6 days...DD and Me

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We will be at SSR for a week Feb. 2022. DH loves staying on property, eating out at DS and relaxing at the pool. DD is turning 9 this weekend and since we skipped Disney this winter is super excited for our trip and "wants to go to all the parks." DH has admitted he doesn't want to go to any of the parks. He has done the parks with us when DD was younger and the last few trips DD and I have taken one day at MK together and then we all did sea world one year and DH did Epcot with us the other year. So I really want to do 3 days at the parks..but that means half the vacation just being me and DD..but she is only 9 once and this is prime Disney time! Dh does want to do universal but I think we can wait another year or two for that. Should I just get 2 park days or get the 3? I keep asking DD which parks and she can't narrow it down. If 2 days I think HS (we haven't done Toy Story Land yet or ToT or Mickeys railway) and MK. Although..she has not done Flights of Passage, Dinosaur and Lion King show. She is a tomboy and not into princesses like she was at 4 and 5. Also she really wants to eat with Chip and Dale at Garden Grill and really likes Epcot. What to do?!

First step, see what / if parks are available and that may help you make your decision as to how many days and where you want to spend them.

Leave DH at home and do the dream trip your DD is asking for 😂

All joking aside, kids do better with structure. Just tell her that she needs to pick two parks she wants to go to.

Or, you do park hoppers and do 2 parks each day.

Leave DH at home and do the dream trip your DD is asking for 😂

All joking aside, kids do better with structure. Just tell her that she needs to pick two parks she wants to go to.

Or, you do park hoppers and do 2 parks each day.
If I can't get my daughter to nail down 2 parks, do you have any suggestions based on my post above? Thanks!

Do a mother/daughter trip. I did one with DD two years ago and will be doing another trip next year. They are amazing and magical. :wizard:

If a trip alone isn’t an option, I would do 3 park days if she can’t decide and add on the park hopper option. That way you can hit all 4 parks.

If I can't get my daughter to nail down 2 parks, do you have any suggestions based on my post above? Thanks!
I feel like you answered the question yourself, with saying how you haven't done the attractions at DHS and DAK. Personally, I can't imagine doing a trip to WDW and not hitting MK, but if your daughter would be more into DAK, than do that.

The issue RIGHT NOW though with DAK is that there isn't the Lion King show or The Finding Nemo show. It's starting to cater back to being a half day park.

If I were you, I would put together two touring plans - one for MK and one for DAK - and present them to your daughter. See which one she would prefer to do. If she is all about the rides, then MK may be a better fit because there are more attractions. But if she wants to try new attractions and is okay seeing animals/doing nature walks more throughout the day, then DAK will work.

I feel like you answered the question yourself, with saying how you haven't done the attractions at DHS and DAK. Personally, I can't imagine doing a trip to WDW and not hitting MK, but if your daughter would be more into DAK, than do that.

The issue RIGHT NOW though with DAK is that there isn't the Lion King show or The Finding Nemo show. It's starting to cater back to being a half day park.

If I were you, I would put together two touring plans - one for MK and one for DAK - and present them to your daughter. See which one she would prefer to do. If she is all about the rides, then MK may be a better fit because there are more attractions. But if she wants to try new attractions and is okay seeing animals/doing nature walks more throughout the day, then DAK will work.
This is a great idea. Thank you!!

Leave DH at home and do a mother/daughter trip, one day at each park. Honestly, that’s what I would do if my DH didn’t want to do the parks... especially if it’s a trip for her birthday.

I agree. My husband and I do separate vacations with friends or the kids if it’s something the other isn’t interested in. No need to waste money and time going on trips we aren’t really feeling into.

My husband likes Disney but he doesn’t love it like DD and I do. So we do some trips without him.

We will be at SSR for a week Feb. 2022. DH loves staying on property, eating out at DS and relaxing at the pool. DD is turning 9 this weekend and since we skipped Disney this winter is super excited for our trip and "wants to go to all the parks." DH has admitted he doesn't want to go to any of the parks. He has done the parks with us when DD was younger and the last few trips DD and I have taken one day at MK together and then we all did sea world one year and DH did Epcot with us the other year. So I really want to do 3 days at the parks..but that means half the vacation just being me and DD..but she is only 9 once and this is prime Disney time! Dh does want to do universal but I think we can wait another year or two for that. Should I just get 2 park days or get the 3? I keep asking DD which parks and she can't narrow it down. If 2 days I think HS (we haven't done Toy Story Land yet or ToT or Mickeys railway) and MK. Although..she has not done Flights of Passage, Dinosaur and Lion King show. She is a tomboy and not into princesses like she was at 4 and 5. Also she really wants to eat with Chip and Dale at Garden Grill and really likes Epcot. What to do?!
I'd do 3...I guess I don't really get the issue. DH doesn't want to go to parks; you and dd do...so go. You'll still see dh at night...it'll be fine...go and enjoy you guys will have a blast.

I’d personally do all 4 parks, on 4 park days since you’re there for a week. Hubby can either accompany you or stay at the resort. I feel like kids are only young once and if he doesn’t wanna go to the parks with you than that’s on him, but don’t punish the kid with less park time because DH doesn’t “like” the parks. Just my opinion. And if you do end up doing only 2 days but she wants to hit all the parks, then get hoppers and do 2 parks each day.

Optimum -- do four park days
Next -- do three park days and Park Hop
By listening to your thoughts, it sounds like you would like to Start at MK, HS, and AK. I would start at those three and leave at noon or early afternoon. If you are up for it -- I would go and do EPCOT in the early afternoon via park hopping. It opens at 11:00 right now. I would do this on your AK day. Lion King should be back and fully running by the time you are going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter