7 days until Disneyland

DonnaS

Ratsrule & CathyCanada-- 2 who are greatly missed
DH and I leave next Wednesday (yes, the 4th of July) to fly down to Disneyland for 3 nights. We haven't been since DCA opened up so we're really looking forward to it.

We're staying at the Candy Cane, which we just love. Since we have Disneyland Deluxe AP's which block out the 4th, we'll spend the 4th at DCA and hopefully see all that we want to see there. If not, we'll have to buy another ticket to DCA. I'm kinda hoping we don't get it all in (don't tell DH) so that we can go back in the next day or two. There are several places I'd like to eat at... LOL.

We really haven't made many plans. We might try and do the Fantasmic Buffet again but will probably decide the night before.

I know it will be hot and crowded and we're not really used to that because we generally go during off-season. But it will be so nice to be able to be in the park late at night! Our favorite time of day.

Can't wait!

Have fun! You will have a blast.

I just noticed you when to EuroDisney and would love to hear what you think of DL compared to Euro. Any opinions?

Jenn

Jennifer,

I think Disneyland Paris is the most beautiful of the Magic Kingdom type parks. It has recaptured a great deal of the charm that DL has but (IMHO) MK lacks.

The rides are much more thrilling at DLP and really our only major disappointment was in Storybook Land Canal Boats. HUGE disappointment as compared to DL. The boats were similar to It's a Small World and there was no live CM on board with you. Instead the narration was piped out through speakers in the boat.

Have you been or do you plan to go? I definitely recommend it if you are in the area.

Have a blast, Donna! Our weather has been really perfect, hot but not unbearably so. I know you're prepared for crowds. :D Enjoy!

Donna,
I've never been, but hope to go someday. My hubby is English so we go over to England every other year. I have been to France a few times, but never to Euro. My English relatives say that it is almost the same price to come to Florida as it is to go to Paris. They like the weather better in Florida.

Any other differences and insight?

Jenn

One other difference is the food. Other than the sit down restaurants, the food is not too great. The most common "fast food" items is a sandwich. I can't remember what it has on it but only that we didn't like it.

Also, the lines are much longer on ALL of the Fantasyland rides than at DL. Peter Pan has two rows of seats which is great for families but no so great if you get stuck in the back row and have adults in front (can't see that well).

Smoking everywhere! Including in jam packed lines. The castle is gorgeous and comes complete with a dragon in the basement!

Take the Chunnell on over sometime and check it out. You'll be glad you did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter