8:15 am Akershus breakfast in Early May- Test track or Soarin after?

LaDeeDah

Earning My Ears
Okay, so it's probably been asked before but I feel like time of year matters for these itinerary questions, so here goes....

We have an Akershus breakfast at 8:15 am on a non-EMH day of Tuesday May 2, 2017. Crowd levels should be relatively low. Our party includes me, DH, DD10 and DD4. We will have a FP for FOE later in the day, so I'm wondering which attraction to hit up right after breakfast- Soarin or Test Track? I'm leaning towards Test Track for the simple reason that it's closer to Akershus. I guess the other factors to consider would be the time it takes to get out of Akershus, and that we would like to ride both Soarin and Test Track at some point that day.

Do you think it's possible to go to Test Track right after Akershus, and then head to Soarin' right after and have a minimal wait there of under 30 minutes? I think we would be done and out of Akershus by 9:15 at the latest. So my estimate is that we will be over to Test Track by 9:20 and have a 15 minute wait. If the princesses haven't all come around by 9:00ish then we will still leave anyways.

Additionally, we are leaving from Pop Century and I'd like to arrive to Epcot by 7:50 am so we can walk to Akershus at a leisurely pace. That being said, what time should be get to the bus stop at Pop?

Test Track first.

Soarin' added that third screen, so it now absorbs far more guests much more quickly than it used to.

:welcome: to the DISboards, LaDeeDah!

Test Track first.

Soarin' added that third screen, so it now absorbs far more guests much more quickly than it used to.

:welcome: to the DISboards, LaDeeDah!
:thanks:

So, what you're saying is that we should be able to do Soarin' and it's not going to be an hour wait?

So, what you're saying is that we should be able to do Soarin' and it's not going to be an hour wait?

It should not take nearly as long a standby wait as there used to be.

But thats if they run all three. I still think its a good plan, but at what point do they actually run all three. Does the wait time have to be a certain time?

First, get to the Arkushus, early, just because your ressies say 8:15, if you are there early they let you in about 7:45, they let any one with an early ressies in at the same time. And when you get there they sit you in order of how you walk up, not by what time your ressies is because everyone there will fill up the seats within half an hour. So definately be there when they let you in. We use to the place for the Elsa and Anna, if you are one of the first seated, you can start immediately to get your food at the buffet. You will most likely be done and have seen all the princesses by 8:45.

We have been able to see Elsa and Anna, by being first in line, go to test track and do soaring all before 10. Before Elsa and Anna, we were able to ride test track 2 or 3 times before the crowds come. Then walk over to soaring and get in line and be done by 10.

With the fast pass system, we usually grab a fp for soaring at 10, we then have breakfast, do test track, do space mission, go over to soaring and usually can do lands before 10 fp. The key is to know you will be let in early to breakfast and you want to be there early.

First, get to the Arkushus, early, just because your ressies say 8:15, if you are there early they let you in about 7:45, they let any one with an early ressies in at the same time. And when you get there they sit you in order of how you walk up, not by what time your ressies is because everyone there will fill up the seats within half an hour. So definately be there when they let you in. We use to the place for the Elsa and Anna, if you are one of the first seated, you can start immediately to get your food at the buffet. You will most likely be done and have seen all the princesses by 8:45.

We have been able to see Elsa and Anna, by being first in line, go to test track and do soaring all before 10. Before Elsa and Anna, we were able to ride test track 2 or 3 times before the crowds come. Then walk over to soaring and get in line and be done by 10.

With the fast pass system, we usually grab a fp for soaring at 10, we then have breakfast, do test track, do space mission, go over to soaring and usually can do lands before 10 fp. The key is to know you will be let in early to breakfast and you want to be there early.

That's some great info. Thank you. What time should we get to the POP bus stop? We have a preferred room and I requested ground floor and close to transportation

What time should we get to the POP bus stop? We have a preferred room and I requested ground floor and close to transportation

7:15-ish.
Epcot is not far at all, but, if you "just miss" a bus, you may have to wait for another.

7:15-ish.
Epcot is not far at all, but, if you "just miss" a bus, you may have to wait for another.
Thank you for this info. We have a PPO at Akershus this summer to as well as one BOG and Tusker House. Would you recommend the same Pop bus stop arrival time for those as well?

Thank you for this info. We have a PPO at Akershus this summer to as well as one BOG and Tusker House. Would you recommend the same Pop bus stop arrival time for those as well?
I would say be earlier to the bus stop when going to MK or AK because they are further away. I am going to be at the bus stop by 7:00am when I have PPO ADRs at MK and AK (our ADRs are at 8:15 and 8:25).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter