7th Disney Trip, but first time planning....Yikes!!!

Jenn51421

Earning My Ears
Well as you can tell from the title this will be my first time planning a trip for my family. All I can say is "What was I thinking???" LOL :scared1:. Now don't get me wrong I love disney and I love planning but for some reason when I put those two together I want to have a nervous breakdown LOL.

I should probably mention that I am planning this whole trip on my own with out anyone knowing or helping because I am surprising my family for Christmas!!!:santa:
Now I am just praying they don't kill me lol :)

Well I guess I should introduce the whole family going on this trip...

Jenn- Thats me..I am 25 years old and am currently going to school to get my teaching certification. I have been a disney lover since my first trip in the 4th grade.

Mom- I won't tell her age because thats just not nice to say a women's age LOL. This was the women who took me on my very first disney trip 16 years ago and it is so nice to be able to repay her! No matter how many gray hairs this planning process will give me. LOL.

Stepdad - An amazing guy. Doesn't really like Disney all that much but he doesn't hate it...So will go because everyone else goes. That just says what a great guy he is.

My brother - He will be 11 years old on this trip. I can't believe how much he is growing each and every day. As the days go by the attitude gets bigger and bigger lol. One of the reasons I planned this trip is because this will probably be the last family vacation before we hit the Teen Years and I just want to enjoy it with him.

Well thats the cast of characters that will be joining be on this adventure. I did not mention this earlier but this will also be my first pre trip/trip report. I really hope to get some readers. If not I wont be offended! lol. Well thats it for now...

Up Next: When are we going? Where am I staying? Will I loose my sanity? Stay tuned to find out LOL popcorn::

So I figured I waited long enough to update my pre trip report. L O L!!! Sorry I haven't kept up with this. I always seem to start these and NEVER finish them. I hope maybe by continuing to post about how the planning process went I could entice more readers to my post! We will see if it works! :confused3

So the last time I mentioned who was going on this trip and that has not changed but that is pretty much the ONLY thing that has not changed! Planning this trip has been one of the hardest things for me to do because I want to get everything right and I think now that we are only 32 days away things are starting to come together! FINALLY!

We will be going to WDW from February 27th to March 6th. I first booked a one bedroom villa at Boardwalk but after thinking of the last time we were there and how cramped the sleeping arrangements were and how early everyone had to get up and get ready to go to the parks I decided to try for a two bedroom villa and too my luck there was one left (or so we thought). A few days ago I received a call from my travel agent saying that there was an issue with our room. Apparently in her system she had booked a two bedroom villa at Boardwalk for us BUT in Disney's system it showed that we were booked for a one bedroom villa. The only reason we found this out was because she was having problems booking our meal plan in the system that her agency uses. So she sent an email to Disney saying she needed to add the meal plan onto our reservation and she thought after that it would all be done. Well Disney emailed back saying that they added the meal plan on to our one bedroom villa reservation. Well after that another email was sent back to Disney asking why they had said we were booked for a one bedroom. So to make a very long story short in the end Disney booked us in a two bedroom villa at Beach Club and the travel agency will pay the difference. So we were basically upgraded to the Beach Club. I do have to say though it took a lot of convincing to get my family on board since we LOVE the Boardwalk! But once I explained that it was right across the way they were ok with it. So once the room was booked I felt like half the work was done because we have a place to sleep! lol.

Next I added on the park hopper option and started to plan out our days. I was totally wrong in thinking that booking the room was the hardest part. The hardest part was definately planning out each and everyday, where to eat? what part to do on which day? Sea World or Universal? Oh my goodness I don’t know how many times I did and redid our itinerary for each day!

As of right now here is our plan:

Saturday, February 27th
-Depart at 7:00 AM :eek:
-Arrive in Orlando around 10:00AM
-Check In at Beach Club
-Head to Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios (Its ESPN weekend!)

Sunday, February 28th
-8am ADR at Crystal Palace
-Magic Kingdom All Day
-Hoop Dee Doo Revue at 5:00pm

Monday, March 1st
-Hollywood Studios All Day
-Lunch at 50s Prime Time Cafe

Tuesday, March 2nd
-Epcot All Day
-Dinner Le Cellier at 5:40 (for just me and my brother)
-Dinner Biergarten at 6:15pm (for my mom and dad to celebrate their anniversary)

Wednesday, March 3rd
-Animal Kingdom All Day
-Donald Safari Breakfast at 8:00am
-6:20pm Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Thursday, March 4th
-SEA WORLD
-Fantasmic!

Friday. March 5th
-This day will be a Whatever Day...Meaning we can do whatever we want.
-There are no ADR's for this day

Saturday, March 6th
-We leave :(
-We depart at 10:40am

Well thats our itinerary...I am sure it will change a few more times before we leave!

Hope everyone enjoyed reading!

Until next time...

I just have to say that three weeks from today I will be lounging at the Quiet Pool in the Beach Club Resort!!! I should also mention there is a foot of snow outside so I really can not wait to get to Florida!!!

I hope someone is reading this...lol

So our family trip is only 3 days away and I can't wait. Unfortunately our trip might be delayed. the weather report looks pretty bad for the day we
have to leave. I am praying for everything to work out :)

Wow, you leave in 4 days!! Lucky you! I bet you're super excited.

We leave in 9days and I'm thrilled..... I started planning our trip the day I found out I was pregnant and my son turned 10 weeks today, so it's ben a LOONNNGGGG process.... Can't wait!!!

I hope you and your family have a fantastic time. Are you planning on doing a TR when you return?

I'm so happy for you! I just found out from my hubby tonight that I get to begin planning our 2nd trip next year! I went for the first time summer of 2009.:banana:

Wow, you leave in 4 days!! Lucky you! I bet you're super excited.

We leave in 9days and I'm thrilled..... I started planning our trip the day I found out I was pregnant and my son turned 10 weeks today, so it's ben a LOONNNGGGG process.... Can't wait!!!

I hope you and your family have a fantastic time. Are you planning on doing a TR when you return?

I am super excited but super nervous about this snow storm NJ is about to be hit with Thursday into Friday. I just pray that it won't delay anything.

Wow you have been planning a long time! I have been planning since October and have just about had it with the whole planning process lol.

I am thinking of doing a TR but I start one and then have no readers so I get frustrated and never finish it. But my goal is to start and finish the TR!!!!

I'm so happy for you! I just found out from my hubby tonight that I get to begin planning our 2nd trip next year! I went for the first time summer of 2009.:banana:

Thanks! Thats great that you get to start planning another trip! This trip will probably be the last one for a while for my family. :(

PS-THANKS FOR READING!!!! :cheer2:

HI!!! Joining in :goodvibes I am getting my teaching certification right now too! I am going to start Student Teaching in the Fall and I am very excited. Your ADR choices look awesome :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more popcorn::

HI!!! Joining in :goodvibes I am getting my teaching certification right now too! I am going to start Student Teaching in the Fall and I am very excited. Your ADR choices look awesome :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more popcorn::

Thanks for joining in...The pre-trip report is actually done...I haven't had the time to start the actual Trip Report but maybe I will be inspired to work on this weekend! LOL Good Luck with your student teaching!

So I have yet again abandoned another pre-trip/trip report! Life unfortunately keeeps getting in the way!

But now that I am done with school and am about to enter the workforce :scared1: I think I might have more time to write about my upcoming trip in October!

Hopefully some of you will stick around and read it! :)

I am super exctied to start my pre trip report...I should have an entry up by later on today!

Thanks to everyone to who has read this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter