6 year old son walking me down the isle??

donaldsgirl

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
Hi, my husband and I are Military..so this is actually our 9th wedding date. We got married at the court house last oct but we are FINALLY having our wedding at Sea Breeze Point in Sept. We have been trying to have a wedding for the last 3 years and the original wedding was to be VERY FORMAL. We were to get married at the Naval Academy Chapel, so the dress that I chose was meant for that venue. My husband will be wearing his Dress Whites (he is an officer in the Navy) and my dress is Cathedral train, ballgown..meant for an evening wedding, not to mention that it weighs about 20 lbs..very heavy. NOW we are actually having our ceremony, outside..in sept at 2:30 pm (all they had available). My question is how do you make such a small afternoon wedding look the way I had originally planned??? My dad wont be able to make the wedding, so I was thinking about having my 6 year old son walk me down the isle...I need some ideas please..This isnt turning out like I had hoped...HELP!!!!!!:scared1::confused::sad2:

It's your wedding day, so wear whatever you want! Great big dresses look just as beautiful outside as they do inside. It can still be really formal. It just depends on your decor and your attire.

Also, I think that it would be sweet if your son walked you down the aisle. My son tells everyone that he is my prince charming and that I am his girlfriend!

I agree, you can wear a ballgown. SBP is a very pretty location, I don't think it will look out of place.

A lot of the old rules don't matter as much anymore, and you can definitely have a very formal reception still if that's what you want. It's your day and you get to call the shots!

I think it would be very cute to have your son walk you down the aisle and will make him a part of the wedding.

Both Caryn (Caryndisneydiva) and Lynn (Lynn5700) had ball gowns at SBP and they both looked beautiful! Lynn had a long train that was just lovely in pictures so I don't think you need to worry about the dress not matching or looking right.
I think it's lovely to have your son walk you down the aisle! What a way to include him.
You can also dress SBP up a little with a flower petal aisle and some floral if you are concerned about that.
Everything will be lovely! Don't worry!

Hey, thanks everyone...I have so much going on at home. I am just overwhelmed with things that need to be decided on . I spent 3 years planning a wedding at the Naval Academy and now have to change the venue. I LOVE the idea of a wedding at Disney World but wish I had longer to get the details together.. I really dont want to think back and say..I really wish I would have thought about this or that. That is all...we will LOVE it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter