60 day out online check in?

mme03

Earning My Ears
So I know there are tons of problems with the new site. I read that we can start checking in online at 60 days and then again at 10 days prior to the trip? Is this accurate or a snafu again ha ha? :rotfl: I'm just trying to see one if its true and two, whether I should do that....my 60 day window starts tomorrow and I'm confused what the benefits/drawbacks are to online check in. I'm afraid its like the 180 window for reservations and that I need to be on it asap!

Thanks for helping a newbie yet again!

I'm only aware of online check-in at 10 days. I always do on-line check in, but the only advantage is that your materials are ready when you get to WDW(there's usually a different check-in line)--your room may not be. You also now have to put in a credit card when you do it. The past two times I went I stayed at AKL and SS and had done online check in. My room wasn't ready until 4pm both times and I got there about 9/10am both days. The only thing OCI does is let them know to expect you at a certain time.

my reservation online tells me I can check in at 60 days as well so it's something new. Someone said it has something to do with the new fast pass plus but I don't think they have started that yet.

I have only heard of a 10day check-in time line. And it will speed up our check in process when you arrive.
And now with the new goofy website I can't even get my reservations to come .. and I have added them 4 times .. and they still don't stick.
I am assured they are there, as I have called WDW directly.
What is this "new fast pass" talk?
I hope a veteran on here will clear up some things.

We did online check in for our current trip to All Star Sports. Arrival was a breeze. They had a packed premade with our name on it. Inside were our room keys/tickets, a very detailed explanation of the dining plan, map to our room ... it was very convenient. I was happy enough with the room location, both of our requests were met.

Disney allows earlier check-in now .. it's all part of the gradual roll out of "My Disney +"

bigbabyblues said:
Check out the Theme Parks board, there are several threads there about FP+

Those threads are nightmares filled with conjecture .. VERY little of the final program is known by the public at this point. So please don't panic too much.

They'll be plenty of time to panic, if necessary, after the FULL information is released. ;)

All above is correct but to answer your question, no it is not a computer glitch, you can now do online check-in at 60 days out, in anticipation of the Magic+ rollout. As far as the pros & cons of doing it so early, I'm not sure anyone knows since it just began in the last few days. I have a ressie that's 61 days out & I'm not sure if I will do online check-in tomorrow or not. I'm leaning towards waiting until I hear any pros/cons on here.

We were part of the FP+ test 3 weeks ago, and as exciting as it sounded, it just didn't work for us. We picked 7 FP before the trip, but were only able to use 1 of them. We just weren't in the right park or near the attraction we were supposed to be at at the correct times.

I have only heard of a 10day check-in time line. And it will speed up our check in process when you arrive.
And now with the new goofy website I can't even get my reservations to come .. and I have added them 4 times .. and they still don't stick.
I am assured they are there, as I have called WDW directly.
What is this "new fast pass" talk?
I hope a veteran on here will clear up some things.

I'm having the same exact problem! I tried to add my reservations a few times but it never stuck and kept saying "no reservations". :headache:

Thanks for asking that question - husband and I thought we were going crazy when we saw that just now!

Ok I just went to look at my reservation and it told me I still had to wait the 10 days. Not to mention when I go the website it's the old version again for me. What the heck??? I tried also going thru disney.com then to the park page and it came up as the Mobile Page. :confused3:lmao: I give up. I guess I am waiting till Sunday for my 10 day window :badpc:

Ok, so, do you have to be paid in full at the 60 day window now instead of 45? Or can you check in with a balance and then make your final payment at the 45 day mark?

The only thing that i found diffrnt with the check in was the reqired credit card info. Can u stil opt out of having room charging priveleges?
Why r they now requiring a cc?

I am checking in in 21 days, and I did the online check in the other day. I saw it was available so I figured what the heck lol? We will see what happens when we get there I guess.

LovinPooh said:
The only thing that i found diffrnt with the check in was the reqired credit card info. Can u stil opt out of having room charging priveleges?
Why r they now requiring a cc?

I don't know why they are requiring a CC for online checkin. They started that a couple months ago. You can remove charging privaledges when you arrive.

Ok, so, do you have to be paid in full at the 60 day window now instead of 45? Or can you check in with a balance and then make your final payment at the 45 day mark?

You still have to pay the package 45 days prior to arrival. With this new crazy website I would do it a few days early. On the new website, I can't even see where to make a payment. Once your balance is paid in full and you are less than 60 days from your check-in date, it will allow you to do the on-line check in. I did it last week with about 35 days to go. I am not too comfortable with the new website but I did get a confirmation. Hopefully the whole process was saved successfully. Hate to find out different when I arrive! Fingers crossed.

The 60-day out check-in (huh? Isn't that more of an "advanced reservation" in anyone's real world) apparently also REQUIRES you to register for and login to My Disney Experience as part of the process.

I suspect they are absolutely desperate to ensure that they data-mine every single person at every single opportunity; God knows how much tracking info this whole Next gen project is going to generate when they're done, but I suspect that's part of how they plan to get their money back for it.

Andre

my 60 day window is tomorrow..dont know if I will check in online...but a CC is required ..but you can opt out when you check in to your resort, its a part of the FP+ next gen..whatever they call it,,,doubt it gets rolled out in time for my visit in March..but who knows...it may not even be good for us..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter