DisneyFreak06

DIS Veteran
Table of contents:

Introductions

Aug 19, 2015
Part one: We have take off!

Part two: We have arrived!

Aug 20, 2015

Part 1: pre breakfast pictures (short update, internet issues!)
Part 2: Pre breakfast and food court pictures.
Part 3: Checking out!
Part 4: Checking in!
Part 4b: Heading to the bus stop.
Part 5: Park time!
Part 5b: Finishing up the People Mover
Part 6: A Meet and Greet!
Part 7: Snack and supper in one post.
Part 8: A first!
Part 9: Good night, World!

Aug 21, 2015
Part 1: Good morning Castle!

Part 2: More Castle
Part 3: Be our Guest!
Part 4: Time for some rides.
Part 5: Haunted Mansion!
Part 6: All Aboard!
Part 7: And get off!
Part 8: Big Thunder Mountain
Part 9: Be our Guest... again!
Part 10: Time for a nap.
Part 11: Everything Pop
Part 12: DHS supper time
Part 13: The Great Movie Ride
Part 14: The Greater Movie Ride?
Part 14b: A flash of the past - to 2006
Part 15: Tower of Terror
Part 16: Star Tours and Good Night!

Aug 22, 2015

Part 1: Pop and AK
Part 2: Kiliminjaro Safari
Part 2: Safari part 2
Part 3: Lunch and Expeditions
Part 4: Finding Nemo
Part 5: Back home for a rest and then back to the MK again
Part 6: All the guys that turn me on turn me down!
Part 7: Zip a dee doo dah!
Part 8: Citrus Swirl or Dole Whip and the Jungle Cruise
Part 9: Disney after Dark
Part 10: The Little Mermaid
Part 11: 7DMT (FINALLY!)

Aug 23, 2015

Part 1: The Pope, shopping and Downtown Disney
Part 2: DTD, AoA and Pop
Part 3: Nice night for a movie

Aug 24, 2015

Part 1: Good Morning Magic Kingdom!
Part 2: There is a first time for everything!
Part 3: And many times to repeat things as well!
Part 4: Part of your World!
Part 5: Be Our Guest again!
Part 6: Hang on to yer hats and glasses!
Part 7: It's a World of Laughter...
Part 8: Browsing and raining
Part 9: A boat to the Wilderness
Part 10: Hoop Dee Doo!
Part 11: Dessert and finale
Part 12: Pop, Sunset and Frozen Fireworks
Part 13: On my way... to forgetting my Fantasmic pictures!
Part 14: Fantasmic!
Part 15: Fatasmic! Two (If only so I have more pictures of Fantasmic than IASW!)
Part 16: Rock n Roll, Arnie Baby (as my sister, the Queen, used to call him) AoA and cockroaches

Aug 25, 2015

Part 1: Extra Magic at Epcot
Part 2: Mars and lunch
Part 3: Downtown Disney
Part 4: MK with another first!
Part 5: Pooh and Happy Haunts

Aug 26, 2015

Part 1: breakfast and DHS
Part 2: Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Part 3: Beauty and the
Part 4: Beast! (haha)
Part 5: Lunch and Indy
Part 6: More Indiana Jones
Part 7: RIP Indiana Jones - my last photos.
Part 8: A relaxing evening to a busy day!

Aug 27, 2015
Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure

Part 1: Getting in early
Part 2: Diagon Alley
Part 3: Gringotts
Part 4: Back outside, some browsing and some acting!
Part 5: Shutterbuttons video - I'm a star! (or not! Haha)
Part 6: Butterbeer ice cream! (Hee hee I updated my title to updated 4/24 at exactly 4:24).
Part 7: Hogwarts Express!!!
Part 8: Hogwarts
Part 9: Buhbye! I'll be back!

Aug 28, 2015
Part 1: Mr Gold!
Part 2: Muppet Vision 3D

Part 3: Star Tours
Part 4: Frozen!
Part 5: Streetmosphere
Part 6: The Boardwalk (and then the UK)
Part 7: France
Part 8: Snacking around WS
Part 9: Spaceship Earth
Part 10: Back to Pop

Aug 29, 2015
Part 1: EMH at DHS
Part 2: Goodbye DHS! :(
Part 3: Bones at AK
Part 4: Dinosaur and Everest

Part 5: Animals
Part 6: Festival of the Lion King 1
Part 7: FOTLK 2
Part 8: FOTLK 3 (I love the shows!)
Part 9: Goodbye AK!

Part 10: Walking through MK on the way to wait for the parade.
Part 11: Festival of Fantasy p1
Part 12: Festival of Fantasy p2

Part 13: Festival of Fantasy p3 (Makes me think of Charmed)
Part 14: Festival of Fantasy p4
Part 15: Peoplemover and Space

Part 16: Hello Epcot!
Part 17: Goodbye Epcot and Goodbye MK!

Aug 30, 2015
Part 1: Goodbye Walt Disney World! I hope to see you again one day!

Extra:
All the firsts

Last edited:
Hi! Sorry the title isn't very catchy, but it gives you an idea of what I did for most of the trip! I'll add how many steps I took later, I forgot my phone at school, along with my school keys! Oops!

Who: Me! I'm Tina, a French Immersion teacher, currently in Kindergarten. You all usually know me as Dorothy from the Golden Girls. I have 9 siblings, 18 nieces and nephews and countless extras that I consider family (besides all my cousins and aunts and uncles...) I love to read, to travel and to take pictures! I can't pick a favorite anything because I always feel bad for the ones I don't pick. I do love Harry Potter and one day I'll stay at the Dark Side to really enjoy the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for a longer amount of time.

wd057wdw2014203100409687_7019097418_18 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And my friend "Blanche" who is a pediatric nurse. She is also my sister ("Rose")'s sister in law. She also has 9 siblings. So you can only imagine the family gatherings at my sister's! She likes gardening, reading and traveling. I think her favorite park is the Magic Kingdom, she loves all the shows especially FOTLK.

Blanche doesn't like me to share her pictures, although I think I came really close to convincing her to not care... Oh well. This is what she'll look like in this TR again. Or something like this.

from raw-9829 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I'm the one in the striped Minnie Mouse shirt. Hee hee

Since we both love to travel and we both love Disney and we're both single, it makes it easier for us to travel together. We've been to DL once, and WDW 5 times. But she's struggled with bad luck with some injuries and health stuff on almost all of those trips, so she's not going back to Disney until at least 2020. :(

Where: One night at Art of Animation and the rest at Pop Century with free dining!
When: Aug 19-30, 2015

Plans: A few ADRs, Mass and outlet shopping, and one day at Universal Studios (kept going back and forth from one to two, but in the end it was just me and I said one day solo is fine for now.)

Most steps in one day: 30,734 (although I often had my camera in my hand, so I don't think it knew I was walking, there may have been more steps.)

Highest High: 34 (93)
Lowest Low: 26 (79)
Humidity was always between 94-100 at the highest.

Last edited:
I am so excited to read this! Elsa and I will read it together. Glad to see you back, this wouldn't be learning report procrastination would it? ' Cause I know I am looking for anything to do except them, too.
Carol

I am so excited to read this! Elsa and I will read it together. Glad to see you back, this wouldn't be learning report procrastination would it? ' Cause I know I am looking for anything to do except them, too.
Carol

No procrastinating yet, I just felt like I've held this off too long already! I've been back for 2 months! Still haven't finished editing though. I did do 3 photobooks this month though as Photobook Canada had some great deals going. May get another one done too, but not sure my wallet can handle them. Hi Elsa! (And Carol too. :) )

I always love your reports!!!!

Thanks! Do you have any on the go? I'm so far behind in everything, they were all done before I got 1/2way done. I'll need to look again as I totally enjoy yours as well. :)

Im joining in!

Welcome!

Before the trip:

I had booked the trip for just me on a bounceback last year. I had no clue if anyone would want to go with me, but I wanted to take advantage of the BB free dining. So I booked a week at Pop Century, std room, with free QSDP. Or so I though. They had upgraded me to the DP. No thank you! Especially not solo. I like dining, but I don't eat a whole lot of TS meals. So when I called to change the dates to add 3 more nights because Blanche was coming along and noticed it was higher than I thought it should be, I started researching. All was well and when I called to fix it, they had no issues. So free meals it was! Blanche and I share a lot, so we were excited to barely pay anything for our meals. We also decided to add one night at the beginning of the trip to stay in a LM room at Art of Animation. We had planned on doing that in 2013, our last trip together, but Blanche had gotten sick and missed the first two nights. So this way she'd get her night. Little did we know the flights we'd book would be so late. :( We booked our FP+, found some cheap (but later in the day) flights on United/Air Canada for under $500, booked a few ADRs, and got excited about our trip.

We took the Sunday before the trip to head to Halifax for the NS Give the Kids the World Fundraiser/Dis Meet. I met a Dis member, or remet, as we'd met at previous meets. Susan R! Hello!!! The Golden Girls had a great time, and Susan actually commented that she totally understood why we used those Golden Girls names for us. I laughed at that. We had a great time laughing and having tons of fun, but we were sad that Rose was not joining us on the trip. She figured she better not go solo anymore until she gets some of her kids to WDW. LOL I was so sure that this was a preview for our trip, that we'd have a lot of laughs and tons of fun.

The day before the trip, my sister in law did my nails. She did a great job!

20150818_154437 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

20150818_154443 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I like to fly out on the first plane out of PEI. I love my little Island, but when I'm going to Florida, I WANT TO GET GOING! This time was no exception, that's what I'd wanted to do. But the deal we got meant that our plane was scheduled to leave at 11:40 am. The other GGs picked me up and we were at Subway by 9am. We got breakfast sandwiches to eat at the airport. Originally I'd wanted to have Mickey waffles with them at my place, but it didn't work out, so I'd made them for myself and my nieces that were over.

Here we are in the backseat of the car... Do I look excited enough?

20150819_083328 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And at the airport when Rose left us. :( Bye Rose.

20150819_091055 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We checked in and went through security really early, and I got swabbed. I seriously don't know why, but I'm always chosen for "random" extra screening. The flight left a little late, but not much, around 12:05 we were in the air. Relief. LOL We landed only about 10 minutes late, so we figured we'd have loads of time to get a bite before heading through the long, long moving walkways of the Montreal airport. Nope, we had to wait in Customs for our bags, well, for them to see the picture of our bags. There were a few people with us who were extremely upset. Some missed their flights. We didn't. We were annoyed though because after we left customs we had to go through security again, or was that before? I can't remember. Blanche had to do the machine x ray thing and I had to have my bag swiped again. See what I mean about the extra stuff? I made a joke about it, and a guy in the line behind me said "It's your socks, maam!" LOL I totally laughed because I think I had rainbow socks on. If I remember correctly, by the time we go to our gate, we were boarding.

I passed the time in Charlottetown taking silly pictures of myself.

20150819_092919 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And going "Is that our plane?"

20150819_111336 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And chatting with families with kids. We always let families know that their children will not bother us on the plane. Just ask them not to kick the back of my seat please! LOL

Such a small airport, we always need to use the stairs... And we have one gate. Well, kind of two, but they use the same door.

20150819_111834 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We kept laughing at the "snow plow" going by. I figure it had something to help the dust in the back, but to see the blade in the front was funny. A little bit frustrating too, I'm not ready to think about snow, thank you! (Even though we did have some in October already.)

I got on the plane and the flight attendant needed two people to move further back in the plane to even out the weight. So a guy behind me and I volunteered to move. There were no empty seats except the exit row. We shrugged and sat there. Then a few minutes later she came back and said "You should have told me you moved." (????) So then she came back and apologized when she realized she asked us to move. After a while, we asked if we could go back. Our things were all up there and our friends.

Here's a horrible picture of me really excited to be heading to Florida. This was in the Washington, where we didn't even have time to sit down. We were supposed to have an hour, so I'm not sure what happened there.

20150819_173630 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We were delayed leaving, even though we were on the plane. We sat for a little bit, but not as long as they'd said. They offered us free tv to make up for the delay, and then we left less than 10 minutes later. LOL We couldn't even see this screen without paying!

20150819_194241 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We didn't have seats together on this leg, but I noticed that the seat beside me was empty, so I asked the flight attendant if Blanche could sit with me. She said sure. Then the one on the aisle asked if she could take Blanche's seat as Blanche was sitting with her friend. I think they try to keep people apart so that they'll pay to choose their seats.

At some point I saw this...

20150819_194358 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Close to landing I started to smell something stinky.

20150819_200231 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

This was the first time I'd ever landed in Orlando in the dark.

from raw-4323 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4329 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And that's all for today, folks, it's almost bedtime and I still need to edit three or four days of the Disney trip!

wow thats a long travel day. But I love your faces passing the time.

Thanks! Do you have any on the go? I'm so far behind in everything, they were all done before I got 1/2way done. I'll need to look again as I totally enjoy yours as well. :)

Welcome!

I do have one going. This one is of my Alaskan Cruise on NCL. I am only about halfway through it now. It's in my signature.

wow thats a long travel day. But I love your faces passing the time.

It was too long. I won't do that again. It's worth paying more to get there earlier! And if there are delays, there is a better chance that we won't miss the whole day. I like it better going with just two flights. There is finally a direct flight once a week out of PEI, but it's only for the winter and I can't travel this year. :(

I do have one going. This one is of my Alaskan Cruise on NCL. I am only about halfway through it now. It's in my signature.

Oh, I may do a TR binge when I'm done my interviews and report cards in a few weeks. LOL Between changing classrooms, editing pictures, and family commitments, I haven't touched anyone's TRS since before I went to Florida!

I am joining in, I read your last report and really enjoyed it. We also stayed in LM room at AoA several years ago when it was brand new. We liked it, however it was very noisy and a long walk for us. I hope you two liked your night there.

After the very long travels, we were excited to be landed. We likely stopped at a restroom, since we only had time to use the ones on the airplanes all day. EEEK! We went for the best car in the 'faux-norail' thingy. It was weird to see everything so dark.

from raw-4332 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Again, weird things in the dark.

from raw-4333 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I was so excited to see a CM, so I took a picture....

from raw-4335 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

For some reason, I really like seeing these queues.

from raw-4337 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

At this point, it was after 9pm, and we were quite hungry. We had packed some snacks for the plane, but still. We were hoping we wouldn't have to wait long for a bus, and then we'd get something to eat at Landscape of Flavours. I was ready for some Disney pizza. LOL

We obviously didn't wait long, because at 9:35 we were seeing another beautiful sign!

from raw-4345 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Hee hee hee... Although I still miss the old video, parts of the new one are fun.

from raw-4346 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And within minutes we were here:

from raw-4347 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I love Disney hotels.... I want to go back now!

from raw-4348 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4350 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4353 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4354 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

They only had a king bed left, so we asked if they were sure they didn't have something else? They looked, but nope. It was a little weird, but at least it was a big bed. LOL

We were starving, so we took our carry on luggage and ate first before heading back to our rooms.

from raw-4355 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I love this resort. It's so beautifully themed.

from raw-4356 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4358 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We shared a Disney pizza. I know, I know, so many wonderful, different things there, but Disney pizza is special to me. I got a glass of water, and Blanche got her diet coke.

from raw-4359 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

What a lovely view outside our room.

from raw-4361 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4362 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4363 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4364 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Our king bed... I was so sure that I would never get a king bed because we (obviously) don't request it and so many people WANT them but don't get them. Weird.

from raw-4365 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4367 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4372 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4373 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4375 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4376 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

When we were walking to our room, I took my sweater and tied it on my rolling carry on suitcase. It got caught under the wheel... it was so sad.

20150819_222307 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

20150819_222319 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4377 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4378 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I think we just went to bed. We were exhausted!!!

I am joining in, I read your last report and really enjoyed it. We also stayed in LM room at AoA several years ago when it was brand new. We liked it, however it was very noisy and a long walk for us. I hope you two liked your night there.

Welcome to a new TR! Thanks for reading along. I loved my second one night stay, but it was a little short. :)

We loved AoA when we went. We're you in the Ursula building by chance? The view looks familiar. Found the closeness to POP wonderful for buses and food court reasons as well as the view. Elsa loved the pictures, 9 people in our group and none of us photographed the rooms!

The arrival is always so exciting. I love your night pictures of AoA!

It is, and quite the opposite of the departure!

We loved AoA when we went. We're you in the Ursula building by chance? The view looks familiar. Found the closeness to POP wonderful for buses and food court reasons as well as the view. Elsa loved the pictures, 9 people in our group and none of us photographed the rooms!

Yes, we were in Ursula. I honestly forgot and had to think back. We weren't in there long as we arrived so late. :( I wish we had cheap direct flights.... all year... LOL WHAT? NONE of you! Too funny! There will likely be a few more from the next morning.

Aug 20, 2015 was check out day. AND check IN day! We were checking out of Art of Animation and checking in to Pop Century to get our free dining. I had really wanted to get inside the pool, but we just didn't feel like it. (Oh well, that's just another excuse to get back another time!) We got up and showered and ready, I snapped some pictures, and we went to breakfast.

from raw-4379 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4380 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We never keep the AC very high in our rooms, but it was so hot and humid out that my camera fogged up anyway!

from raw-4381 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Rob, if you ever are out there again, I took these ones thinking of you!

from raw-4386 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4390 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4394 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4396 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Off to breakfast!

from raw-4402 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4411 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Sorry, but I'm going to stop there, my internet is just not working right. It seems really exceptionally slow and flickr is just too slow like that. In fact, even typing these words, my fingers are WAY ahead of the letters! I'll try to be back tomorrow with more! :)

Love your photos of AoA. I haven't gotten a chance to stay there yet but I have stayed at the pop which I enjoyed.

I loved AoA. I loved Pop. I loved ALL my Disney resorts I've stayed at or visited. LOL I was surprised I didn't take as many pictures at AoA or at Pop as I usually do. Oh well. I have many pictures already/

Let's try again today and hope for better internet!

I think I was ready before Blanche, so I probably took a bunch of pictures while waiting for her. I know I popped in and out of the room taking pictures outside and then inside etc.

Hee hee hee Ursula behind!

from raw-4414 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4415 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We were on the third floor. We'd asked for top, but we were there such a short time...

from raw-4416 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Such a beautiful day!

from raw-4419 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I wore my Little Mermaid shirt since I stayed in a Little Mermaid room.

from raw-4421 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4424 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4426 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I tried to jump, but Blanche wasn't fast enough with the pressing of the shutter. Silly pictures anyways.

from raw-4435 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4436 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4439 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4441 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I think we shared these. We're not big eaters.

from raw-4446 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4447 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4448 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4449 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4450 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4451 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-4452 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

It's such a beautiful resort. We vowed to get back for another meal during our trip. Would we or wouldn't we?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter