6 days in June. Help me plan please!

BaBaDisney

Earning My Ears
We've got a trip planned the 8th - 13th of June. Here's what I'm thinking:

8th Half day at Hollywood Studios. (our flight will arrive in the morning) Hit the non-Star Wars rides.
9th Magic Kingdom all day.
10th Full day at Hollywood Studios (Star Wars day!)
11th Epcot (early morning Magic Hours)
12th Magic Kingdom all day. (early morning Magic Hours)
13th Animal Kingdom all day (early morning Magic Hours)

My questions are:

1. Am I correct in thinking HS is more than a one day park now with all the new Star Wars items? We want to hit all the SW stuff plus everything else.

2. Should I take advantage of the extra Magic Hours? Or rearrange and go to parks on days that don't have the Magic Hours? We don't have park hoppers. We did the extra hours last time I was there at Animal Kingdom and that worked great. But I'm getting mixed signals about using them on other parks.

Thanks!

1) I think DHS will be doable in 1 day but I certainly think you’ll appreciate the additional Tier 1 FastPasses (whatever tier 1 is at that point) that you’d get from an extra half day.

2)my rule of thumb without parkhoppers is that if it’s a busy time of year, avoid EMH, and if it’s a quiet time of year, take advantage. I imagine mid-June is right in between; if probably avoid. Undercover Tourist has a free crowd calendar that is at least directionally accurate.

I am going the same week as you, OP. Like you, I have not decided whether or not I will take advantage of the extra hours or avoid that park. I am thinking I will take advantage of the extra magic hours at MK, especially the night ones since my kids are older (one teenager and one in his early twenties) so they will like the later evening hours better). Otherwise, I think I will probably skip the park with extra magic hours. I plan to do my Hollywood Studios day later in the week to give me a better change of getting a fastpass for the Star Wars ride. The last time we were in WDW was in 2014 so we have not seen Pandora or Toy Story land yet. Lots of new additions to check out on this trip.

If you'll arrive before morning EMH starts and take full advantage then I think they're worth it. If you won't/can't then definitely not. For evening EMH if you can stay for all of it it can be worth it too.

We've got a trip planned the 8th - 13th of June. Here's what I'm thinking:

8th Half day at Hollywood Studios. (our flight will arrive in the morning) Hit the non-Star Wars rides.
9th Magic Kingdom all day.
10th Full day at Hollywood Studios (Star Wars day!)
11th Epcot (early morning Magic Hours)
12th Magic Kingdom all day. (early morning Magic Hours)
13th Animal Kingdom all day (early morning Magic Hours)

My questions are:

1. Am I correct in thinking HS is more than a one day park now with all the new Star Wars items? We want to hit all the SW stuff plus everything else.

2. Should I take advantage of the extra Magic Hours? Or rearrange and go to parks on days that don't have the Magic Hours? We don't have park hoppers. We did the extra hours last time I was there at Animal Kingdom and that worked great. But I'm getting mixed signals about using them on other parks.

Thanks!

HS is more than a one day park if you're interested in the things it has to offer. I never agreed with people who said it used to be a half day park, but then again I liked the stuff it had. So that's subjective. If you want to hit absolutely everything, from a pure time standpoint then yes it probably is more than one day. Or it would be one very long day.

The "avoid EMH" thing is completely myth, I see no reason to avoid a park that has EMH if you aren't attending it. In all of our visits, we have found it to make no difference.

Early June isn't all that busy, in relative terms. You're going at a good time.

I am going the same week as you, OP. Like you, I have not decided whether or not I will take advantage of the extra hours or avoid that park. I am thinking I will take advantage of the extra magic hours at MK, especially the night ones since my kids are older (one teenager and one in his early twenties) so they will like the later evening hours better). Otherwise, I think I will probably skip the park with extra magic hours. I plan to do my Hollywood Studios day later in the week to give me a better change of getting a fastpass for the Star Wars ride. The last time we were in WDW was in 2014 so we have not seen Pandora or Toy Story land yet. Lots of new additions to check out on this trip.

I don't think they're doing fast pass for Star Wars. At least not for the main two rides. Can anyone confirm?

I don't think they're doing fast pass for Star Wars. At least not for the main two rides. Can anyone confirm?
Not right now, but I’d be shocked if they don’t make a change to FP at DHS between now and March when Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens.

Exactly what that change is is tbd. People who know things on other corners of the internet have indicated that FP tiering would likely put MMRR and both Star Wars rides in Tier 1, although Disney changes their mind all the time (and MF:SR is nowhere near as popular as they expected it to be, while ROTR seems to have the opposite problem)

Not right now, but I’d be shocked if they don’t make a change to FP at DHS between now and March when Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens.

Exactly what that change is is tbd. People who know things on other corners of the internet have indicated that FP tiering would likely put MMRR and both Star Wars rides in Tier 1, although Disney changes their mind all the time (and MF:SR is nowhere near as popular as they expected it to be, while ROTR seems to have the opposite problem)

I almost think they’d be better off putting RotR MMRR and SDD as the Tier 1s. Other people have suggested maybe there will be 3 tiers. I could see that with MFSR and a couple others in Tier 2 with a Tier 3 for most of the shows and ST. I really hope they don’t have 4/5 rides in Tier 1 unless they change it so you can get 2 FPs out of Tier 1.

i also agree that if you like shows HS was hard to schedule in one day before. I think it’s easily going to be a 2 day park. That’s what we’re planning for May.

From the standpoint of making it easier for people to follow MFSR makes sense (all GE + MMRR).. From the standpoint of reducing the craziness of having FPs gone at 7:01 am 60+7 days out it would be better to go with the most popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter