7A on Disney Wonder... No availability in 2020

Seems like the only reason they would renovate those rooms is if they do something that lets them charge more money for them.
That's why the only change I could see is the enclosing of the verandah so they could add the Murphy bed. They can charge more for 4 people in a room than 3.

Taking over two 3 person rooms, so that you can put 5 in them doesn't gain them anything.

That's why the only change I could see is the enclosing of the verandah so they could add the Murphy bed. They can charge more for 4 people in a room than 3.

Taking over two 3 person rooms, so that you can put 5 in them doesn't gain them anything.
Especially since the first two are full price regardless of age. At first glance, I didn't realize just how bad those economics really were.

I'm not sure they could turn the 7As into a room that sleeps 5. It's my understanding that they couldn't put the bunk bed in there (hence why they only slept 3 and not 4 to start with). If they enclose the verandah area and add a Murphy bed, they could sleep 4 in that room.

I don't really see them combining rooms (either above or below any given room, or side by side) as this would reduce the number of rooms they would have available for booking.

I could see them doing that IF they had trouble selling those rooms currently.

That's the part I don't get. It would make more sense to convert the least popular rooms into say, family suites. But the 7A's almost always sell out.

The "secret" verandah rooms are my favorites. This move by Disney makes me sad!
Of course, it's all speculation that DCL is going to do that.

We don't know what their plans are, yet.

It may be that those rooms just really need a big rehab to make them presentable.

I just don't get what they are doing that puts those cabins out of commission for 7 months. It's got to be big. It takes Disney less time to redo a whole resort...lol!

Maybe it will all be done by end of dry dock but they aren't ready for the big "reveal" yet. Maybe those rooms will be released closer to sail date or following a dry dock announcement. Lots of talk about converting them into larger oceanview rooms to sleep 4. I wonder if they'd do themed rooms at all (Marvel, Star Wars, etc.) as they've done at some hotels.

I just don't get what they are doing that puts those cabins out of commission for 7 months. It's got to be big. It takes Disney less time to redo a whole resort...lol!

I don't think it's a case that the rooms won't be occupied for 7 months, just that Disney hasn't added the inventory for whatever-the-heck the 7As will turn into come 09/30/19. Maybe there will be an early drydock teaser specifically for these rooms, and they will be available to book once that happens.

Of course, it's all speculation that DCL is going to do that.

We don't know what their plans are, yet.

It may be that those rooms just really need a big rehab to make them presentable.
We sailed in one in June and it was in perfect condition. No rehab needed. It would be a shame for them to change these special rooms on the Wonder. The NV was perfect for Alaska as the enclosure protected us a bit from the wind, but the opening was still huge enough to see everything easily. And the nautical theming of the NV is charming.

I was wondering if they were going to do an up sell theming of those rooms or do something to combine them into “family suites” to test out new configurations for the later new ships. These could be less than concierage but more than they currently charge

The only way to get around the lifeboat issue would be to combine two rooms. Adding a bunk to make it a 4 person would overfill the lifeboats and the ship as a whole.

I wish they would at least release the SVRs, those aren't even set up the same as the regular NV! I wouldn't think that any changes would even involve those cabins.

The only way to get around the lifeboat issue would be to combine two rooms. Adding a bunk to make it a 4 person would overfill the lifeboats and the ship as a whole.
Not really. Disney will already block out rooms based on life boat capacity. For example a lifeboat has capacity for 7 (the 7a and the room next to it so 3 and 4 people respectively). If someone books a 7a room for 4 guests first, the room next to it, while it can hold four, may only show up as available for booking if the number of guests for the room is 1-3, in order to balance the lifeboat capacity. If 4 people want to cruise, that room will be blocked from them, and they will not be able to select it. The actual logarithm and coding I am sure is much more involved, but that is an example at least. I always thought that they also balanced the stateroom attendants similarly. Can you imagine if your host had 10 rooms that were each filled with 4 passengers to clean up after?

Well, why would you eliminate your most popular room or make it into an OV when OVs are cheaper than 7As? The only explanation I can come up with is that if people aren't reserving a 7A, they'll reserve a cat 4 or 5. But it's only 30 rooms. If they weren't so far aft, I'd agree that making them some type of concierge thing would make sense. But in that location? Probably not. The cat Vs are larger, so they aren't being turned into those, and with 3 decks, how would you put in a multi deck thing, especially without as much balcony as other parts of the ship?

What about HA rooms? Are there enough of those? Could it be they are going to rework the rooms to become HA rooms? That might be some heavy-duty work, though, as doorways would have to be widened. What about putting in single occupant rooms flanking an HA room? Of course, in both those cases, DCL would be losing rooms, not gaining them.

Maybe they're going to add connecting doors? But there's 5 rooms, not an even number. If it was this, they'd at least have one of the 5 that's untouched and therefore could be booked. Could it be a crew issue? Are they requiring more crew and need more crew space or maybe entertainers for a new show? But 30 rooms is a lot of entertainers or crew.

Well, why would you eliminate your most popular room or make it into an OV when OVs are cheaper than 7As? The only explanation I can come up with is that if people aren't reserving a 7A, they'll reserve a cat 4 or 5. But it's only 30 rooms. If they weren't so far aft, I'd agree that making them some type of concierge thing would make sense. But in that location? Probably not. The cat Vs are larger, so they aren't being turned into those, and with 3 decks, how would you put in a multi deck thing, especially without as much balcony as other parts of the ship?

What about HA rooms? Are there enough of those? Could it be they are going to rework the rooms to become HA rooms? That might be some heavy-duty work, though, as doorways would have to be widened. What about putting in single occupant rooms flanking an HA room? Of course, in both those cases, DCL would be losing rooms, not gaining them.

Maybe they're going to add connecting doors? But there's 5 rooms, not an even number. If it was this, they'd at least have one of the 5 that's untouched and therefore could be booked. Could it be a crew issue? Are they requiring more crew and need more crew space or maybe entertainers for a new show? But 30 rooms is a lot of entertainers or crew.

I ran through the same thoughts HA is one option that makes sense. They also could do something where maybe one deck will be turned into the single occupant studios that others are trying and the other 2 decks could be turned into family suites (maybe 2 stories). The location on the 5th deck is really convenient for the lab and club. Have you looked at RCCL suites? Those things are seriously insane and I can’t imagine what DCL could charge for them.

It could all help to test the waters with real data as they work o the designs for the new ships.

Does anyone know why there are no 7A cabins available on the Wonder for any of 2020?
You will see them "available" on the Alaskan itineraries, as they still come out pretty pricey and - thus - don't get scooped up like no tomorrow. Likewise with Magic in Europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter