• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50's or Biergarten(lunch) your results my decision.

50's or Biergarten for lunch?

• 50's Primetime

• Biergarten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brook1099

DIS Veteran
Hubby is not thrilled w/ going to 50's (calls it tv dinner diner)we have never eaten here, so I want to try it and so does DD.
Doing the DXDP to try new restaraunts.

He would love to go to Biergarten we have been 3 times and I really dont want to go back, but DD likes it here too(she likes everything) so A POLL is very neccesary because your results will determine our decision.

We love both, but for a different and super fun experience I would try the 50's. Their pot roast is amazing and the desserts are great as well.

I have never been to the restaurant in Germany. That is one that we want to try soon. But I do think the 50's Primetime Cafe is fun. If you like any of the old sitcoms like I Love Lucy, you will get a kick out of it.

50's does not appeal to us in the slightest. We love the Biergarten, however.

We really like the atmosphere at the 50's. Each time we have been there, the waitress has been great. My DH gets a real kick out of the "no elbows on the table" and "eat all your veggies or no dessert"...very funny! Love the food, too. The fried chicken and mashed potatoes is to die for!!!

They are both my top favorite restaurants, so I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Since you've already done Biergarten more than once, I'm voting for 50's because I think it's good to try new places. Trying a new place gives you the chance to discover a new favorite restaurant, or at least allows you to eliminate a choice (if you didn't like it) for your next trip.

Since you and your DD both want to try the 50's you should go there. The food is ok but if you get a good server it is really fun!

I enjoy Biergarten slightly more than 50's, but I voted for 50's since it's new to you. I'm all about the adventure!

I like the 50's, but the meatloaf is definately not my favorite. The fried chicken is great. I think the almost give you half a chicken. Their milk shakes a good also (along with some of the other deserts).

If I had to choose between the two as a personal preference, I would do the Biergarten, but make sure that your family likes that kind of food. My wife & youngest doesn't like German food (or eat just a few certain things), so when my oldest daughter & I eat there, the other two usually go to Italy.

DH and I love the down home food at 50's. Since we did the "experience" so much in the past, we have found it nicer to experience the ambiance sitting at the bar and eating there.

Both are good, I voted for Biergarten tho, we love german food! I say it depends on what food you want the most. Home cooked every day food( very good tho) or great german food with entertainment

We tried 50s because everyone says to try it but we did not like it at all.
It was very annoiying with all the pretending. We are always visiting WDW
in the heat of the early fall and when we eat we want peace and a place to
enjoy our food--50's Prime time was not the place for that.
We haven't ate at the other restaurant but on our last trip we really enjoyed
Tutto Italia which is located in Epcot.

We are trying new restaurants this trip:
Jiko--The cooking Place (at AKL)
Ohanas Dinner (at POLY)
San Angel Inn--WS Mexico Epcot

Have been to both. JMHO which is worth about 2 cents but I liked 50's better. Now if you ask DH, he would probably vote for Biergarten.

I voted for 50's Prime Time but in my opinion, it is an equal toss up. I love both of them.

Well these are my 2 favorite places in all of WDW so I'll throw in my 2 cents. Biergarten is great but 50's is too. I'd go with 50"s cause you have never been. The pot roast is to die for and the desserts are too. If you are on the dining plan (or not) make sure you try the Peanut butter and jelly shake. It counts as your drink. My parents loved them so much that I have to make them here at home for them!
Good luck!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter