50th anniversary

Chandra Pillsbury

Earning My Ears
This is my first post here. I'm not sure if this is the place to post this however I am excited to be bringing my grandkids for the first time. We will be there November 4th and hoping they will still have 50th anniversary decorations and celebrations at that time. We are looking forward to seeing the holiday decorations.

Welcome!

November is a beautiful time to go in terms of weather and hopefully crowds won't be too bad.

OTOH, while MK will have most of the holiday decorations up, most holiday decorations (such as at the resorts) tend to go up closer to Thanksgiving...

You will be arriving on the 4th which is just right after Halloween, so depending on how long of a stay you are having, I would probably think that the Halloween Decoration will still be up, and then the switch out most likely would start on the sometime the next week.. As well you might be on the tail end of Food and Wine over in Epcot...

As a Previous Poster stated, the Resort decoration will go up closer Thanksgiving...

Normally we would just look at the dates for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, the Decorations for sure will be up in MK, with that said..... With that said, Due to Corona Virus, which caused the cancellation of all Hard Ticket events last year, it really is up in the air if this year there will be a Christmas Party or any other hard ticket event...It really is just a wait and see for those events...

Welcome to DIS. We will be there around the same time. Weather can be very pleasant. We went same time in 2019 (My daughter's Disney Wedding) and the Christmas decorations were up/not sure if all but they were up.

Have fun!

Welcome, I love being able to share Disney with my family. I only have one grandchild but a second granddaughter is due any day! The 50th celebration should still be going on. In previous years, celebrations of this type have lasted a year or more. Have a lovely trip

Welcome! In case you are interested there is a thread on the News and Rumors tumor tracking news related to the 50th anniversary

https://www.disboards.com/threads/walt-disney-world-50th-anniversary-news.3816984/

While nothing officially has been announced, from what I have seen/read it looks like the celebration will just start on Oct 1st and then should continue for at least a year so there definitely should still be some anniversary related stuff going on when you go ... But we will have to see what they actually do as some plans have been scaled back/delayed due to Covid

I hope they have something for the 50th when I go in December and not save it for the company’s 100th anniversary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter