6 bed Pool home Emerald Island - the Bonita

Mainebound

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We stayed in a 6 bedroom pool home in Emerald Island for 10 nights in May. We had stayed in Emerald Island last year as well. This year we drove around to look at other nearby developments off 192, and I think EI is still one of the nicest. Very lovely entrance, gate with 24 hour guard, very upscale, quiet community. It has a nice community pool with business center and arcade, lovely walking trails etc.

To get to WDW from Emerald Island, you drive about 1 mile to get onto 192, then you are on 192 for one traffic light. You take a left onto Sherberth Road until you get to Osceola. You take a right on Osceola, and signs direct you to the parks. It is fast and easy. EI is one of the closest of these developments to WDW, a major plus for us.

The house itself is located in the "Enclave" section of EI. This means it has a larger lot. It is not overlooked (there are no neighbors to your right or behind you) and you can see lots of grass and trees when you sit by the pool. We liked this better than our previous rental, which had homes on both sides only a few feet away.

The home is all on one floor, which was good for us as we travel with my elderly mother. It has 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms (one with direct access to the pool). The two master baths are huge, with walk in showers and large garden tubs and walk in closet.

All of the bedrooms were a good size, especially the masters which were enormous. We really liked the decor, very tasteful with a relaxing sea shore/vacaton theme throughout (fish, beach, surfing, etc.). There were ceiling fans everywhere, even out by the pool, which was great. The home was extremely clean and well-stocked with every necessity in the kitchen, etc.

The home is stocked with literally hundreds of movies, many for children. Also the two twin bedrooms had a lot of books and toys which the kids (ages 4-6) loved. The pool area also had a lot of toys, from little squirt guns to floaties.
It also had PS2, and TVs and DVD players in every room.

We felt the owner, Deb, was incredibly responsive and helpful before, during, and after our stay. We had three very small issues over the 11 days and got a reply email or phone call within a couple of hours. We also once had to call the management company, and they called back a few hours later. Our refund security deposit check has already been maied back to us.

There a couple of minor things that we did not love about the home: there is one main living area with a sectional sofa that comfortably seats only about 5 adults. This did not provide enough space for the whole family to gather, although there was seating for 8 by the pool if we had wanted to sit out there. The only other thing was that this main living area was tiled. the tiles are beautiful, but with high ceilings and no soft goods in the room, the echo was pretty loud from talking or the TV. If it were my house, I would put some chairs and rugs in the main living area to make it more quiet, and to have a place to sit and read.

Overall we loved the Bonita and had an outstanding vacation there. I would recommend it to anyone.

Would you mind sharing how much the rental was and also how much the deposit was? We're contemplating going offsite one trip and doing other Orlando attractions such as Sea World, and perhaps a day trip to Busch Gardens in Tampa. We're also thinking of bringing my and DH's mom so not being in a hotel room with them would be nice. Oh and can you request things, like a non smoking house (DD and I have asthma) and can they provide bed rails for smaller kids, or could we at least pull a mattress off and put it on the floor so if they were to fall they wouldn't fall far? Thanks! :goodvibes

Most of the rental homes are non-smoking, which is wonderful. So, you'll find that almost anywhere. A rental home is a great exp. when traveling w/ extended family (that you of course can spend that much together time with :thumbsup2 ). When we go w/ my parents and sister, it's the only way for us to go. It's great when someone has such great things to say about a specific home, it helps give a sense of confidence to others interested in that specific property.

Thanks Kilee- that is great to know about the smoking. Hopefully everyone who stays there respects that. :) I agree- if we are going to go with extra family but not like a full out family reunion this seems to be the way to go. Honestly, I don't know that having extra people there won't make us nuts but at least with a set up like this we have the option to spread out and have our own space. Now we'd just have to see what the MIL thinks of vegetarian cooking :rotfl2: I do think that staying in a property like this sounds like a blissful retreat from our typical go go go WDW vacations. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: Thanks again!

can you post the link where you found this house please... we are going in November and this sounds really nice

we have stayed in a Beautiful 6 Bed room villa during our last disney Trip in April 2006. It was a great Vacation. The villa was very nice and spacicous to accomodate our team.

We have booked our villa through this springvacationrentals.
The Website has a variety of properties to choose and are rented by Owner.

I hope this may be of help for those who are looking for a nice place to stay.

We have changed our minds so many times as to where we want to stay. We have decided to stay in a house. It is just the four of us, but the kids do so much better eating more at home then all the time in a restautrant.

I am so nervous about where to stay, are the neighborhoods safe?

I think most neighborhoods are safe it is just as we all know anything can happen at any time any where.

Emerald Islland is a gated community but again I think anything could happen so I would never say never. We ourselves have had no problems in the 2 years we have owned there.

Here are some web sites that may help you out. Also a map to show where the communities are located.

http://www.fabvillas.com/villa-rental/menu/1/?session=1642522395
http://www.smartorlandovillas.com/
http://www.topvillasillustrated.com/
http://www.orlando4villas.com/

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa/map.htm
http://www.1stfororlando.com/Location-map.htm

You can ask below about safety on the general forum. I have stayed close by to EI and we also had no problems while we stayed. The community was Indian Ridge Oakes.

This is so overwhelming so many places. The prices vary also. Do you have to pay for the pool heat? :dance3:

Most home owners do charge for pool heat. It is recomended for the months of Oct. thru April.There is also pool and spa heat. Some owners have a spa that goes up to a higher temp and is worked by propane. That is also an added charge. I am not familiar with it we do not have that type of spa.

We go in Feb. and my kids swimm almost every day. There has been a couple of days where it was a frost so they didn't even when the pool was heated. I on the other hand generally do not go in unless the air temp is high while we are down. I hate the cold. Our temp is at 85 with a solar cover. If you are ever down in the winter months and do not keep the solar cover on diromg the night the temp will not stay well. It is easy to do I have done it by myself when every one left and I was down by my self.

Blondie the best way to go about finding a home is to make a list of what you need as a family and go from there.Once you have found your home contact the owner and ask as many questions as you want answers to -any reasonable owner won't mind in the slightest.
You can also go by personal recommendation or find a site that asks owners to verify their ownership on a regular basis so you know you have a dergree of peace of mind s you select your home.
Rates will vary so if you find one you like and iis in your budget book it or it may go.

Pool heat is usually offered as an extra sone owners include it in their winter charge so always look at the total you pay before comparing.Also ask if they have a cover -if not you will be losing all the heat you pay for during the day overnight and the heater has to work harder the next day to catch up and if there is a cover try to remember to use it if it is on a roller is an easy task.

Did a house years ago on the coast and not sure if things have changed but: We where expected to wash all bed linen's, towels, vacumn, clean bathrooms, etc.. and set house up for next renter. Is this still standard? Just wondering cause this all took quite a bit of work on the last day. OR am I totally out of date?

Not in the homes I know of. There is a cleaning crew that comes in after every stay. You are asked to put out the trash on your given days.

psriv76 said:
we have stayed in a Beautiful 6 Bed room villa during our last disney Trip in April 2006. It was a great Vacation. The villa was very nice and spacicous to accomodate our team.

We have booked our villa through this springvacationrentals.
The Website has a variety of properties to choose and are rented by Owner.

I hope this may be of help for those who are looking for a nice place to stay.

Wow - PRSRIV76 - if I didnt know any better I would say you are sales for 'springvacationrentals' virtually every post you have made to the DIS has been about this website. Have anything else to say?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter