50th Anniversary Fireworks and Parades

LexiRose

Earning My Ears
I keep getting conflicting information - I heard that the 50th anniversary fireworks and parades will go through the end of the year - can anyone confirm this or tell me the real dates? Thanks so much!!! :goodvibes

The calendar on disneyland.com shows Remeber (fireworks) ending on Nov 4 and Parade of Dreams ending on Nov 12.

Oh Good! It will be very interesting to see what the changes are going to be next year. I have a feeling that after I go for the first time this year, that I am going to want to go back for a second trip sometime next year! So hopefully they do bring back what people call the best shows of Disney history.

Another^Dimension said:
They are both expected to return in early 2007, with slight changes... :)

Where did you hear this? Everything I've seen or heard, no one knows what's happening after the holidays.

got2travel said:
Where did you hear this? Everything I've seen or heard, no one knows what's happening after the holidays.

Entertainment tech whisperings...

Nothing is confirmed.

But Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams is expected to return once the Christmas Fantasy Parade ends it's season, minus the 50th references, because it was always expected to run a couple/few years after the 50th anyway.. is what was said even before it started in '05.
PoD is the new PotS, but probably won't run 4.5 years like PotS did.
And the parade's title is already custom fit with the new Year of a Million Dreams promotion. PoD already has it's 'special family picked as Grand Marshalls' pre-parade 'event' ongoing and has since '05. So that too is a perfect fit between the parade and a Dreams prize.

I have heard talk about Remember... possibly returning in '07 in posisbly a smaller form, with some script changes with the 50th references removed .. but I have also heard from someone else that Disneyland really wants a different, smaller, simpler fireworks show that doesn't depend on the Castle so much with special pyro, projections and lasers and doesn't require so many CM's for Guest Control on Main Street and around the Central Plaza/Hub.

These are just rumors and Disney changes it's mind quite often.
Nothing is confirmed. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter