60 Days they said...

Murphoid Mouse

Earning My Ears
I really wanted to snag a BOG dinner reservation for the 24th of May. That is 60 Days out as of 600am tomorrow, right? But reservations seem to be open till the 28th of may right now! I was just able to make a reservation for Animal Kingdom rainforest cafe for the 28th of May. I can see availability for all restaurants that far too. Did I miss my chance to get a BOG reservation? I am in big trouble with DW if I did!

Attachments

• 0078072B-C9C1-40FB-9AFC-A600E6391F2E.png
    0078072B-C9C1-40FB-9AFC-A600E6391F2E.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 15
Yes.. 60 days .. just checked and I can only make reservations until May 23rd.. prrhaps you can see more days.. are you staying in property?

I know it certainly isn't anyone reading this's fault. BOG is already sold out for the 24th. Guess it just sucks to be you if you were hoping to get a BOG reservation 60 days out. But hey I already knew it sucks to be me. ;-)

Don’t get discouraged yet! Keep watching for openings, people change plans. Sometimes people will post here when they’re going to cancel. I use TouringPlans’ reservation finder and have had success with that in the past. Additionally, if park hours end up extended on your dates, it is likely that more BOG ADRs will open up, as well. For your dates, I would guess (based on recent patterns) that if park hours are extended that will happen on 5/7, and more BOG ADRs will be added in the early AM hours on 5/10.

You can try a couple of things.. a) take advantage of your window and book it for the 27th or 29th as back up plan; b) activate the dining finder in Touring Plans to get a notification if someone cancels the 24th

You can try a couple of things.. a) take advantage of your window and book it for the 27th or 29th as back up plan; b) activate the dining finder in Touring Plans to get a notification if someone cancels the 24th
Thanks for your advice Beesley and Diana. I managed to find a BOG res on Wednesday the 26. So I had to cancel my park res for that day and thankfully I was able to get a Magic Kingdom park res for Wednesday. Now I need a Sci Fi Drive in res for the 24th as that has become my Hollywood Studios day.

Planning a Disney World Vacation can be so stressful. I moved to Disney Cruises 5-6 years back but that isn't an option right now either. ;-)

I am with you.. planning is quite a task . I am doing for our summer trip, party of 8, starting on May 28th .. my window opens up soon...

glad that I dont have the FP stress too.. now only meed to match park with dining

they have no idea all the time/work required lol

Not to hijack the thread, but this is interesting: if my countdown day is June 8, my reservation day is April 8, correct? We actually get to the Boardwalk June 7, and June 8 is our first park day. Guess I just wanted clarification. Thanks for any help!

Not to hijack the thread, but this is interesting: if my countdown day is June 8, my reservation day is April 8, correct? We actually get to the Boardwalk June 7, and June 8 is our first park day. Guess I just wanted clarification. Thanks for any help!
If Jun 7th is your check in date, use that one to calculate your 60days..

By the way - know that if they extend the park hours for your trip, they will circle back around in a few days and add some later dining reservations, too. They usually extend the hours on Fridays and the dining slots aren't added for another few days. Just check every day (if you are a little ocd like me)

I did that last month - It's kind of magical to leave Magic Kingdom with hardly anyone else there ;-) And even though it was almost an hour after closing that I left, the photographers were all still out so I got some night time photos in front of the castle with no one in the background.

I know it certainly isn't anyone reading this's fault. BOG is already sold out for the 24th. Guess it just sucks to be you if you were hoping to get a BOG reservation 60 days out. But hey I already knew it sucks to be me. ;-)
You certainly are not the only one..... I only need Yak and Yetti for Sunday May 23rd..... an hour in my 60 day and could not find a single one at any time.... Still showed availability for any other day of my trip except Sunday.... thinking of switching or AK with Epcot but man Epcot Flower and Garden on a Weekend!!! sitting on the fence about it.... Before Covid the trick was to try for BOG and Cinderella's Castle closer to the last days of your trip.... As others have said the moment they open the extended hours look immediately for an opening.... Consider using a reservation finder but I am still trying to find a free one.... Yes I am cheap lol!! Good Luck and take comfort in the fact you are not alone....

You certainly are not the only one..... I only need Yak and Yetti for Sunday May 23rd..... an hour in my 60 day and could not find a single one at any time.... Still showed availability for any other day of my trip except Sunday.... thinking of switching or AK with Epcot but man Epcot Flower and Garden on a Weekend!!! sitting on the fence about it.... Before Covid the trick was to try for BOG and Cinderella's Castle closer to the last days of your trip.... As others have said the moment they open the extended hours look immediately for an opening.... Consider using a reservation finder but I am still trying to find a free one.... Yes I am cheap lol!! Good Luck and take comfort in the fact you are not alone....

Join Landry Select and call directly to make reservations :-)

Here is a question that I am having a hard time wrapping my head around- We are staying for two weeks. Can I make my dining reservations for the entirety of my stay on my 60 day mark or only for 10 days past my check in?

Touring Plans reservation finder is free.

Here is a question that I am having a hard time wrapping my head around- We are staying for two weeks. Can I make my dining reservations for the entirety of my stay on my 60 day mark or only for 10 days past my check in?
Only for a total of 10 days starting on checkin day. You can add ADRs day by day after that. You’ll still be way ahead of us who have shorter stays or are staying offsite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter