50 posts to post in the rent forum?

agsmith

Earning My Ears
Why is there a minimum number of posts required to post in the rent/trade forum? It seems to me that that promotes mindless thread spamming, as I am now required to post 18 mindless replies so that I can create a thread in that forum.

Just FYI: I believe that those posts must be "contributory" to the boards-- so just post boosting or random spamish posts with really no content won't count. I think they do review your posting history to be sure that you are a contributing member of the boards. Also none of those 50 can be in the DVC Rent Trade Forum.

Just FYI: I believe that those posts must be "contributory" to the boards-- so just post boosting or random spamish posts with really no content won't count. I think they do review your posting history to be sure that you are a contributing member of the boards. Also none of those 50 can be in the DVC Rent Trade Forum.
Yes you are correct. The Rent/Trade board moderators don't just count the posts, we review them. Posts that do not contribute to the discussion do not count.

The reason behind the 50 Posts rule is that the Rent/Trade board is offered as a free service to active members of the DIS community. We define "active" to mean users who post regularly on the other (non-R/T) boards to share their Disney experience and expertise.

last one!!! thank you red tape
Taking a quick look at your posts, none of them would count towards the 50 posts required. One could argue that your initial post in this thread should count but we do not count posts made on the Test board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter