• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 person Golf Cart

TmnsnMD

Mouseketeer
When we were at the Fort in 2001 we rented the 4 person cart (only 3 of us then) and really loved it -- so nice to just tool around in -- Great after a long day in the parks -- so DH said "Make Sure You Rent A Golf Cart!!!"

So, with Credit Card in hand, I got on the phone and called the Bike Barn to make my ressie for a 6 person GC for our Aug 2004 trip. (This trip we will have DH, DS (15), DS best friend (16), DCousin (10), DCousin (7), and myself)

I advised the CM that I would like to make my ressie - blah, blah, blah - then she advised me that the new rates would not be out until Oct - no problem with me, I have a whole year yet - BUT the big problem was, they DO NOT make ressies for the 1 (yes, you heard me only 1) 6 person GC and she wasn't sure they would have (keep) that one next year.

I then asked about going off property to rent one and was told the requirement (lights, no one under 16 can drive, we would have to go and get - no drop offs, etc).

I don't want to sound dumb - but wouldn't it be wise to have more than 1 of the large carts? I know there are more families than ours that have more than 1 or 2 kids. I'm not upset that we will have to go off property - it would have been easier to just pick one up on property.

Has anyone had trouble getting the 6 person cart - should we just try when we get there or not take the chance?

Any help/ideas would be great!

Thanks again,
TmnsnMD

If you can $wing it, you may want to go with two carts. I see a 16 and a 15-year old boy on your list and I know that they'll be heading off on their own. Also, driving a golf cart is a teenager's favorite FW activity!

I was able to reserve the 6 person golfcart for our trip in Oct. I suggest you call back and speak to someone else.

Juls -- Thanks for the advised, I will give them another call.

Would you let me know what the daily rate for the 6 person cart is? And do you get a per day discount for a week or longer rental? Just want to have the info so we will know if it would be close to rent 2 - 4 person carts or 1 - 6 person cart. I know the boys would love it.

Thanks for your help.

TmnsnMD

Can't find the exact $$ now, but I believe the daily rate for the 6 person cart is around $63/day. Don't know of any discounts for weekly rentals. and yes, there is only 1 6 person cart. I have a ressie for our trip this Nov/Dec. Please call again, see what happens this time. Maybe they're not taking ressies for '04?

Well maybe I am just hitting wrong time, wrong cm — I called again (just now) and was told that they no longer have a 6 person cart, they may get another one at some point, but could not take ressies for a 6 person cart. I then stated that I had read on the Internet where people had made ressies and used the 6 person cart. She then processed to say she was sorry. (By the way she was very NICE).

I'll try one more time, but after that I will give my money to another company for a golf cart. I wonder if the Disney would allow an off prem company to deliver their cart since WDW can not meet my needs (haha). Oh well just a thought.

Please let me know if anyone else is able to make ressies for 2004 for the 6 person cart — THANKS!!

TmnsnMD

Your last post scared me so I just got off the phone with the bike barn after confirming my golf cart ressie.
I am still confirmed for my 6 person golf cart for oct. No, they dont have any of the new golf carts in 6 seater, they are all 4 person. But they said I was still down for the 6 person cart, so I am relieved. Maybe they are going to phase it out, and thats why you cant reserve one for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter