8! ???

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
I didn't realize there would be 8 pins to start. Anyone know if they will have 8 different pins each week? TDS carrying these will have 24+ of each?:confused:

Eight (8) pins every week..... I wish I knew how early to go.......:smooth:

Guys, relax.. These won't sell out like they do in the parks! I doubt that these pins will evaporate within hours. Don't wait two weeks to find the first set of pins either, however!

But I don't think anyone has to camp out at the door on Saturdays either...

Wanda

I really like the first 8 of the 100 Years of Dreams series. The first pin of Walt & Mickey is the best one I have seen of that type ( at least in the picture).
I am planning to get all of the 8, plus some extras to trade, if anyone can't get the pins and wants to trade.
Penny

IMHO, I'd be there before TDS opens if you REALLY want the pins. I heard there is NO limit (except for the STATE pins) to the number of pins we can purchase, and my TDS has received 24 each of the first 8 pins.

Oh I'll be there at opening. (Can we spell A-D-D-I-C-T) ;) I told DH -- oh four pins....:o
Ka-ching, ka-ching.
I promised some for an overseas trade.
Ka-ching, ka-ching.

Not to add to the distress, but we've already taken 2 of each pin out of stock (meaning they are no longer for sale) because they will be placed on lanyards which will be worn in our store. We're not trading (at least not yet...I really hope we're one of the lucky stores to get to trade!) so that means there are now only 22 of each style for sale. And like Brise Nannie pointed out...since there is no limit the first person in the store could buy up all 22 (although we will be STRONGLY discouraging that practice in our store, but we can't deny someone if they insist on doing it).

The first batch is definitely a nice set, with a good mix of both Pooh family and Mickey/Minnie pins. I wore the lanyard on Tuesday night to start promoting the pins and had a blast telling everyone about them. I'm really looking forward to opening tomorrow morning!! Who's coming to visit me? :D

Jonie, I wish I could visit you tomorrow morning but alas, I will be in VEGAS BABY for the annual Kings game. Besides Disney, the LOS ANGELES KINGS come a close second in my life. I'm hoping that nobody knows about the pins up there cuz there are three different stores I can hit!

Shari

I guess it depends on who lives close to your stores, but, based on the pins that are still available (and came out weeks ago) in stores near me, I just don't think it will be as bad as it is in the parks whenever they release pins. I have seen full sets, virtually intact, still in some gallery DS racks.

Don't wait too long, but if you can't be there when the stores open, hey, the pins will be there when you can make it! You can even ask a friend or relative to drive to his/her nearby store and look for what you want. In some states you can just drive from store to store within an hour, but could visit several in a day as well. I really don't see a reason for people to panic over these ones.

Wishful thinking, maybe. But I am basing my assumption on what I have noticed. Very, very few guests wear lanyards at the parks. I would even be daring enough to affirm that a very low, small number of guests collect pins. Some parks have very few CMs trading, even. The number of pin collectors seems high on the boards and auction sites, but the fact is that a very low percentage of the mall shopping population will run to get pins! Besides guys, please!: We're on the verge of a war here. The malls aren't going to be packed tomorrow!

In other words, try to get there soon, but get there when you can. Do not lose sleep over the anxiety of not finding these pins. They're not even limited and there are plenty of stores to get them from. I have volunteered several times to help people find the ones they want as well.

If that does not help, get this : I JUST FOUND OUT THE TDS 100 YR PINS ARE THE SAME!!!!!!!

So, relax. ;) It will be OK

Wanda

From what I have been told there are 24 pins per store. Our store like Jonie will only have 22 as we have two lanyards.
But here is the kicker. The pins will not be replenished. Once they are gone that is it.
So I was trying to figure out the edition size on these pins.

I will be getting mine early on Saturday and I hope to be wearing a lanyard.

Shirley,

I am not sure about what the edition size will be (I assume it is huge), but all I can say is that I have a trading buddy in Tokyo and we were looking forward to the release of these new pins, to exchange for TDS pins. To our disappointment, she showed me the picture of their 100 yrs pins: They are exactly the same! :(

Trust me, there's no reason to rush to get these pins because they'll run out in one hour!! That is, unless a shark plans to gobble them up. But really, how many of those live in our area anyway? And why would a shark pork down pins that another store has anyway?

Wanda

I plan on going to the store around opening time with my 2 kiddos. Dh is in a golf tournament, so I can go without him knowing. :D Where can I see pics of the pins being released tomorrow? I won't be getting them all...maybe 2 or 3 different ones.

When one of the local stores rec'd these pins, the mgr told me they were LE's.
I don't know if they are marked as LE's or if they are only considered that (by her) because they will not be re-released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter