50th Celebration & Castle Fears

twojo21

disney bride 32106
THE 50TH CELEBRATION OF DISNEYLAND STARTS ON MAY 5TH 2005 AND RUNS FOR 18MONTHS. THE DISNEYLAND CASTLE IN CA WILL BE PAINTED BUT NO MENTION OF THE OTHERS. IN WDW FLORIDA THERE WILL BE ADDED SURPRISES LIKE ATTRACTIONS FROM OTHER DISNEY THEME PARKS (JAPAN, FRANCE) AND A NEW PARADE AT MAGIC KINGDOM. THE ARTICLE ON THE 50TH CELEBRATION WAS IN MY DISNEY MAGAZINE SUMMER ISSUE.

i was told by my em, that the caslte will be painted in gold at walt disney. others have mentioned that it will be just some parts painted, but not sure exactly what to expect...

We plan to have our pics taken at the MK in Oct 2005, so I'm anxious to hear how the Castle is going to be painted too. Oh well, just one more thing on my list of things to ask, lol.

I have also been told by a couple of CM's that castle at the MK will indeed be painted gold. I know that some future brides will either love it or hate it - if you really hate the idea and always wanted those all important MK castle bridal pictures I would have to advise that if possible you postpone the wedding or bring it forward otherwise you may be disappointed........ OR go with it, don't tell your future hubby and that way this will be a major excuse to go with the Vow Renewal years down the line ;)

But seriously - sorry in advance to all those future brides who are gonna be effected and upset by the Gold castle.

Has anyone heard anything on a time frame as to when this will be happening? We are getting married March 26, 2005, and my EM told me that it is extremely possible that the castle will be painted by then, probaly right before then. I havent heard anything since she told me this in July, and I am just curious if anyone has heard anything on dates and time frame???

Thanks
Jamie

A good friend of mine whose daughter is a CM in the MK told me that the touch ups have already been done on the castle and there are no plans to paint the MK castle gold. I hope she's right.

You have no idea how happy it would make me if she were right!! The castle is SO beautiful right now.

I just realized, that would make sense! Apparently they've been quietly painting the castle for the past few months, so why would they do that, just to go and paint it gold right after?? Hmmmm.... Please let this be true! :o

You have no idea how happy I would be if she were right!! The castle is SO beautiful right now.

Apparently they've been quietly painting the castle for the past few months, so why would they do all that work, just to go and paint it gold right after?? Hmmmm.... Please let this be true! :o

My wedding planner, maxine says (this is not a quote, but what i am remembering) that they are painting it from january to march and it will not be that noticeable. She said that from a distance, you may not even be able to tell. I wouldn't worry about it too much

Alright fine, inloveindisney! Just blow my theory right out of the water!! :p

I guess I should stop worrying about it. Like you were saying on another thread, it might look nice. I'm just more of a *white gold* kind of girl ;)

I think everyone is getting conflicting stories about what will happen with the castle. I was told by my em, that it would be painted soon before or soon after my wedding, march 26, when we were discussing photography. she had mentioned that the whole thing would be painted gold. But.. who knows!! they still have time to figure it out i guess!!!

lets keep our fingers crossed that whatever gets done, it looks nice!!!

Jamie

I can't even imagine the enitire castle gold. . . .I don't think I want to . . . .gold accents . . .yes BUT the WHOLE THING?!?:eek:

I personally thought gold sounded refreshing :) However, I'm not having wedding pics taken at the castle so it doesn't affect me.

Well if they do paint it I hope for the sake of brides it's not like the pink cake castle of 1996 celebrating 25 years of MK ;) .. remember that ?

Personally I loved it but then I wasn't a bride about to have my MK castle piccies :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter