smallest understanding!! You have a sweet children!!- and that is a reflection of you as a parent- HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!:flower3:

After our first cruise in February/March 2004, we talked about doing it again in two years (giving us enough time to save up $$). My DD6 started picking up any odd coins around the house and is stashing it away for the cruise fund. I almost cried the day she told me what she was saving for! She's up to about $11.00 so far :hug:

What a sweetie!!

I have to say that I laughed when I read your subject line because I thought that you had already gone on the cruise and your daughter had picked up on the tipping things and that the dime was a tip. :)

Your story is very touching! You should be commended on raising a very loving child. She apparently wants to help out! Don't feel bad that she knows that you are worrying about saving up for the trip. Use this as a teaching tool. I think it is wonderful when children know that they sometimes have to work to make things happen. Too many children expect things to be handed to them but they truly appreciate having to work at earning a reward. Have her start saving for the trip. Convert her pennies, nickles and dimes into Disney Dollars for her to use as her "spending money". You will be surprised to see how quickly she will be able to come up with her own ideas to put a little money away for the trip. I think this is a great way to teach a child that "fun stuff" can cost money.

How cute! Did you sign her up on the list for a postcard? Sounds like she deserves one. :D
If you're not sailing for a while, I'd be happy to send one from Castaway Cay in three weeks. Otherwise, Verandah Man does a great job of bringing delight to the little ones with postcards via the official thread.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter