6 tons of DISNEY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRERALEX

That's a wrap.
hey i needed a catchy title

Local - WKMG MyCFNow.com

Tons Of Fertilizer Missing From Disney
Wed Oct 16, 7:56 PM ET

Authorities in Orange County, Fla., are investigating the theft of about 6 tons of fertilizer from a Walt Disney World landscaping facility, according to Local 6 News.

A Disney supervisor noticed that 237 bags of the fertilizer had disappeared from a secured storage facility last week. Disney security immediately notified the Orange County sheriff's office after the theft.

At first, authorities were concerned that the fertilizer was a danger to the public, Local 6 News reported.

"We did get some information from the manufacturer that there was really no hazard behind it, but we still treat it as a regular theft," Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Carlos Torres said.

Disney recieved the $3,000 shipment of the fertilizer three weeks ago. Investigators are not sure if the 50 pound bags were stolen all at one time or over the last several weeks.

Investigators are looking into the possibility that the theft was an inside job, Local 6 News reported.

well it was that or "the craps it the fan?"

thats alot of crap to be missing pretty amazing. 6TONS thats just nuts.

can you imagine what the person who noticed said like"holy crap"

what the crap" im in deep crap lololollol oh man the possibilities are endless

Kind of reminds me of the time I was driving my MIL's car and pulled down the visor.....something came flying out at me and I shouted "Jesus!" Well, what do you know.....it was! It was a cardboard thing with a drawing of Jesus and a driving prayer!

My apologies to any I may have offended.....

Wasn't fertilizer the main ingredient in that loser Tim McVeigh's truck bomb?

Hopefully nobody has hijacked a Diesel tanker recently...

Wasn't fertilizer the main ingredient in that loser Tim McVeigh's truck bomb?

On the surface, this story is pretty funny, but yes, fertilizer is frequently used (not the only ingredient) to make bombs, and I think that's what Bstanley was referring to...

I only know of two uses for that much fertilizer. One is to, well, fertilize, and other is to make bombs. (any other ideas?)

Hopefully, its some local farmer who resents Disney and just saw an opportunity to get back at them...

Or maybe a clerical error?

Yes sir Mr. Matt,

A nitrogen rich fertilizer mixed with a bit of diesel oil and another commonly available ingredient makes a dandy explosive mixture with a rate of detonation not far off from the ever popular trinitrotoluene and about 2 tons of the mixture is indeed what is supposed to have brought down the Murrah Bldg in Oklahoma City.

This story is actually moderately alarming.

Disney repors 6 tons of fertilizer stolen

By Pedro Ruz Gutierrez | Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted October 17, 2002

Someone has taken nearly 6 tons of turf fertilizer from a Walt Disney World maintenance depot, and authorities are now investigating it as a theft.

Sometime between late September and Oct. 8, 237 bags of the turf supplement worth $2,957 went missing from the maintenance compound. The bags were part of a 22-ton shipment received on Sept. 26.

"I track the bags used daily and on 10/8/02 it was discovered we were missing 6 tons (237 50lb bags) of fertilizer," wrote Timothy Flowers, an area manager for Disney pest management. "It was after meeting the fertilizer team that the bag counts did not match up."

The brand-name fertilizer is the type kept at hardware stores for residential use, said Deputy Carlos Torres, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's office.

Investigators were told by the fertilizer's manufacturer that this mixture is not hazardous and is not the type used to make explosive devices, Torres said.

Torres said agents are closely coordinating with Disney investigators to develop a list of suspects. Those might include anybody who could have had access to the maintenance area in the past or knew of the fertilizer shipments.

Flowers told deputies that the front gate of the compound is locked after hours but the rear gate is not.

:confused: This sounds like a simple crime of opportunity. It could be steer manure for all we know! I wonder why they don't lock up everything; they will now!

jlima,

That's good news! I'm glad to hear that what was stolen from Disney is not the stuff that makes nasty-nasty things.

Did I read this right? The front gate is locked, but the back gate is open !!!

"anybody who could have had access to the maintenance area" sounds like an employee with sticky fingers, or at least someone with a key to a vehicle that wouldn't be suspect. But why would anyone want to steal manure ?!?!?

:Pinkbounc

Crap happens! ;)

Can't they get their crap together?! ;)

...man I could go on for a while. :teeth:

Seriously though, 237 50lb. bags of fertilizer? How on earth do they swipe that without someone noticing before it's too late?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter