6 days to go and we're sick :(

Snow_White

DIS Veteran
The title says it all...there are 6 days left until our wedding day and my fiance and I are both sick with nasty colds!! I've had a cold for about a week, so hopefully mine will be gone by the time next Tuesday rolls around, but my fiance just starting showing his symptoms this morning :( :( Believe it or not, he feels so crappy that he's still in bed!! We have to drive down to FL on Friday (15 hour drive), so that's not going to be fun. I'm so disappointed :( Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make a cold go away really quick? Please share any tips or advice!!! We're just drinking lots of water, taking tylenol cold, and getting lots of rest.

Jennifer

oh no! :( It might be too late for you, but go to the drugstore and buy some Airborne for your fiance, although it might be too late for him too if he already feels crappy. That stuff is totally magic! I started getting a really bad sore throat the weekend before my wedding, and everyone told me to take this airborne stuff. Usually the day after a sore throat is full-blown cold nastiness for me. I took this stuff every 4 hrs for 2 days, and - no cold! I totally swear by this now!

I guess the only advice I can give you is what you probably already know: fluids and rest! Try the Airborne, though. Take Vitamin C! I personally like peppermint tea with honey, too...and hot baths! Vicks vapo rub is good if you're stuffy... Oh, and don't forget to eat!

Feel better!

hugs,
c

oh, that awful. make sure to drink plenty of fluids, get 8+ hours of sleep, take some echunasia ?sp or ginseng pills to help shorten the cold & vitamin c. if the cold is more severe check in with the dr. maybe they could get you some meds. hope youre both feeling better soon & in time for the big day.

Take vitamins, drink water and orange juice. I got something that I gave to my whole family and we have all been sick for weeks now. What helped me was going to the doctor but I also took thera-flu and the robitussin gel caps for severe flu and cold. These made me feel better. I slept a lot too. I really hope you are feeling better soon.

Even if you are...remember what the day is really about.

Oh no!!! This is one of my nightmares about our wedding! (Seriously!!!) I agree with everyone's comment's about rest, airborne, ect, and just wanted to add that if you have any sinus or throat trouble at all, then I would take him and possibly you to the doctor immediately. I'm a nurse, and the doctors around here will give you a short (one week) course of steroids, and I tell you...in about a day you will feel better. It really helps with the inflammation of the sinuses and allows everything to heal up faster. I would think that in your situation, the doctor would be willing to give you anything he could to help you recover FAST! Best of luck!!! And get lots of rest!

I agree with all the above posts, they all help you feel better. But if I was getting married in 6 days, I would definitely go to the doctor. They may be able to give you something that will make it go away faster or at least keep you sniffle free during the ceremony. I hate going to doctors, but they might help. You only get married once right? One other thing, I'm not sure where you live, but maybe the humid, warm air in Florida will clear you up a bit. I had a cold before our Disney trip when I was 16 and the warm air did help. Feel better! :grouphug:

Thanks for the advice and support....I knew you guys would understand. I put in a call to my doctor like Heather and Jessica recommended and I'm going to make a grocery store run in a few minutes to try to pick up some of stuff everyone recommended.

Yes, I'm hoping the warm southern air will help us too...we live in Maryland and the weather here is stinky (chilly--everyone seems to be sick)!!!

i always find that if ive got a cold, wrap up in as many layers as possible, drink hot drinks and basically sweat it out. its an unpleasant way to do it but i find it always helps me get better quicker

karentan said:
i always find that if ive got a cold, wrap up in as many layers as possible, drink hot drinks and basically sweat it out. its an unpleasant way to do it but i find it always helps me get better quicker

Interesting...great advise. I'm going to try it next time, it makes total sense.

That is just too bad. I agree with everyone you should drink at least two liters of water a day and take some B complex (helps strengthen your immune system) and vitamin C.

However, the most IMPORTANT thing you can do to get better is.... RELAX. Both of you are stressed out because of the weddding. It has been proven that stress breaks down your immune system. So... take a bath... with your groom , do anything to relax. it is very important. Hope you feel better!!!

another vote for airborne here - i got a horrible cold a week before i went to WDW last year, and with the help of airborne managed to get it down to a mild cough by the time our trip arrived. i hope it works for you!! get lots of rest and have a great wedding!

A little update...my doctor was totally unhelpful :( He had absolutely no suggestions for me and wouldn't even talk to me (I talked to the receptionist)....needless to say, I'm switching PCP's after this experience :(

ANYWAY!! I decided to ask my pharmacist for her input and she also recommended Airborne...we just took out first dose a few minutes ago!! I'm crossing my fingers it helps!! I'm also chomping on a Vit. C tablet now. So, we're going to try to go with Airborne, Vitamin C, Tylenol Cold, and lots of water. Hopefully it will work!!! I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

Jennifer

I am also getting married in six days at WDW (November 1st - same as Snow White) and I started feeling sick last week and everyone at work recommended something called Emgeren-C, it is a bunch of vitamins mostly C in a powder form that I added to water in in four days I felt so much better.

karentan - I also agree with your advice, my fiance does this all the time and has me do it to the kids when they are sick, let them sweat it out and it works!

Dawn

You may not like my advice, but I would avoid taking anything that makes your symptoms disappear.. even advil unless your temperature reaches above 101 or so. Cold medicines are temporary relief but dont help you get better sooner. Let your body's immune system handle it!! 6 days is still a lot of time to get well! Save the cold medicines to when you're on your trip. And try not to spread it to anyone else who's coming to the wedding ;)

My sister's husband was as sick as a puppy on the wedding day itself. Was throwing up like every hour for the days leading up to the wedding, and had a really high temperature. (Nothing serious, just a stomach flu).. The day of the wedding he just sort of sucked it up and put on his game face. Couldn't even tell he was sick. Though I think the honeymoon consisted of nothing but sleep LOL.

I hope you get better though, I will send healthy vibes your way!!!!

Mary626 said:
You may not like my advice, but I would avoid taking anything that makes your symptoms disappear.. even advil unless your temperature reaches above 101 or so. Cold medicines are temporary relief but dont help you get better sooner. Let your body's immune system handle it!! 6 days is still a lot of time to get well!!

Mary, what do you think of taking supplements though? Like Vit. C and Airborne? I was hoping they would speed things along a bit.

Snow_White said:
Mary, what do you think of taking supplements though? Like Vit. C and Airborne? I was hoping they would speed things along a bit.

Oh I should have mentioned that, I think vitamins and airborne are perfectly fine!! :) Remember that this is just my opinion anyways, I'm no doctor obviously.. do what you're most comfortable with! I hope you get well soon!

Mary626 said:
Oh I should have mentioned that, I think vitamins and airborne are perfectly fine!! :) Remember that this is just my opinion anyways, I'm no doctor obviously.. do what you're most comfortable with! I hope you get well soon!

Yeah, we're doing everything that we can! Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed :)

It's a sign :rotfl2: JK
We live here in MD also and your right boy did turn fast also only thing going is knowing we're going close to the 24 hr countdown. :banana:
Anyhow have a great day and the rest of you'reS life together can't think of a better way to start it.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Pixie dust for the both of you :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter